Transfers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CW already said they have two loans they want and he said they had gone up for approval which I took meaning HRH etc to decide yes or no so we are waiting on them. That was I think the day the transfer window opened or the day before.

Lingard looks to be going to West Ham so definitely not him.

No surprise there! I'm fully prepared for no incomings as a fan. Reading between the lines Wilder is miffed about it but obviously can't be critical of the hirachy.

No surprise there! I'm fully prepared for no incomings as a fan. Reading between the lines Wilder is miffed about it but obviously can't be critical of the hirachy.
I'm not surprised if the Prince is a little bit wary after Chris as tossed £100million odd down the toilet.

I'd be moving heaven and earth to bring in Shinji Kagawa who I believe is still a free agent.

Not because I think he'd be any good. More because I used to fanboy over him and the rest of the early 2010's Borussia Dortmund side.

This is probably why I'm not in charge of our recruitment.
Might be fantasizing here but I actually think Wilder might have him lined up as a signing... it makes complete sense.. 6 month deal, advertises himself for an EPL/european side next season

was thinking the same probably what all the argy bargy was about sunday night i dont think the board are prepared to invest any more money till summer i think their resigned to championship football next season

The HRH needs to put his hand in his pocket as we’ll still need a defender and at least a couple of midfields even in the champ. If we get them in now we still might have a chance.

The HRH needs to put his hand in his pocket as we’ll still need a defender and at least a couple of midfields even in the champ. If we get them in now we still might have a chance.
this seasons gone be more available in the summer midfield the priority

If funds are restricted and/or loans hard to secure, I would absolutely prioritise a midfield playmaker. JoC will be back next season and we have others who can do a defensive job in the Championship but, until we get some bite and creativity in central midfield, we aren’t going to see any improvement.

If funds are restricted and/or loans hard to secure, I would absolutely prioritise a midfield playmaker. JoC will be back next season and we have others who can do a defensive job in the Championship but, until we get some bite and creativity in central midfield, we aren’t going to see any improvement.
be interesting to see which players are ready to stay with us and fight to get us back up after this nightmare season 🤔

be interesting to see which players are ready to stay with us and fight to get us back up after this nightmare season 🤔
Most of them won't have any option but to stay after their form this season.

Even our better players haven't been that great, Egan has been horribly exposed for pace on a number of occasions, Baldocks attacking credentials look very shaky, Basham is the wrong age for a move to another Premier league team and JOC will have to prove hes over his injury.

None of the midfield are likely to attract offers (Lundstram aside as we know he's in a free), Berge has had a serious injury and is in the same boat as JOC and the rest have been terrible.

As for the forwards their dont score or are too old.

So I can see this squad being the one that tries to take us back up. The big question for me is can Fleck and Norwood rediscover their form a division down because if not next season could also be a disappointment

Most of them won't have any option but to stay after their form this season.

Even our better players haven't been that great, Egan has been horribly exposed for pace on a number of occasions, Baldocks attacking credentials look very shaky, Basham is the wrong age for a move to another Premier league team and JOC will have to prove hes over his injury.

None of the midfield are likely to attract offers (Lundstram aside as we know he's in a free), Berge has had a serious injury and is in the same boat as JOC and the rest have been terrible.

As for the forwards their dont score or are too old.

So I can see this squad being the one that tries to take us back up. The big question for me is can Fleck and Norwood rediscover their form a division down because if not next season could also be a disappointment
i think norwood will be moved on but fleck will hopefully find his form again at a lower level know your concerns regarding egan but if him and joc stay it will be the best partnership in the championship they wont be facing international class strikers every week big difference in quality between the premier league and championship

Problem is attracting Championship talent knowing that there's every chance we'll be relegated is a tough gig to sell to players to come unless they play for one of the teams that are nearer the bottom of the Championship with no chance of getting in the play offs. Even then, said players may want to stick it out to the summer and get a move to a PL club rather than us destined for the Championship. If we were in West Brom's position we may have had a greater appeal as they have that few more points than us and a better chance of staying up.

Why would anyone support throwing more money at this currently dire situation?

i think norwood will be moved on but fleck will hopefully find his form again at a lower level know your concerns regarding egan but if him and joc stay it will be the best partnership in the championship they wont be facing international class strikers every week big difference in quality between the premier league and championship
I honestly think Fleck’s number is up too. When he’s out the team for any length of time, it takes him far too long to get up to speed again.......We can’t afford that.
Yes maybe we should have gone for ready made replacements with Prem experience....But we didn’t. We chose to rebuild with youth and it didn’t pay off. But now we’re virtually relegated, it’s got to be youth all the way for me. The team and it’s young players have been caught in the headlights this season, but I feel they will really come into their own next season in the Championship.

