Are we going to stick with the present formation/system?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If he's in charge on Wednesday it'll be 5-3-2 as there's no time to work on anything else. Going forward though who knows, it's not possible to put a competent 11 out in any formation.

Personally I'd try to beef up the midfield but we just don't have any decent fit ones.

Longer term, yes. The inability to overhaul the squad in he necessary ways to change system (due to finances) is a key reason to bring back Wilder.

We might change in the short term to.get a few results. There's an argument that four at the back, packing the midfield and keeping some variant of two up top is our best short term option. I share that belief, although one striker with Hamer and Mcattee behind is something I'd be tempted to try.

That's my main question about what happens next with our new manager. We won't have any money to sign anyone in January, so changing tactics is one of the few cards we have left.

Personally, I would go with:

GK: Fotheringham
LB: Robinson
CB: Anel
CB: Trusty
RB: Baldock
CM: Hamer
CM: Souza
LM: Larouci
RM: Bogle
CF: McBurnie
ST: Archer

Whatever we're doing now clearly isn't working.
Larouci? I think you’ll be disappointed. When Wilder sees what we’ve seen he’ll be nowhere near the first team.

what system, we have one in name only, we don't carry out the 'system 'anyway

Larouci? I think you’ll be disappointed. When Wilder sees what we’ve seen he’ll be nowhere near the first team.

I knew I'd get some pushback for that suggestion, but I saw him at Fulham and he really did seem quite decent going forward and offers something a bit different when he doesn't have defensive responsibility.

In Wilder's first interview he hinted at a 'change in tactical approach' so we'll see!

I don't mean to be overly-dramatic but I think I've cooked up a very cunning plan which cannot fail.

Disclaimer - the following is a framework and the individual personnel will change. We need to define a way of playing that we can take into the championship to be a threat.

1701792808966.png

1701792841892.png

1701792893557.png

Just call me Pep Bladeiola. Wow I wish Pinchy was here to see this.

If he's in charge on Wednesday it'll be 5-3-2 as there's no time to work on anything else. Going forward though who knows, it's not possible to put a competent 11 out in any formation.

Personally I'd try to beef up the midfield but we just don't have any decent fit ones.
Do we have 5 fit defenders ?

I don't mean to be overly-dramatic but I think I've cooked up a very cunning plan which cannot fail.

Disclaimer - the following is a framework and the individual personnel will change. We need to define a way of playing that we can take into the championship to be a threat.

View attachment 175734

View attachment 175735

View attachment 175736

Just call me Pep Bladeiola. Wow I wish Pinchy was here to see this.

Very similar to how we set up tonight, great post.

And nice to see Wilder being tactically flexible and astute!

Although the 1st wilder era was mostly starting with the classic 5 2 1 2 that moved into the flat three in the premier it's not like he wouldn't ever change it up at times even then. I always thought that criticism of him was misplaced. We only stick with it so strictly as it was working most the time! It's not like he even came to the club with that as a normal set up

Yeah,we kept a good shape..541 tonight and made it hard for Villa to get through us or behind us...Wilder keeps tweaking things,and Hamer and Mcatee were good subs and got us into more forward areas,and great play by Hamer setting up Archer..pity it wasn't the winner

Impressed with CW changed us to a back 5 today.

First time he’s started that formation for us.

We now have plan A and Plan B and use the youth system.

We don’t just play Fleck Norwood

He’s literally nailed all our issues with him in 3 weeks.

Shown more flexibility and astuteness in a handful of games than he did for the entire of his final season with us

Back
Top Bottom