Time to sack Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Did he say “this football club” a million times? It’s his new “fine margins”.

At the end of the day he says stuff after every game but then the next week we go out and get pummelled by the opposition. I could talk a good game on tv but it doesn’t mean I’d be any good at managing “this football club”.
The players aren’t good enough. That’s it. The chances missed even today are incredible misses. And the defending, Christ. What can he actually do about it

He won’t get sacked. The cutting edge, next level thinking at BDTBL is that he rebuilt a team successfully before, so it’s virtually nailed on that it’ll happen again.

New ideas needed (and wanted imo) but we are where we are. I desperately hope I’m wrong but I fear we’re stuck in a cycle.

I will be asking Santa, Jesus, Allah, Buddha (and all the other magical made up cunts) for new ownership asap.

I’m quite the sinner though, so that’s probably a waste of fucking time.

Right then, I’ll just get pissed and moan about it all instead, I suppose.
Be careful citing Allah as you might have a squad of people turning up to your house shouting 'blasphemy'.

"The fans are amazing"... he says it so much now that it's actually becoming patronizing and honestly a bit offensive based on what we're given in return.
Pisses me off when the fans are actually shit and he says it (some home games, Liverpool away) but it's fair enough today.

Put your shoes down, and step away from the keyboard!!!

The players aren’t good enough. That’s it. The chances missed even today are incredible misses. And the defending, Christ. What can he actually do about it
Is there another team in the history of the PL who have looked so bad against so many teams?!

People get the arse on when we’re described as the ‘worst team ever’, if we aren’t then we shouldn’t be shipping 4’s and 5’s every week.

Is there another team in the history of the PL who have looked so bad against so many teams?!

People get the arse on when we’re described as the ‘worst team ever’, if we aren’t then we shouldn’t be shipping 4’s and 5’s every week.
I get your point but we’re factually not the worst team ever. Imagine getting less points than us this season

I want Wilder gone, he should never have come back his record didn't warrant it. He's shown that he's not got enough for the premier league and the championship (see Boro and Watford) whatever managerial magic he had disappeared in the pandemic.

However with Abdullah in charge, what's the point of replacing him? Would you trust the board to a) make a good appointment and b) support the new manager?

Sadly we are stuck in a death spiral until the root cause (Abdullah) is gone
At fucking last some sense 👍

I have just watched Wilder’s post match and I wouldn’t want anyone else in charge of the rebuild next season.

There’s not a manager out there who could’ve kept this side up after the way the club handled pre season and transfers. We all knew what was going to happen this season at 2pm on the first game of the season when Osborn and Basham made up 2 parts of our midfield 3, and Osula and Traore were our strikers, and our new midfielder Hamer couldn’t even play because we signed him too late.

Say what you want about wilder but he does an unbelievable track record regardless of if he’s a blade or not. I’m his biggest fan, but even I concede this is probably his last chance to still be considered a good manager. He’s well up for this rebuild and he looks like he’s obsessed with getting it right, he absolutely deserves a chance.
Up I just listened to the 8-minute interview and despite not being his biggest fan I felt inspired by what he was saying. I've felt we need a complete reset from top to bottom but after listening to that I'm not sure.

He's definitely gonna turf a lot of the dross out and I get the feeling he knows who he wants to bring in. I think he's disgusted with the attitude of the likes of Anel and Souza, he's gonna let the injury prone players go irrespective of who they are and bring some leaders in.

I think he deserves until Xmas to make this work

It's a hard one to call.

The situation was near impossible, and after the drubbings we had received, half of the squad were mentally destroyed by the time he came in.

I do think he has made us better in attack, but I also think his handling of the Fodderingham/Grbic situation has been disastrous and undoubtedly led to us losing even more games, more heavily than we should have.
Personally I think he deserves a chance to rebuild us with a full pre season and transfer window.

Get rid of mardy arse Anel, lazy twat Souza and some of the dead wood where we can to raise a few quid. Then get a couple of no nonsense CBs and sort the GK situation as a priority. If we can keep McBurnie and get Egan back up to speed then all to the good.

Add that to the likes of Robbo, Bogle, Ozzy, Blaster, Hamer, Brooks and Osula then I fancy us to put out a strong team. We also have the likes of Marsh waiting in the wings.

