True or False —Takeover

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't believe this guy is behind the bid, if a bid has even been made.

7 billion would be more than a step up, but it doesn't mean that top quality players will be bought.

I think QPR's owner a few years ago was the 4th richest man on the planet at one time
The richest owners in the championship are Barnsley's owners who follow a model of trying to buy players then selling them on for profit . That is what the prince has said he wants to do with United world which would appeal to an investor with an upside that you could end up with a premier League club

If he's done an article on it I'd rather he'd done it in the country of the club hebowns rather than through Saudi Arabian press. But there's still many questions that need asking, it's remeniscent of the failed takeover by Sam Hashimi now and that was embarrassing at the time also for the club. Not good that it's just when we're needing to focus on football at a critical time.
I’m not sure how embarrassing it actually is for the club as the whole “bid accepted” narrative was coming from one source pretty much that being the athletic which was then parroted everywhere else as the athletic is usually a very reliable source.

However I mentioned it elsewhere yesterday there wasn’t any real diverse reporting giving any detail or new angle on the story just a lot of the same thing repeated and the athletic journalist himself started to put out some back covering type tweets pretty quickly. That points to someone singing a pretty tune to that particular journalist Which was swallowed and then watching the ripples they’d created without there being all too much substance there when anyone went digging.

Therefore I’d be tempted to push back on the notion that any bid was accepted at all and that rather someone’s had the British sports press on strings here and not for the first time.

I do agree it is however a distraction we could do without and I’m sure the club aren’t happy being embroiled in this.

I haven't heard this story I'm intrigued ?
Although I’ve probably already entered libel territory I perhaps (now!?) need to be a tad cautious:-
From recollection it had been alleged / described that the new owner
of t’Railway was struggling to provide ale as the ‘budget’ had been misappropriated by a ne’er do well who had agreed / arranged to purchase a (some?) games consoles but then reneged on the deal (but ‘took’ the merchandise) !!!?!!!
Could also have been some suggestion that some form of (go) fund (me) ‘project’ was (to be) established
I’m only describing what I’ve been told M’lud😳

Although I’ve probably already entered libel territory I perhaps (now!?) need to be a tad cautious:-
From recollection it had been alleged / described that the new owner
of t’Railway was struggling to provide ale as the ‘budget’ had been misappropriated by a ne’er do well who had agreed / arranged to purchase a (some?) games consoles but then reneged on the deal (but ‘took’ the merchandise) !!!?!!!
Could also have been some suggestion that some form of (go) fund (me) ‘project’ was (to be) established
I’m only describing what I’ve been told M’lud😳
1 of my most favourite days on shoutbox

Prince has done absolute bits during his time here. Imagine these kinds of numbers being bandied about without him.

What exactly has the Prince done ?

He fell out with the manager who earned us £ 300 million, appointed a new manager, too late, then sacked him a few months later.

Ok. he (and McC) sanctioned spending around a third of the earned money on buying new players.

The Prince has not increased the value of the club personally, as he has put very little of his own money in.

Is this our michael knighton moment or what, someone come up with an answer, preferable in the next 13 minutes.

When the deal becomes an ontological debate regarding the proposed new owner you know it must be fucked!

Firstly, if this is correct, then we have been in talks with this guy, but he can't raise the funds, hence the Prince saying the deal has a less than 50% chance of taking place, and interestingly, he says (again, if true) that the 115 million figure is incorrect.

The fact that the BBC got suckered into printing this story, along with a lot of other mainstream media, is pretty incredible, surely they would have checked with the club, and if they did check, what were they told?

Strange stuff.

As much as I wanted this to be true, I really had a sense of scepticism about it the moment it was announced. The fact you can barely find any info about this guy online is quite telling.

Perhaps in this day and age you can be a secret millionaire, but I genuinely don't believe in the age of social media and 24h news, that you can be a secret billionaire.

If it is confirmed to be a fraud of a story, then let's hope that this is just the first link of many potential buyers waiting in the wings, with a credible one who is able to take us to the next level. Because it's also absolutely clear that this is extremely unlikely to happen under the Prince's stewardship.

Last edited:
If anyone anygood at arabic, the video of the interview is here:

I must admit I haven't got remotely excited about this at all.

So I'm not in the least bit 'gutted' if it doesn't happen.

I'm sure Wednesday fans are looking at an opportunity to fall over themselves at some sort of misfortune but HRH has run a steady ship, not dropped us in it financially and we still have a decent squad, most of which we own.

If this triggers something else, another level of interest then fine but I for one don't want a faceless foreign group in charge. Look at Birmingham. Manager can't even get hold of those in charge.

What exactly has the Prince done ?

He fell out with the manager who earned us £ 300 million, appointed a new manager, too late, then sacked him a few months later.

Ok. he (and McC) sanctioned spending around a third of the earned money on buying new players.

The Prince has not increased the value of the club personally, as he has put very little of his own money in.

How much do you claim he’s put in?

I must admit I haven't got remotely excited about this at all.

So I'm not in the least bit 'gutted' if it doesn't happen.

I'm sure Wednesday fans are looking at an opportunity to fall over themselves at some sort of misfortune but HRH has run a steady ship, not dropped us in it financially and we still have a decent squad, most of which we own.

If this triggers something else, another level of interest then fine but I for one don't want a faceless foreign group in charge. Look at Birmingham. Manager can't even get hold of those in charge.

On the basis is pretty much nothing tangible, some fans get giddy and the media doesn’t want to get left behind on the story so run with the bare bones.

Back
Top Bottom