Transfers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blades14

Reaction score
7 Days into the January transfer window and I genuinely thought we'd have someone in by now. Does any believe we will actually sign any of wilder's targets?

7 Days into the January transfer window and I genuinely thought we'd have someone in by now. Does any believe we will actually sign any of wilder's targets?

mattbianco1 mentioned earlier that SSN had said last night we have two loan players coming in soon.

Really? I didn’t expect anyone to join....

even if they do I don’t imagine it will be until after the FA Cup games.

mattbianco1 mentioned earlier that SSN had said last night we have two loan players coming in soon.

Yeah. It was actually a little feature on us. They went to this reporter for a "Sheffield United update". He said to expect 2 loans - 1 domestic, 1 overseas and to expect deals to be done quickly. Never mentioned names but said a Left CB and Attacking Midfielder.

this year it would take something special and we really don't do special so not given it more than a cursory thought.

Had we got one win and another draw then I would believe we could have turned this around.

Would have thought talks would have started before January and them to be completed already to give them time to bed in and get up to date with how we play

Had we got one win and another draw then I would believe we could have turned this around.
It's been the perfect storm of bad conditions for us, I expect us to rally but ultimately fail.

Would have thought talks would have started before January and them to be completed already to give them time to bed in and get up to date with how we play

Easier said than done especially in a January transfer window.

I'd be moving heaven and earth to bring in Shinji Kagawa who I believe is still a free agent.

Not because I think he'd be any good. More because I used to fanboy over him and the rest of the early 2010's Borussia Dortmund side.

This is probably why I'm not in charge of our recruitment.

Yeah. It was actually a little feature on us. They went to this reporter for a "Sheffield United update". He said to expect 2 loans - 1 domestic, 1 overseas and to expect deals to be done quickly. Never mentioned names but said a Left CB and Attacking Midfielder.
Must have about as much knowledge of what is happening as the rest of us !!!!

Sounds like we will get ONE midfielder to hopefully change our entire season around.

Another loan should be the LCB spot which will help us tighten up, but that midfielder has an incredible amount of pressure on his shoulders already.

We need a box to box, ball winning, athletic, creative, goal scoring, strong, quick lad... Good luck with that.

Wilder said he wanted early acquisitions .... probably HRH not backing him?

Surely the targets have changed, bearing in mind the league we will be in next season

Wilder said he wanted early acquisitions .... probably HRH not backing him?

All managers WANT to get their business done early. Nobody says "no no let's wait until the end of January and then sign the lad, we don't need him for the next 3 weeks"

The fact that it's 7th January and we haven't brought anybody in is absolutely NOT a sign that HRH isn't backing him!!

I'd be moving heaven and earth to bring in Shinji Kagawa who I believe is still a free agent.

Not because I think he'd be any good. More because I used to fanboy over him and the rest of the early 2010's Borussia Dortmund side.

This is probably why I'm not in charge of our recruitment.

He could be our new Ravel Morrisson and Jack Rodwell. We sign him and he barely plays a match.

Don't buy into the "no point signing anyone" narrative.

Whilst we aren't going to stay up. Surely most will agree stopping the rot and getting to a respectable point total is still important, as to avoid any hangover / rebuild confidence in players / reduce toxicity amongst some fans etc.

Also whilst its irrelevant as points total is what it is, we have often lost by a single goal. Sure its a buzzword, but 'moments' have dictated perhaps the 5 or 6 extra points away from a normal relegation scrap and leaves us with the embarrassing situation we find ourselves in.

Given the dearth or options at LCB and RCM, a couple of good players in these positions changes 20% of outfield players, and i think this helps us start picking up some points.

Survival is long gone, but think a couple of players can certainly make go down with a fight - which to me remains important.

Last edited:
He could be our new Ravel Morrisson and Jack Rodwell. We sign him and he barely plays a match.

'Kagawa' looks a bit sexier on the back of a shirt, though.

We've shit our potful.
We've spunked our moneh.
Dress it up however you like - we have no significant funds left to spend.
I believe we used all of our 20/21 budget to bring in Berge (early) and Brewster.
The former, whilst being a very talented player, has not improved us one bit (in fact it's caused us to play a different way to accommodate him), and the latter has suffered as a consequence of the problems caused by the former!
Proof of this lack of funds came when we didn't loan a suitable replacement for JOC when we were desperate for one.
Expect a couple of loans, yes, but none requiring a significant outlay (and therefore probably no better than we already have).
:-(

It is a little disappointing not to have recruited anyone yet, isn't it?
I was a little hopeful that we might bring two, real game-changing, loans.
Then I became, just, a little excited when it was suggested we might bring a player or two on some short-term contracts.
Now I am feeling more than a little deflated.
Maybe when I am entitled to the vaccine things will improve, a little.
Or it could simply be a fact of life in being a Blade.

I dont mind who we bring in tbh im just sick of seeing Robinson, Stevens and Norwood in our team

We've shit our potful.
We've spunked our moneh.
I believe we used all of our 20/21 budget to bring in Berge (early) and Brewster.
The former, whilst being a very talented player, has not improved us one bit (in fact it's caused us to play a different way to accommodate him), and the latter has suffered as a consequence of the problems caused by the former!
Proof of this lack of funds came when we didn't loan a suitable replacement for JOC when we were desperate for one.
Expect a couple of loans, yes, but none requiring a significant outlay (and therefore probably no better than we already have).
Apart from "the same thing but worse" how have we changed our play to accommodate Berge?

'Kagawa' looks a bit sexier on the back of a shirt, though.
Yeah but Morrison is cool as fuck. He has "Ravel".

Bit like Colin Kazim-Richards who now sports "Kazim" on the back of his Derby shirt.

I mean you have to be a special kind of fucknut to have your first name or nickname on your shirt... especially if you're british.

Apart from "the same thing but worse" how have we changed our play to accommodate Berge?
Fair point.
Maybe it's more a case of us trying to use him (in various roles) in our established system and his inclusion has made us worse as a team.
I see him as our Faustino Asprilla - remember Newcastle buying him?
They were absolutely flying when they bought him. He was undoubtedly a massively talented player, but he didn't fit into their system and they nosedived from that point.

We've shit our potful.
We've spunked our moneh.
Otherwise called squad fillers again!

How come whenever we don't spend me moan, and whenever we spend big we assume we've blown the next windows budget?

Back
Top Bottom