Anything is better than this fucking league anyway.
Osula can't hit a cows arse with a banjo 27 appearances NO GOALS. Same with that mardy gett jebberson,taking piss regarding signing contract just go.If your planing on those being the answer next session up front god help us

Up I just listened to the 8-minute interview and despite not being his biggest fan I felt inspired by what he was saying. I've felt we need a complete reset from top to bottom but after listening to that I'm not sure.

He's definitely gonna turf a lot of the dross out and I get the feeling he knows who he wants to bring in. I think he's disgusted with the attitude of the likes of Anel and Souza, he's gonna let the injury prone players go irrespective of who they are and bring some leaders in.

That's a fair comment to be honest,i also thought he seemed to know who he NEEDS to recute in his head and the type of player we respond too,chuck in a couple of flair,bums off seats types and maybe just maybe some on here may forgive him his front /backdoor clanger last time,myself included

Never wanted Wilder back in the first place, thanks for your first spell but it was obviously not going to work a second time around. It's also quite a United thing to do so sadly it wasn't too surprising that the club decided to re-hire him.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we're in the promotion picture next season no matter what wheeling and dealing he does in the summer. I'd just rather start afresh with a new manager altogether.
You cant judge any manager who came in this season, it was an impossible challenge. So let's see how he goes next season and go from there.

Osula can't hit a cows arse with a banjo 27 appearances NO GOALS. Same with that mardy gett jebberson,taking piss regarding signing contract just go.If your planing on those being the answer next session up front god help us

Obviously we need some more firepower and I didn't even mention Jebbison.

Know what you mean, but if there’s any doubts (and there are, even amongst his fans) what’s the point in taking a gamble, get someone in tomorrow, full window, bring in players to suit their style whilst we’re having a clear out, full preseason etc

Wilders no different to his last season here, Boro, Watford etc

Big advocate of the saying…
“If you can’t change the man, change the man”

Obviously we need some more firepower and I didn't even mention Jebbison.
I know bud, but he'll be in some people's thought's, he's spent more time on the tattooist couch than on the pitch,total waste of a wage, contribution Zero to the team playing silly bugger with Contract talks and thinks he's better then he is.I think Wilder with get shut

I genuinely hope that jebbo and osula come good, but I just haven’t seen any evidence at all that they are going to be half as good as some are making them out to be.

I read some utter nonsense (forget where but probably a link to the Star) that Jebbo was one of the most sought after young strikers in Europe and that the elite were watching and waiting to pounce. I mean WTAF?!

Some fans lap that shit up and fail to compute that neither have done sufficient to merit the over inflated opinions held by many.

I know bud, but he'll be in some people's thought's, he's spent more time on the tattooist couch than on the pitch,total waste of a wage, contribution Zero to the team playing silly bugger with Contract talks and thinks he's better then he is.I think Wilder with get shut

I agree. Not seen enough from him to justify keeping him if we can cash in.

Let’s wait and see. I believe there’s a clear plan in place and for the first time in a few seasons everyone is on the same page behind the scenes. We will get it right. Trust the process. UTB!!

Is that a cunning plan that no one knows about T Blade :). If everyones on the same page its likely to be stuck on the word reactive as is always the case. A pro active club isn't still looking for a new Head of Recruitment just shy of 2 months since the last one left. As we have found to our cost on previous occasions plans are good in theory but fall down in practice, some have to be rewritten in November as this next one maybe. Waiting to ship out resources before we replace them is the norm at SUFC as is continually repeating the same mistakes.

A pro active club comes out with a message apologising to the fans for relegation and at the same time has concluded all its contract negotiations for next season enabling them to announce the retained list before the seasons end. We won't do this and are likely to be still trying to get the best price for Anel and Souza in August meaning we once again start slowly. Symptomatic of everything SUFC is the snail pace approach to selling the Club and until that is concluded it is more of the same owd imo.

I don’t think anyone else can do any better whilst we have the Prince as owner, we need someone who knows the club and how shit the board is and be able to manage it, Wilder has done this before, we can over the last few games we have started well, get the defence sorted and build a spine again which a few of the young ones around and we’ll be top 6 next year. Getting rid of Wilder would be absolutely stupid, we need stability, when we have a change in owner then that maybe the time for a complete refresh of the club.

If he's going to let the injury prone players go then why is he trying to convince McBurnie to stay?

All of your post is bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom