True or False —Takeover

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It occurs to me, having waded through all 25 pages of this, and listening to the Four Blades, and being none the wiser, that JimPhipps would have the answers to many of the questions we all have.

Jim? Jim? You there? Put us all out of our misery please.

Is this real? Is Mauriss real? If He is real does he have the brass he needs? Would he be a suitable owner?

You're my only hope of making any send of this.

It occurs to me, having waded through all 25 pages of this, and listening to the Four Blades, and being none the wiser, that JimPhipps would have the answers to many of the questions we all have.

Jim? Jim? You there? Put us all out of our misery please.

Is this real? Is Mauriss real? If He is real does he have the brass he needs? Would he be a suitable owner?

You're my only hope of making any send of this.
I think he has made some comments, I’ve read them on here, which one of the number of threads it’s in your guess is as good as mine.

it's common knowledge he worked for credit card company and dealt in 7bn pounds worth of assets. now which nutters would trust someone shady with 7 bn quid.
most traders do not make public all their dealings some of the theories on here are just plain daft
☎️ Hello, Barings Bank, how may we help ?

I’m ringing about the job in the ‘situations vacant’ section of the Sheffield Star

Yes sir, could I take your name?

Aye, it’s Nick, Nick Leeson

All I've taken from this so far is that a tuck under will grant you far more than a take over ever will.
Im on my third threesome in 2 days. And though I've no idea what gender has been in my gob it's far more rewarding that this episode will ever be.

What people have to remember here is that HRH is first of all a business man, and a good one, ask Mr McCabe. But if you look at how much it's going to take for us to make that next step, it could be more than he'll be comfortable with.
If so the club may not be in a better position than right now to make him a good profit on his investment .plus he already has a couple of other clubs in his portfolio.
Can't fault him on his ownership of us so far, but it could well be squeaky bum time for him if he needs to take that next big gamble to improve the club..

Could be well out of order here , but common business sense says now is a good time to run up the flag and see who salutes ....
It certainly did seem that having happily had him along for the ride, Kevin couldn't wait to push him off the train as the big money approached.

So in that sense he showed his smarts.

A period in our history you unfortunately marred by a few local egos getting the better of them.

Pretty sure had McCabe not moved against HRH they could have carried on. Also think HRH was genuine when he wanted Chris to stay.

But it did seem that financial reality wasn't something Chris was looking to embrace. We lost 20m through COVID, yet for reasons only he knows, he somehow thought spending wouldn't be impacted.

Seems the Prince is suing the middle men for not giving the club a deposit that they had to.

All behind this link

Seems the Prince is suing the middle men for not giving the club a deposit that they had to.

All behind this link

Obviously Maurice couldn't even come up with a deposit ,

What was the point in trying to buy a football club when he doesn't have 2 cents to rub together ffs. Did he honestly think the current ownership would just hand over the reigns without receiving payment? Idiot

Would you be happy to sell now? I feel like we're in very good hands at tge moment.

Would prefer an investor coming in and supporting the Prince.
Not sat second in the division. Even selling to a genuine billionaire with our best interests at heart could throw us out of step.

Ask me again in February if we've sold Ndiaye and Berge and it's a different answer

This is our 7th season of really fucking decent performance (and yes I include relegation in the PL) in the life of our club

I think some fans forget this. 7 years of being really fucking good.

But yeah, let’s chuck all the money on red and see what happens.

This is our 7th season of really fucking decent performance (and yes I include relegation in the PL) in the life of our club

I think some fans forget this. 7 years of being really fucking good.

But yeah, let’s chuck all the money on red and see what happens.
Fans can have opinions but it's clear the fact is the Prince would be willing to sell. It's a business for him after all.

This was all smoke and mirrors to try and flush out a real offer …. Needless to say it failed

I think fair to say that when we are doing well in the league the opinion of ownership is better.
Yet this time last year the opinion of ownership was not of this and when we have been poor in the league same has been said about McCabe.

It is in the middle. There is some positives from our current ownership partly the harder stances on bids for our players so far than McCabe etc.

However it's not that rosy either. Wilder, Jokanovic and Heckingbottom have all expressed frustration on different matters too. From training facilities to transfer dealings and other things in between.

Heckingbottom also alluded that when he was to take over in temporary charge the organisation of all of that was a mess from our hierarchy.

I've heard of other matters that are just a bit baffling too. But I'm not here to knock them. Just to say be a bit balanced about it.

Come the summer too if we don't go up we will be cutting back quite a bit. We won't be able to keep players on some contracts due to less parachute money.
The opinion on our owners in this situation would likely be more negative.

I still can't see much of what he's done outside of having huge premier league TV money to play with. It's impossible to judge!

This for me.

I've been watching since late 70s, so using that yardstick he's one of the better ones for me, but it's a low bar.

As Berkshire Blade says, he's had some funds to play with. The test will be close season and next season. If we don't go up we'll have to seriously cut our cloth.

So far so good but let's keep our powder dry.....

And invested those funds to buy and retain players. There was apparently no money available this season yet we still went out and invested in Ane.
The only facts we know are the accounts that come out the rest are opinions. Lowest wage bill in the premier league and that second season it showed. Made a profit both premier league seasons. Sold ramsdale which probably funded the Anel transfer. Not sure what credit the Prince can get for that? It's the clubs own money?

Next accounts will be interesting. Hopefully we'll be in the premier league when they come out regardless

I think fair to say that when we are doing well in the league the opinion of ownership is better.
Yet this time last year the opinion of ownership was not of this and when we have been poor in the league same has been said about McCabe.

It is in the middle. There is some positives from our current ownership partly the harder stances on bids for our players so far than McCabe etc.

However it's not that rosy either. Wilder, Jokanovic and Heckingbottom have all expressed frustration on different matters too. From training facilities to transfer dealings and other things in between.

Heckingbottom also alluded that when he was to take over in temporary charge the organisation of all of that was a mess from our hierarchy.

I've heard of other matters that are just a bit baffling too. But I'm not here to knock them. Just to say be a bit balanced about it.

Come the summer too if we don't go up we will be cutting back quite a bit. We won't be able to keep players on some contracts due to less parachute money.
The opinion on our owners in this situation would likely be more negative.

Very much agree, fans are so hypocritical.

You can have an owner who builds the club off the field, treats all fans with respect, shows ambition with transfers
but if that team is relegated then the owner is clueless, the worse ever and fans then abuse and insult the owner wanting him out.

Alternatively you can have an owner who shows no ambition, hardly communicates but treats the fans like shit.
Doesn't invest and show any interest in the club but if that team gain promotion, then guess what?
Yes, the fans praise him for being good owner.

So using this logic, as 3 teams are promoted every year and 3 are relegated every year.
Then regardless of what an owner does, there will always be 3 great owners and 3 terrible owners each year in every division.

Reactions: Dkc
This for me.

I've been watching since late 70s, so using that yardstick he's one of the better ones for me, but it's a low bar.

As Berkshire Blade says, he's had some funds to play with. The test will be close season and next season. If we don't go up we'll have to seriously cut our cloth.

There's never been a owner as ambitious as the current one.

Remember when we were promoted everyone was predicting we'd spend 20 million a season on players, some even predicted 10 million a season like a Norwich.
There was a poll done on this site and I was more optimistic and predicted we'd spend 30 million a season on transfers.
However shockingly we spent 50 million in the 1st season and over 50 million in the 2nd season.

After relegation due to our ambition he went out and appointed (on paper) the best, most experience manager at Championship level
and even agreed to back him allowing him, at great expense to bring in his Spanish backroom staff.

Previous owners have often sold our best players, again our fans have predicted our best players will all be sold after relegation
but again the Prince proves the doubters wrong and to the anger of the other Championship club we've still retained all our best players.

Regards the club the Prince has kept our season ticket prices affordable and worked at building up our fanbase.
Seems hard believe that we've averaging nearly 29K this season, with almost every match close to a home sell out.
It's getting to the point where our ground won't be big enough for us. Wednesday fans are getting rattled that our fanbase has grown so much.

