Time to sack Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It needs a brand new reset”

With the same bloke as manager. Okay…..
Someone has to create the reset.

Look you dislike Wilder you’ve been like this for many a year it’s fine.

He will be here for 2 seasons and we will probably have you moan for 2 seasons at every loss.

With the financial issues of last season I was under no illusion that we might stay up. Recruitment was crap and the team weren't up to having ago. We looked clueless. Hecky out Wilder in. BBD is at least an addition. Grbic and disaster and Holgate...not for me.

Player fitness being an issue is a non runner for me as an excuse. Hecky was praised for the training intensity after replacing Slav. Wilders previous term we had a very fit team. Wilder is in the seat long enough to have sorted it out.

What is obvious is that there has been very little improvement in organisation, defending, attacking play. Picking the team and substitutions have been an issue all through the season. The only highlight being Arblaster and Brooks getting a run. This ship is not going to be easy to turn around and I am not convinced that Wilder can do it without clearing everyone out. My fear is Brewster and McBurnie getting new contracts.

As someone pointed out earlier Robinson has been one of our better players. That is some reflection on what's happened at the club.

Someone has to create the reset.

Look you dislike Wilder you’ve been like this for many a year it’s fine.

He will be here for 2 seasons and we will probably have you moan for 2 seasons at every loss.
No. From him coming back and his performances, not even when he left. That was disappointing. Pointing out his subsequent failings with other clubs doesn’t mean l don’t like him, so stop making things up to pretend you have a valid point.

I want Wilder gone, he should never have come back his record didn't warrant it. He's shown that he's not got enough for the premier league and the championship (see Boro and Watford) whatever managerial magic he had disappeared in the pandemic.

However with Abdullah in charge, what's the point of replacing him? Would you trust the board to a) make a good appointment and b) support the new manager?

Sadly we are stuck in a death spiral until the root cause (Abdullah) is gone

But the players in that league are much of a muchness. The gap between our players and most of the premier league is immense. Man City against United or Leicester against Wednesday. Where's the biggest gap in quality?
That doesn’t excuse that he can’t get them motivated,improved,competitive,fit,a better football brain etc etc, we are conceding 4s,5s,6s and still there are excuses for him.

If I were Arblaster and knew that Wilder was in charge of planning our future, I’d be pushing to be off before it negatively affected my career. I wouldn’t blame any of our youngsters for wanting out at the moment.
He will shine next season - he is a talent playing in the PL week in week out. No offence meant, but look at McAtee - another awesome young lad who has to leave home every season to live somewhere new because he aint getting in that Man City team (he will be living again next season outside Manchester and Sheffield) ... Arblaster has just been named captain, had the love and respect to pass Robinson the arm band when he came on - he lives with his family and childhood friends ... he is happy - moving on would do nothing for him next season .. Let him grow into a Jagelka

No. From him coming back and his performances, not even when he left. That was disappointing. Pointing out his subsequent failings with other clubs doesn’t mean l don’t like him, so stop making things up to pretend you have a valid point.
That’s a hard read that 😂

We aren’t ever going to agree. You’re the painfully negative poster on here. So it’s not gonna be me to change your mind.

That’s a hard read that 😂

We aren’t ever going to agree. You’re the painfully negative poster on here. So it’s not gonna be me to change your mind.
It suggests you don’t tell lies.

I don’t believe either Wilder or our current owner are the men to take us further. For obvious reasons. Whereas you believe one is a reborn messiah. Based on exactly the same performances - and transfer dealings - that l’ve seen.

It suggests you don’t tell lies.

I don’t believe either Wilder or our current owner are the men to take us further. For obvious reasons. Whereas you believe one is a reborn messiah. Based on exactly the same performances - and transfer dealings - that l’ve seen.
How you’ve come to your conclusion is baffling.

But I maybe was clear with my last post as I’m not looking to continue this debate. No one going to change your mind so just carry on with the negativity. There’s no need to reply to this post mate. Enjoy your weekend.

Relegated, strapped for cash, squad needs a huge rebuild...

So let's waste a few million paying off Wilder's contract (again) and paying signing bonuses to get a new manager in.

Worked really well with Slav didn't it?

He has 1 year left on his contract. We will lose McAtee and Archer.
We will also no doubt lose Anel.

If he doesn’t sort the defence early in pre season I will see it has he’s done.

Progressive would be trying new things, rather than relying on the same things each time despite them consistently failing.

Thing is, he was progressive at one point. He pioneered a new way of playing and built a team that could follow his and Knill’s instructions and tactics to great success. Somehow he lost his mojo and became embittered, obsessive about weird “projects” (like rehabilitating the likes of Rodwell and Morrison) and prone to blaming everyone but himself.

I wish we could get Wilder mk1 back, but that ship has sailed and the new version is just not a very good manager sadly.
Is Rob Edwards just as bad for trying to rehabilitate Barkley?

When you're skint and building a team to stay up, you need to sign some players nobody wants but could step up. The choice is Slimani for a few mill and hope he can improve rapidly, or Rodwell/Morrison and hope they rediscover their ability.

