Tommy Doyle joins on season long loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think Hecky has said he wants to bring Coulibaly back gradually. Doyle for all his qualities turning into another of our perennial crocks. That left of midfield spotting turning into our achilles.

Just as Fleck is on his way back in, Doyle is crocked again.

Unbelievable really.

Coulibaly good be a god send, the way things are going.

Not worried in the slightest, coulibaly should start with osborn coming on at 60+ mins to see it out when he tires..

Fleck needed to warm a few ankles up, we've missed that edge a little in midfield..

Such a shame to have been unable to sign Lewis O'Brien in this transfer window, he'd have been the answer to a lot of questions.
To a lesser extent, I think Ben Pearson or Dan Barlaser could have added value to our XI too. They ended up at Stoke and Middlesbrough respectively.

Really hope Coulibaly does turn out to a proper player for us. I haven't been totally convinced by Tommy Doyle this season. He had a superb debut but hasn't really kicked on and is constantly injured. When he's played of late, I haven't seen a lot in there to tell me we should sign him permanently, regardless.
John Fleck will probably take an age to get back to a decent level of fitness and will likely leave at the end of the season. Ben Osborn has a lot of heart but lacks quality.
Big opportunity for Coulibaly to grab hold of it and make the shirt his own.

If anything costs us it will be this midfield position

Big well done to the Prince for not sorting shit out to enable just one signing. It could cost us an untold amount more

i would prefer to see Coulibaly start at home to Swansea than Osborn and then try and get Doyle back for the Middlesbrough game midweek, which will be a much sterner test.

Coulibaly looked decent but I’m reluctant to get too excited on the back of a reasonable performance at home against non league opponents.

It's going to be the same midfield against Boro as it will be on Saturday. Berge - Norwood - McAtee

McBurnie has to start v Boro but hopefully will v Swansea as well. Former club, he'll want to

A talented prospect but if we got up I would not want to sign him as we cannot afford a player who plays 2 them misses the next 4 through injury all the time.

Got such a good head on him, as well as being an excellent player, would love him in the prem for us next season, if we go up.

Quite rightly everyone is saying without Illy we don’t stand a chance, but this lad could be as important

A midfielder who can tackle, defend, pass, carry the ball and score will be vital

No one else like him in the squad
Berge is good carrying but doesn’t really tackle, Norwood can do a bit of everything but doesn’t have the energy that a 22yr old has
Illy is amazing but is a no10 and I would like to see him keep high up the pitch

One way or another if they aren’t talking stupid money £20m+ we need to find a way to make this happen

Be a loan if we can. But reckon we won't.
Got no money clearly.

We found money before when we never thought we would (Brewster, Berge) and I think we will again. I know financially it's different now with the ownership up in the air but this is as risk free a 'big spend' as we could hope for.

Would need more context to know whether or not it's risk-free. What value are you attributing to that, £8m? £15m?

Purely from a playing perspective, I couldn't confidently declare that Tommy Doyle is PL ready. Particularly in a team / system like ours.

I wasn't that impressed by him until March. He had injury issues and also let plenty of games pass him by.

If we're talking PL and we're still planning on playing with a 3, is Doyle the man to break up play in the middle?
Does he have the defensive nous and physicality for that role?
I like him a lot, but I'm not sure.

imagine a world of Berge, Slim Shady and Doyle. With McAtee and Iliman carrying the ball and Brewster deciding he’s with 26 million.

Back
Top Bottom