True or False —Takeover

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If he’s saying the £115m is incorrect, that means that the club has had a bid(s) and/or is for sale.

It’s probably likely that this Mauriss guy has come in, bid an amount and then gone quiet (like at Newcastle). Alongside this, other parties are showing interest, but nothing solid at this stage.

Him saying there’s less than a 50% chance of it happening may be true, or it might be a tactic to get other interested parties to bid/ match his price. I wouldn’t take it all at face value.

Is this referencing the interview that's in Arabic? The interview from when he won the court case?
He refers to the amount being less than the quoted £115m to sell the club so I doubt it

Why he’s doing an interview in Saudi & not here is beyond me though. Fans deserve to be kept updated more

Last edited:
He refers to the amount being less than the quoted £115m to sell the club so I doubt it

Why he’s doing an interview in Saudi & not here is beyond me though. Fans deserve to be kept updated more
Totally agree someone should be coming out and letting us know what's going on. The bits in the article 2013-2019 just had me wondering if it's an old piece that's been dug uo 🤷🏼‍♂️

Considering it's talking about the apparent bid....no.

Maybe it's a old photo but I wouldn't know.
Who knows, not me I always skipped arabic classes in school. If he can do an interview over in saudi then surely him or somebody could enlighten us over here.

That is what he says, the Prince hasnt confirmed that this is true.

Is that clear?
it was how the bbc reported it
usually a source that checks its stories
I wouldnt have taken it as read from the Athletic

it seems it may not be over just put aside till the seasons over and if princey gets 160 m from the prem tv money
likely something will proceed if we dont go up

will probably be back on as soon if we lose next 2 games

Prince Abdullah has confirmed that a sale of Sheffield United has less than a 50% chance of happening. The current Blades owner has also stated that the reported £115m figure is incorrect.
from that you could say its 50 per cent now but 100 per cent if we dont go up
he also says the 115 is incorrect not that its one derisory might only be 100m in pounds not dollars

Last edited:
it was how the bbc reported it
usually a source that checks its stories
I wouldnt have taken it as read from the Athletic

it seems it may not be over just put aside till the seasons over and if princey gets 160 m from the prem tv money
likely something will proceed if we dont go up

will probably be back on as soon if we lose next 2 games

The fact that the BBC got suckered into printing this story, along with a lot of other mainstream media, is pretty incredible, surely they would have checked with the club, and if they did check, what were they told?

Strange stuff.

Or it could be that this bidder is a shill, the free publicity (worth millions) alerting everyone to the fact that the club is available and for an approximate sum.

After all if you wished to sell a football club you can hardly list it on Ebay- starting 99p, or advertise it through your local estate agent.

Why did his bid for Newcastle fall through, when his 'bid' was higher ?
Why is so little known about the elusive Mr Mauriss ?
Why has the Price distanced himself from the bid ?

The case continues..

How much do you claim he’s put in?

Only possibly 2 people know the exact figure, the Prince and his accountant.
But if I had to hazard a guesstimate it would be around 10 to 30 million.

Whatever the figure, it is certainly nowhere near, either the 300 + millions earned by Chris Wilder for the club or the reported offer of 115 million to buy the club.

What figures would your forensic accountancy skills come up with ?

Only possibly 2 people know the exact figure, the Prince and his accountant.
But if I had to hazard a guesstimate it would be around 10 to 30 million.

Whatever the figure, it is certainly nowhere near, either the 300 + millions earned by Chris Wilder for the club or the reported offer of 115 million to buy the club.

What figures would your forensic accountancy skills come up with ?

£43m in share capital. It’s logged at Companies House.

I think you’ll find there were other people involved in the £300m. The players for example. On that basis though, it’s possible to argue that Wilders abject performance in the second PL season cost us at least one seasons PL money say, £125m plus his poor signings wiped most of that £300m. But, like the “CW earned us £300m” claim, it’s nonsense. Without backing from the board - along with Wilders obvious successes - we wouldn’t have seen any of it.

If it’s indeed £115m he will make a profit. Thanks to the £5m share offer scenario thought up by McCabe and his legal team.

Are you new to the media? :)

Having appeared on TV, on streaming services and in print, then the answer is no, but I take your point (plus being the man lucky enough to discover Nick "Monty" Montgomery, and recognise his genuine acting talent, becoming his agent to get him his first break on the road to stardom).

Having appeared on TV, on streaming services and in print, then the answer is no, but I take your point (plus being the man lucky enough to discover Nick "Monty" Montgomery, and recognise his genuine acting talent, becoming his agent to get him his first break on the road to stardom).

“Do you know who l am”

:)

Sean? is that you mate?

Back
Top Bottom