Time to sack Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If I were Arblaster and knew that Wilder was in charge of planning our future, I’d be pushing to be off before it negatively affected my career. I wouldn’t blame any of our youngsters for wanting out at the moment.
Says more about you than Wilder that statement. All our youngsters have achieved nothing so far. They are all learning and in no position to be calling the odds. I have great hope for many of them, as hopefully they have more sense than you.

What’s his options? Look at the bench, look at the injuries. Norwood isn’t the reason we’ve been relegated.

No manager would be successful with this team, they’re terrible & their mentality is worse
Larouci? Put one of the youth lads in the squad and bring them on? How exactly could they do any worse?

If the manager can’t improve the mentality of the team they’re out of their depth and shouldn’t be in the job. If Wilder knew that the recruitment side of the club was broken - which, if it is, he’ll know from last time - why did he come back? He must have known he was on a hiding to nothing if that’s the case.

I don’t think the ownership have covered themselves in glory (and obviously it was the Prince who decided on the retrograde step of bringing Wilder back, despite everything), but some people seem happy to blame the Prince for everything from injuries to Wilder’s team selection to the quality of the pies at half time, whilst being happy to feel sorry for the guy who started the rot in the first place before running away with a nice big pay off. Apparently because he’s “one of us” he can do no wrong.

That huddle on the pitch after the final whistle.

“OK, the game’s gone lads, but we’ve spotted a Lidl on the road back to the A1 and they’ve got a reyt offer on San Miguel this week”.
Wetherby Whaler on the way back, couple of jars across the road whilst they’re getting 25 Cod and Chips ready.
That’s what a real leader of men would be planning 💪

If I were Arblaster and knew that Wilder was in charge of planning our future, I’d be pushing to be off before it negatively affected my career. I wouldn’t blame any of our youngsters for wanting out at the moment.
Is that Wilder who gave him his debut , made him team captain and has shown every faith in him.

Seems Blaster loves Wilder to me.

Hecky bombed him to League one.

Wilder made him captain and starts him every game.

I know who I would prefer 😂

Larouci? Put one of the youth lads in the squad and bring them on? How exactly could they do any worse?

If the manager can’t improve the mentality of the team they’re out of their depth and shouldn’t be in the job. If Wilder knew that the recruitment side of the club was broken - which, if it is, he’ll know from last time - why did he come back? He must have known he was on a hiding to nothing if that’s the case.

I don’t think the ownership have covered themselves in glory (and obviously it was the Prince who decided on the retrograde step of bringing Wilder back, despite everything), but some people seem happy to blame the Prince for everything from injuries to Wilder’s team selection to the quality of the pies at half time, whilst being happy to feel sorry for the guy who started the rot in the first place before running away with a nice big pay off. Apparently because he’s “one of us” he can do no wrong.
Return of the paperboys ?
In the top 10 most idiotic posts Ive ever seen on here.

Says more about you than Wilder that statement. All our youngsters have achieved nothing so far. They are all learning and in no position to be calling the odds. I have great hope for many of them, as hopefully they have more sense than you.
I have no problem with that opinion.

I personally don’t think it’s enough making Arblaster captain if you’re going to surround him with dross and play tactics that just lead to drubbings every week. I wouldn’t blame him in the slightest for wanting to play for someone more progressive.

Jeez, it the same on here every time we lose this season. I know it might be hard for some on here to comprehend, but......THE PLAYERS AREN'T FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH THIS SEASON.

That won't change until the summer. Then and only then can we start judging Wilder again. Fuck sake, Pep wouldn't have got a tune out of this lot this season. Each to your own, but I'm not even pissed off with today. We were going down in all probability after Boxing Day. The season is done, accept it, relax, don't get so worked up about it, and look forward to the summer. We mighty even recruit well. Obviously it's a very important summer and I think Wilder will get it right.

Oh, and for all the shouting on here by some, Wilder isn't going to get sacked at least until we are well into next season. Accept it, and your life might just be less stressful.

I personally don’t think it’s enough making Arblaster captain if you’re going to surround him with dross and play tactics that just lead to drubbings every week. I wouldn’t blame him in the slightest for wanting to play for someone more progressive.

Bringing him on is without doubt the only real positive for Wilders tenure this season. But how many of his bizarre selections, tactics and substitutions does it take to balance out that single success?

I dont think wilder is the problem. Hecky couldn't get a tune out of this team either.

We've gone down the paupers route, begged and borrowed the dregs of "premiership" players and signed championship players. We don't have players good enough to stay up, we can't and won't spend the money, whoever manages needs to get by rather than compete.

Although I can't forgive wilder or anyone else for getting Holgate on loan, he's a complete fraud of a footballer and belongs in Sunday league.

We sack wilder... then what?

Yes let's sack him and get someone with previous experience of getting promotion out of the championship, who knows the club inside out and has shown he can get a tune out of average players...... Wonder who that could be 🤔.

Stick with Wilder, let him put a team together and we'll go back up.

He shouldn’t have come back, there’s no denying that.

I 100% blame the ownership for this season though. Failed to prepare from the offset, sold our two best players a week before the season started. The team we had the first game was an embarrassment.

Laroucci is absolutely terrible, if you don’t rate Norwood then fair enough but like I said he’s not the reason we’ve been relegated & he’s been regularly fit/ has a lot of experience. If we had a fully fit squad & better options then Norwood wouldn’t be in the squad. We don’t so he is, I’d also have him in my squad under the circumstances as there’s no one else. Sticking the kids in to this environment could ruin their confidence. You can see that happening to Brooks already.

You’re mistaken that I’m a Wilder fan. I’m a realist and can see our squad and it’s absolutely awful. What’s happening every week isn’t surprising & that’s a lack of investment from the offset.

What actually does progressive mean? It's a nonsense term. We were very attacking today and could/should have scored many goals. I didn't want Wilder back. However, you have to be fair and today highlighted the gulf in quality in both boxes. To play very well and more than match Newcastle first half, only to be blown away, is testament to how good the standard of this league is.

Failed in both jobs he’s had since walking out on us the last time and then lands a Premier League job again.

He should have never got the job second time round in the first place, he’s no better than Hecky.

If there’s one thing you can lay at the Princes door for being totally his fault it was that decision. It made no sense however you look at it.

Yes let's sack him and get someone with previous experience of getting promotion out of the championship, who knows the club inside out and has shown he can get a tune out of average players...... Wonder who that could be 🤔.

Stick with Wilder, let him put a team together and we'll go back up.

Or Colin?

Okay so lets say your hypotheticly correct. We're skint as it is. So we have to pay him off which we probably can't afford to do. And then pay for another manager which we probably cant afford to do. So Why do that when wilder only signed a 18 month contract. Just keep him on for another season to save bit of money and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom