True or False —Takeover

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Having appeared on TV, on streaming services and in print, then the answer is no, but I take your point (plus being the man lucky enough to discover Nick "Monty" Montgomery, and recognise his genuine acting talent, becoming his agent to get him his first break on the road to stardom).
One of the better ‘Fans only’ pages as well😉

£43m in share capital. It’s logged at Companies House.

I think you’ll find there were other people involved in the £300m. The players for example. On that basis though, it’s possible to argue that Wilders abject performance in the second PL season cost us at least one seasons PL money say, £125m plus his poor signings wiped most of that £300m. But, like the “CW earned us £300m” claim, it’s nonsense. Without backing from the board - along with Wilders obvious successes - we wouldn’t have seen any of it.

If it’s indeed £115m he will make a profit. Thanks to the £5m share offer scenario thought up by McCabe and his legal team.
We were favourites to go down in both PL seasons, finishing 9th in our first season a.was an unexpected bonus. The fact that CW failed to keep us up in the second season didn't cost us money as we had budgeted for it

We were favourites to go down in both PL seasons, finishing 9th in our first season a.was an unexpected bonus. The fact that CW failed to keep us up in the second season didn't cost us money as we had budgeted for it

Okay. So the first season must have been pure luck then? So CW didn’t “earn” it that season

It clearly did cost us money as we ended up with parachute payments. Don’t you think there would have been a budget for if we’d stopped up as well? Also, do you believe the championship promotion seasons budgeted for PL money the next year?

Not joined up thinking l’m afraid.

I think you’ll find there were other people involved in the £300m. The players for example.

Though the majority of the players were CW signings, certainly moulded and organised by CW/AK.

So the players were partly responsible for our performance in the first PL season.

On that basis though, it’s possible to argue that Wilders abject performance in the second PL season cost us at least one seasons PL money
Now the players are not responsible for our abject 2nd season ?

That's the wonder of figures though and why a coin has two sides.
I could easily argue that without CW/AK we would still be in League One, as we had been for the previous five years, therfore the 'CW earned us £ 300 million plus' is less nonsense.

He certainly 'earned' us considerably more than Slovisa Jokanovich.

What people have to remember here is that HRH is first of all a business man, and a good one, ask Mr McCabe. But if you look at how much it's going to take for us to make that next step, it could be more than he'll be comfortable with.
If so the club may not be in a better position than right now to make him a good profit on his investment .plus he already has a couple of other clubs in his portfolio.
Can't fault him on his ownership of us so far, but it could well be squeaky bum time for him if he needs to take that next big gamble to improve the club..

Could be well out of order here , but common business sense says now is a good time to run up the flag and see who salutes ....

Though the majority of the players were CW signings, certainly moulded and organised by CW/AK.

So the players were partly responsible for our performance in the first PL season.

Now the players are not responsible for our abject 2nd season ?

That's the wonder of figures though and why a coin has two sides.
I could easily argue that without CW/AK we would still be in League One, as we had been for the previous five years, therfore the 'CW earned us £ 300 million plus' is less nonsense.

He certainly 'earned' us considerably more than Slovisa Jokanovich.

My point was that - by your reckoning - if he earned us £300m by the promotions, by the same logic he cost us at least one seasons PL money by finishing bottom. You can’t apply different rules.

It’s an argument l’ve not seen at any other club, just in a Wilder v Owner debate.

It clearly did cost us money as we ended up with parachute payments.

Are parachute payments, money earned or money lost ?
Whichever philosophy you adopt, it is income, which is always better than, no income.

I'm still trying to work out whether the chicken or the egg came first, so I'll sit on the fence over that one.

Are parachute payments, money earned or money lost ?
Whichever philosophy you adopt, it is income, which is always better than, no income.

I'm still trying to work out whether the chicken or the egg came first, so I'll sit on the fence over that one.

If we’d stayed up for one more season we’d have still got parachute money. Which is included in the £300m btw.

I’m not saying CW doesn’t deserve credit financially because his on field successes show that he does. He didn’t earn it on his own though.

He probably accepted the offer but knows full well the guy doesn't have the money. If someone offered me £50 for my pants and I knew they had no chance of paying me I'd still accept the offer on the off chance he lobbed 50 notes my way. For my pants this is. If anyone is interested

giphy.gif

Can’t see how he’s made money out of airport tv. The only screens I watch at an airport are the departure boards. Do these carry advertising in the USA ?
And hospital TV. I can't imagine it either tbh.
I think his money is supposed to have come from his share trading days.

But tinterweb says he traded $7bn of stock. That doesn't mean he made that much. I imagine he made profit on it, but is he really a billionaire?

Firstly, if this is correct, then we have been in talks with this guy, but he can't raise the funds, hence the Prince saying the deal has a less than 50% chance of taking place, and interestingly, he says (again, if true) that the 115 million figure is incorrect.

The fact that the BBC got suckered into printing this story, along with a lot of other mainstream media, is pretty incredible, surely they would have checked with the club, and if they did check, what were they told?

Strange stuff.
Not that strange.....the BBC still thinks that Ukraine has a chance of winning the war.

Only possibly 2 people know the exact figure, the Prince and his accountant.
But if I had to hazard a guesstimate it would be around 10 to 30 million.

Whatever the figure, it is certainly nowhere near, either the 300 + millions earned by Chris Wilder for the club or the reported offer of 115 million to buy the club.

What figures would your forensic accountancy skills come up with ?
So he's going to flog 46m pounds of property, then the side 70m plus for 10-30m don't think so
Where do you stand on the Prince 'taking' a £ 70 million pay off.

How much did Slav get paid off for his performance ?
It's called investing

Can’t see how he’s made money out of airport tv. The only screens I watch at an airport are the departure boards. Do these carry advertising in the USA ?
The American airports that I have been to show news NBC or CNN that is enough give you a headache.

The American airports that I have been to show news NBC or CNN that is enough give you a headache.
CNN stopped playing in airports asof January last year. Most airports started to put on local TV, but some still put on CNN. The airport deal was with Jeff Zucker not our Henry.

it's common knowledge he worked for credit card company and dealt in 7bn pounds worth of assets. now which nutters would trust someone shady with 7 bn quid.
most traders do not make public all their dealings some of the theories on here are just plain daft

£115 million is a bargain to buy Sheffield United. We probably have double that in assets if you tot up all the players down to u15, all that prime residential development land at Shirecliffe and the Bramall Lane stadium and hotel. Then there is Sky money, parachute payments and league prize money.

Of course, Prince has mortgaged most of that but presumably Prince would be responsible for settling those debts out of the buyout fee?

Then there are the intangible but marketable assets of club's history, league position, and the fans who are money in the bank - look at our loyalty over the L1 years

Someone with a bit of ambition and financial nous could make this club a proper contender

Firstly, if this is correct, then we have been in talks with this guy, but he can't raise the funds, hence the Prince saying the deal has a less than 50% chance of taking place, and interestingly, he says (again, if true) that the 115 million figure is incorrect.

The fact that the BBC got suckered into printing this story, along with a lot of other mainstream media, is pretty incredible, surely they would have checked with the club, and if they did check, what were they told?

Strange stuff.

I would say it’s entirely credible that the mainstream media got suckered in as you say. 99% of the output is utter garbage/lies/ill researched….delete as appropriate!

Back
Top Bottom