Regarding "seriously cutting our cloth" next season if we fail to gain promotion
That's what a good/ responsible owner would do, a responsible owner needs to face the reality of a financial situation.
PL clubs receive 110 million a season, Championship clubs receive 7 million a season from Sky, that is a massive difference.
The Prince is the best we've ever had, so of course he's going to remain as ambitious as possible but still balance the books, so we don't fall foul of the FFP rules.

Last edited:
There's never been a owner as ambitious as the current one.

Remember when we were promoted everyone was predicting we'd spend 20 million a season on players, some even predicted 10 million a season like a Norwich.
There was a poll done on this site and I was more optimistic and predicted we'd spend 30 million a season on transfers.
However shockingly we spent 50 million in the 1st season and over 50 million in the 2nd season.

After relegation due to our ambition he went out and appointed (on paper) the best, most experience manager at Championship level
and even agreed to back him allowing him, at great expense to bring in his Spanish backroom staff.

Previous owners have often sold our best players, again our fans have predicted our best players will all be sold after relegation
but again the Prince proves the doubters wrong and to the anger of the other Championship club we've still retained all our best players.

Regards the club the Prince has kept our season ticket prices affordable and worked at building up our fanbase.
Seems hard believe that we've averaging nearly 29K this season, with almost every match close to a home sell out.
It's getting to the point where our ground won't be big enough for us.

Regarding "seriously cutting our cloth" next season if we fail to gain promotion
That's what a good/ responsible owner would do.
The Prince is the best we've ever had, so of course he's going to remain as ambitious as possible but still balance the books, so we don't fall foul of the FFP rules.

Can't disagree with any of that.

To try and qualify my cloth cutting comment, it wasn't meant as a criticism. I more meant that expectations might have to be set accordingly.

This for me.

Agree, but I also think he has bought a lot of stability in the boardroom when we needed it.
Obviously there have been the courtroom shenanigans, which to be fair he tried to keep that from affecting us on the playing side.

Genuine question: Have we ever had a more capable owner than the Prince?

Not that I'm aware of (since the 90s).
If he’s so capable, why are Beerschott and Chateroux in such a mess? I’m not going to start heavily criticising him based on half facts, rumours and speculation but I wasn’t impressed by how Wilder’s departure was handled, or the protracted search for his replacement which included trying to bring in a manager who wasn’t eligible for a work permit and culminated in spending a huge amount of money on a manager who was the worst fit at the club since Adkins, who we were told had said he could get us up with the existing players and then spent three months moaning he couldn’t sign new players. His saving grace was telling the club to stop lowballing Ndiaye and give him a decent contract.

I’m not impressed by a lot of the little things, like the way the SAG issues have been handled, by way the academy teams are playing all over the place, the way we’re running down contracts. Non of this may matter but it gives me the impression that above Hecky and his team, we could be better run.

I could be entirely wrong but when McCabe came in and got Warnock, most people considered McCabe to be the best we’d ever had, but without Warnock and Dooley, he ran the club badly, appointing the wrong people, making bad decisions, gambling money on three year contracts that we wouldn’t be able to pay if we didn’t go straight back up. I have seen little to suggest that PA didn’t benefit in the same way from having Wilder at the club. If CW hadn’t got us up, PA wouldn’t have even been able to buy the Lane and the rest of the assets, because he wouldn’t have had the PL money to pay for them. And for those that think he did us a big favour by uniting the club with the ground, bear in mind that when he does sell, all the money he gets for the club, the Lane etc goes to him, just like all the money for the club and the ground went to KM.

Just remember your history. Brearley put a lot of his own money in and it was his other interests going tits up that turned him from “the best we’ve had” to “fuck off Reg”, same with MacDonald, same with KM. We can’t assess PA properly at this stage, the bottom line is that since he’s had sole control we’ve been relegated and failed to get back. That happens to plenty of clubs, what separates the good from the bad is how that is dealt with. If we go up, I’ll accept he’s handled a difficult situation well. Until then, I’ll keep my comments to a minimum as I don’t enjoy criticising the club I support and I am aware that running a club is not easy.

Back
Top Bottom