I honestly think Fleck’s number is up too. When he’s out the team for any length of time, it takes him far too long to get up to speed again.......We can’t afford that.
Yes maybe we should have gone for ready made replacements with Prem experience....But we didn’t. We chose to rebuild with youth and it didn’t pay off. But now we’re virtually relegated, it’s got to be youth all the way for me. The team and it’s young players have been caught in the headlights this season, but I feel they will really come into their own next season in the Championship.
you maybe right it wouldnt be a major suprise if we started next season with a completly different midfield just praying its not this boring flat 3 tactic again

you maybe right it wouldnt be a major suprise if we started next season with a completly different midfield just praying its not this boring flat 3 tactic again
i feel a new formation may bring the element of surprise with most teams knowing now how to play against us. New formation, element of surprise, teams mythed and sufc on the way back up

I would have we would have atleast 1 before Newcastle as this is the most win-able prem game in jan

Been a discussion on SB this morning and when you look back, you realise we've bought shite for value for money.

Wilder was clearly only good at a bargain signing apart from Egan. (4m) Giving him a cheque book wasn't his best memory of being a blades legend.

Here's a few of top of my head (CBA listing all, but shows the point being made)

Millions -
Brewster
Berge
McBurnie
Robinson
Freeman
Burke
Mousset
Osborn

Bargains -
Baldock
Stevens
Norwood
Robinson
Fleck
Duffy
JOC

The 'bargains' all were at the club for at least 4 seasons each and all have been value for money. Where as half the 'millions' list have left quicker and been no good for resale or value for money.

Been a discussion on SB this morning and when you look back, you realise we've bought shite for value for money.

Wilder was clearly only good at a bargain signing apart from Egan. (4m) Giving him a cheque book wasn't his best memory of being a blades legend.

Here's a few of top of my head (CBA listing all, but shows the point being made)

Millions -
Brewster
Berge
McBurnie
Robinson
Freeman
Burke
Mousset
Osborn

Bargains -
Baldock
Stevens
Norwood
Robinson
Fleck
Duffy
JOC

The 'bargains' all were at the club for at least 4 seasons each and all have been value for money. Where as half the 'millions' list have left quicker and been no good for resale or value for money.
Do you not rate Anel ?

Millions -
Brewster
Berge
McBurnie
Robinson
Freeman
Burke
Mousset
Osborn

Bargains -
Baldock
Stevens
Norwood
Robinson
Fleck
Duffy
JOC

We finished 9th with those signings which earned the lub 200 million pounds

Millions -
Brewster
Berge
McBurnie
Robinson
Freeman
Burke
Mousset

Osborn

Bargains -
Baldock
Stevens
Norwood
Robinson
Fleck
Duffy
JOC

Robinson
Freeman
Burke
Mousset

* shivers *

We finished 9th with those signings which earned the lub 200 million pounds
Whilst you are right... when you look at our main solid 11 for most of that season it wasn't the millions that contributed much apart from upfront. It shows our transfer business was far better signing frees or bargains, not overpaid shite.

Henderson - Loan

Basham - Free
Egan - 4m
JOC - Under 1m

Baldock - Under 1m
Norwood - Under 2m
Fleck - Free
Lundstram - Under 1m
Stevens - Free

McGoldrick - Free
Mousset/McBurnie - 9m/20m

Whilst you are right... when you look at our main solid 11 for most of that season it wasn't the millions that contributed much apart from upfront. It shows our transfer business was far better signing frees or bargains, not overpaid shite.

Henderson - Loan

Basham - Free
Egan - 4m
JOC - Under 1m

Baldock - Under 1m
Norwood - Under 2m
Fleck - Free
Lundstram - Under 1m
Stevens - Free

McGoldrick - Free
Interesting that in our 2nd season, only Egan, Baldock, Basham and McGoldrick were near, or at, the same standard.

Henderson - Loan

Basham - Free
Egan - 4m
JOC - Under 1m

Baldock - Under 1m
Norwood - Under 2m
Fleck - Free
Lundstram - Under 1m
Stevens - Free

McGoldrick - Free
When you can't match the lowest wage payers in your league you are gambling on every signing you make and shopping from a limited pool

If you are suggesting that every signing should have been a success even though we had a far more successful season than our contemparies team I would suggest you are just looking for something to moan about as even our shittest signings from that period have contributed used to the last two seasons which for me have been far more enjoyable than the dull non descript seasons we had after previous relegations and I guess it just comes down to the old glass half empty debate

Millions -
Brewster
Berge
McBurnie
Robinson
Freeman
Burke
Mousset
Osborn

Bargains -
Baldock
Stevens
Norwood
Robinson
Fleck
Duffy
JOC

Most of them bargains where either bought in league 1 or on entering the championship for those respective leagues. He would not have been able to spend big at that time. On entering the premier league obviously he was going to spend bigger some of money, yes some of them did not live up to expectations but could you imagine the outcry on here if he would have bought 6-7 players at £500.000 to play in the premier league. Different times different markets so it’s a bit silly to compare

Back
Top Bottom