I have just watched Wilder’s post match and I wouldn’t want anyone else in charge of the rebuild next season.

There’s not a manager out there who could’ve kept this side up after the way the club handled pre season and transfers. We all knew what was going to happen this season at 2pm on the first game of the season when Osborn and Basham made up 2 parts of our midfield 3, and Osula and Traore were our strikers, and our new midfielder Hamer couldn’t even play because we signed him too late.

Say what you want about wilder but he does an unbelievable track record regardless of if he’s a blade or not. I’m his biggest fan, but even I concede this is probably his last chance to still be considered a good manager. He’s well up for this rebuild and he looks like he’s obsessed with getting it right, he absolutely deserves a chance.

I have just watched Wilder’s post match and I wouldn’t want anyone else in charge of the rebuild next season.

There’s not a manager out there who could’ve kept this side up after the way the club handled pre season and transfers. We all knew what was going to happen this season at 2pm on the first game of the season when Osborn and Basham made up 2 parts of our midfield 3, and Osula and Traore were our strikers, and our new midfielder Hamer couldn’t even play because we signed him too late.

Say what you want about wilder but he does an unbelievable track record regardless of if he’s a blade or not. I’m his biggest fan, but even I concede this is probably his last chance to still be considered a good manager. He’s well up for this rebuild and he looks like he’s obsessed with getting it right, he absolutely deserves a chance.

Thanks Chris, have you pulled the coach up at a beer off yet?

He won’t get sacked. The cutting edge, next level thinking at BDTBL is that he rebuilt a team successfully before, so it’s virtually nailed on that it’ll happen again.

New ideas needed (and wanted imo) but we are where we are. I desperately hope I’m wrong but I fear we’re stuck in a cycle.

I will be asking Santa, Jesus, Allah, Buddha (and all the other magical made up cunts) for new ownership asap.

I’m quite the sinner though, so that’s probably a waste of fucking time.

Right then, I’ll just get pissed and moan about it all instead, I suppose.

Relegated, strapped for cash, squad needs a huge rebuild...

So let's waste a few million paying off Wilder's contract (again) and paying signing bonuses to get a new manager in.

Worked really well with Slav didn't it?
If we signed a contract with Wilder that didn’t have a break clause at the end of this season then we are worse at business than we’ve already proven.

Has anyone got a realistic suggestion who could replace him?

And that doesn't include the likes of Steve Cooper because no one of that calibre would be willing to work with this owner

Did he say “this football club” a million times? It’s his new “fine margins”.

At the end of the day he says stuff after every game but then the next week we go out and get pummelled by the opposition. I could talk a good game on tv but it doesn’t mean I’d be any good at managing “this football club”.

He will shine next season - he is a talent playing in the PL week in week out. No offence meant, but look at McAtee - another awesome young lad who has to leave home every season to live somewhere new because he aint getting in that Man City team (he will be living again next season outside Manchester and Sheffield) ... Arblaster has just been named captain, had the love and respect to pass Robinson the arm band when he came on - he lives with his family and childhood friends ... he is happy - moving on would do nothing for him next season .. Let him grow into a Jagelka
I’d like him to stay and to lead us to a prolonged period of success. That would be awesome.

In my last role, it became apparent that the leadership of the business from the CEO was lacking, meaning that the whole business was rudderless, lurching from one initiative to another which never actually stuck, whilst continuing to make the same mistakes from sales to production making our jobs more difficult, leading to burnout and the inevitable exodus of good people from the business.

When I handed my notice in, the CEO offered me a Head of Department role, with a more interesting portfolio and a pay rise. I turned it down because I didn’t believe in the leadership of the business and the lure of the role wasn’t enough to overcome those misgivings.

I see an analogy there with Arblaster. What’s the point in being captain of a sinking ship? If it’s going to affect your career, and potentially your mental and physical health, how long do you stick at it?

Like I say, selfishly I hope he does stay with us, and that we get new ownership and leadership with some dynamism and fresh ideas about how to succeed. But I wouldn’t blame him in the slightest for considering his future and deciding that it lies elsewhere.

Sadly the state the club is in, will always be a somewhat justifiable reason to excuse his inadequacies and any new owner would likely stick by him for a period too so I dont expect change soon.

Do I think hes to blame for our current situation, no.
Do I think anyone else could do any better, no.
Do I think Wilder is a good manager, not any more, no.

Did he say “this football club” a million times? It’s his new “fine margins”.

At the end of the day he says stuff after every game but then the next week we go out and get pummelled by the opposition. I could talk a good game on tv but it doesn’t mean I’d be any good at managing “this football club”.

"The fans are amazing"... he says it so much now that it's actually becoming patronizing and honestly a bit offensive based on what we're given in return.

What he said was..

We should have been 3 or 4 up at half time = He was correct

We have no leaders on pitch = He was correct

He'll get it right next season = I believe him

Him and Knilly are a good team - they know all the problems, they are football people- he deserves backing until Christmas.

All the doom mongers saying we will get relegated again , total bollox, first half today was great- I belive he's the right bloke get behind him and his team.

Back
Top Bottom