Time for Brewster?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolute nonsense you really do post some drivel.
He had at least 2 chances to put him clean through and then 1 to lay him up when the keeper had closed down his angle.
View attachment 121049View attachment 121053

View attachment 121047
Stills don't show the whole picture. If he bends his run to his left like good strikers do rather than going forward in a straight line bang in front of where the ball is Fleck easily slips him in, instead he just runs forward in a straight line and goes offside

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210915_070927_com.bskyb.fbscore.jpg
    Screenshot_20210915_070927_com.bskyb.fbscore.jpg
    597.2 KB · Views: 14

Stills don't show the whole picture. If he bends his run to his left like good strikers do rather than going forward in a straight line bang in front of where the ball is Fleck easily slips him in, instead he just runs forward in a straight line and goes offside
Nice double down. Stills don’t show the full picture, but they clearly slow he had at least two chances to put him clear through. Once Fleck doesn’t give him the ball then he’s offside because he should have been played in.
If he makes a bending run to the left, firstly he’ll be offside, secondly he’ll be bringing the covering defender right into Flecks path.
Great plan.

How about he makes the run he did, and Fleck plays him in when he’s clearly clean through.

Great anticipation running offside in front of Fleck as he breaks through making it impossible to get the ball to him 💩💩💩💩💩💩
I am glad someone else has mentioned this, I thought I was seeing things. He didn’t even peel off to take away a defender just ran in front of Fleck but 3 yards off side

I am glad someone else has mentioned this, I thought I was seeing things. He didn’t even peel off to take away a defender just ran in front of Fleck but 3 yards off side
You were seeing things. Where could he peel off to, stay onside, not cross Sharp’s run and take a defender (who’s no where near him to start with) away from Fleck?

Absolute nonsense you really do post some drivel.
He had at least 2 chances to put him clean through and then 1 to lay him up when the keeper had closed down his angle.
View attachment 121049View attachment 121053

View attachment 121047
Thanks for these.

I said at the time a first time through ball puts Brewster 1 on 1.

When he didn't, he shouldve drilled it hard and low into bottom corner instead of trying the chip.

One positive I will say though. This is showing Flecks confidence creeping back in.

Thanks for these.

I said at the time a first time through ball puts Brewster 1 on 1.

When he didn't, he shouldve drilled it hard and low into bottom corner instead of trying the chip.

One positive I will say though. This is showing Flecks confidence creeping back in.
Yeah, I'm sure last week he would have probably played the pass but he thought he could bury it.
There's even a diagonal on for Sharp, although he's got a covering defender much closer but he had 2-3 touches where he could have played Brewster clear, central and one on one.
I don't really mind that he took it himself, but he needs to score and put the game to bed, and for some to blame Brewster is just a horseshit take.
Ah well, onto Hull.

I would be surprised if Billy plays 90 mins three times in 7 days and i have a feeling Ndiaye won't be risked on the weekend.

Brewster will play an important part for us this season so let's just get behind him and not slag him off 🙂

Nice double down. Stills don’t show the full picture, but they clearly slow he had at least two chances to put him clear through. Once Fleck doesn’t give him the ball then he’s offside because he should have been played in.
If he makes a bending run to the left, firstly he’ll be offside, secondly he’ll be bringing the covering defender right into Flecks path.
Great plan.

How about he makes the run he did, and Fleck plays him in when he’s clearly clean through.

Runs to the left he gives Fleck more time to slip him through, the stills where you are suggesting Fleck puts him through the ball isn't even on flecks foot, and brewster is bang in front of the ball so it would have hit the back off his legs unless Fleck can curl a ball round him whilst running at full pace...

Brewster doesn't react quickly enough off the ball. He's on his heels constantly. He has no anticipation. He never makes runs to clear space for others. He's certainly not a centre forward.

He can most likely do a job wide. He looks ok in possession. Amazingly we are in dire trouble if BS gets injured.

Runs to the left he gives Fleck more time to slip him through, the stills where you are suggesting Fleck puts him through the ball isn't even on flecks foot, and brewster is bang in front of the ball so it would have hit the back off his legs unless Fleck can curl a ball round him whilst running at full pace...
Yes, I paused the still just after his touch because it highlights perfectly where he should have played him in but chose not to.
Look, it’s clear for anyone to see who has a modicum or football knowledge. I’ll leave you to argue the alternate.

Brewster if he works hard can become the new Jon Stead and thats not an insult a solid pro scoring double figures would sit well with alot of people. He has keep putting in the graft but I genuinely think coming from Liverpool and being around the England U21s setup doesn't help he thinks he is the next Mo Salah whilst at this rate he will do well to be the next Jonathan Forte. If he want to do well in this side he needs to keep grafting but when he gets an opportunity don't try anything fancy finish it off boost his confidence and more goals will come. If I was in a crossing position and had the chance of putting it in an area for Billy or Brewster at the moment there is only one target area and that's possibly why Fleck didn't play in Brewster in last night as due to his confidence being high he thought I have this and don't want to heap more pressure on the kid if he misses/fluffs either from a run through or what would be even worse an open goal. He needs to go back to basics think Championship not Champions League mentality.

Yes, I paused the still just after his touch because it highlights perfectly where he should have played him in but chose not to.
Look, it’s clear for anyone to see who has a modicum or football knowledge. I’ll leave you to argue the alternate.
I'll bow down to your superior football knowledge then pal, to be fair Alan shearer on match of the day always advises strikers to run three yards offside, directly in the line of the ball and just stop... so you might be right

I'll bow down to your superior football knowledge then pal, to be fair Alan shearer on match of the day always advises strikers to run three yards offside, directly in the line of the ball and just stop... so you might be right
Bro, Fleck could and should have played Brewster in. End of.

You were seeing things. Where could he peel off to, stay onside, not cross Sharp’s run and take a defender (who’s no where near him to start with) away from Fleck?
3A88E31C-C35A-4DF9-BA7E-2B02B520707F.png
the start of the move, straight in front in an off side position , could have moved left to ensure the defender running back on the left hand side couldn’t cut in.

2nd
still running in a straight line in front of fleck still offside so fleck can’t knock it forward to him.

3rd
At this point it’s too late really, he’s still off side.

4th picture

By this time he’s on side but Fleck is entitled to have a go as he’s done the hard work.

D7E6E84A-22CD-4538-BBF1-D6D585F30F6A.pngB281C26A-437B-4573-A3CD-EFC86E003FDF.png3A6EA172-8D6B-4001-88B3-413252D6D193.pngC1C6DEA4-4F4D-474C-A929-BF675F2F369B.png

Attachments

• 3F910D5A-FBC0-4042-82A7-FA1806BB1333.png
    3F910D5A-FBC0-4042-82A7-FA1806BB1333.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

View attachment 121061
the start of the move, straight in front in an off side position , could have moved left to ensure the defender running back on the left hand side couldn’t cut in.

2nd
still running in a straight line in front of fleck still offside so fleck can’t knock it forward to him.

3rd

4th picture

By this time he’s on side but Fleck is entitled to have a go as he’s done the hard work.

View attachment 121063View attachment 121064View attachment 121065View attachment 121066
Excuse the clumsiness as I’m not used to posting like this. However the point stands he ran , as another poster stated, in a straight line in front of Fleck but three yards offside.

Your desperation for Brewster to be rubbish is making you look very silly here.

He made an incisive run that wasn't utilised - Not his issue.

I fear he will never reach a standard anywhere near what we are expecting, he is training and learning off of one of the best in Billy, and didsy can teach him a thing or 2 , yet still he doesn't seem to get it, I would.love to be proved wrong. May e his training partner is Burke, which if it is God help is all

If we had an infinite number of Brewsters and an infinite number of goal scoring opportunities, then eventually one of the Brewsters would score one of the opportunities, although it may take a while.

However, we just have the one Brewster and so far he has failed to score a single league goal, in goodness knows how many appearances.

Fleck should have scored for sure, but does anyone think that Brewster would have, based on his record so far with us?

Excuse the clumsiness as I’m not used to posting like this. However the point stands he ran , as another poster stated, in a straight line in front of Fleck but three yards offside.
Brewster was onside when he made the run, Fleck chose not to release it (in his defense he may have thought Brewster was already offside as he was ahead in acres of space), the defenders held their line causing Brewster to end up offside.

This is a normal event that occurs multiple times in every game ever. Player A makes a run (onside), ball isn't released by player B, Player A then becomes offside. It's really not a difficult concept.

View attachment 121061

2nd

3rd

4th picture

View attachment 121063View attachment 121064View attachment 121065View attachment 121066
Billy makes the same run on the right hand side it’s to counter Preston shooting up and playing the offside trap. Effective if Brewster and billy slow or stop to come onside then Preston can shuffle over to crowd out fleck knowing the two strikers have removed themselves from the game effectively and a rapid breakaway becomes a slower move trying to unpick a set defence.

The ball to the strikers either has to come in the first instance when fleck is inside the centre circle and both are in space playing on the shoulder or later when both are unmarked for a tap in 8 yards out. Once fleck doesn’t release the ball early he makes the right decision to carry the ball forward forcing the Preston defence to once more account for billy and Brewster and try and track them as if they leave them completely they would be back onside when fleck gets level which he does pretty quickly.

Fleck makes the right decision to not release the ball early imo as it allows Brewster and billy to get into unmarked positions 8 yards from goal rather than having the harder job of receiving the ball 35 yards out still with a lot to do. He makes the wrong choice in not squaring it when the keeper is committed as it would’ve been a tap in and a certain goal.

Brewster was onside when he made the run, Fleck chose not to release it (in his defense he may have thought Brewster was already offside as he was ahead in acres of space), the defenders held their line causing Brewster to end up offside.

This is a normal event that occurs multiple times in every game ever. Player A makes a run (onside), ball isn't released by player B, Player A then becomes offside. It's really not a difficult concept.
I’ve posted the pictures so unless the camera angle is creating a problem it’s a pretty easy concept to see he is offside in every single one until Fleck is in the box? At which point he could square it but he also has the right to try and finish.

Billy makes the same run on the right hand side it’s to counter Preston shooting up and playing the offside trap. Effective if Brewster and billy slow or stop to come onside then Preston can shuffle over to crowd out fleck knowing the two strikers have removed themselves from the game effectively and a rapid breakaway becomes a slower move trying to unpick a set defence.

The ball to the strikers either has to come in the first instance when fleck is inside the centre circle and both are in space playing on the shoulder or later when both are unmarked for a tap in 8 yards out. Once fleck doesn’t release the ball early he makes the right decision to carry the ball forward forcing the Preston defence to once more account for billy and Brewster and try and track them as if they leave them completely they would be back inside when fleck gets level which he does pretty quickly.

Fleck makes the right decision to not release the ball early imo as it allows Brewster and billy to get into unmarked positions 8 yards from goal rather than having the harder job of receiving the ball 35 yards out still with a lot to do. He makes the wrong choice in not squaring it when the keeper is committed as it would’ve been a tap in and a certain goal.
Agree to an extent, Billy is on the right holding his position and occupying a defender , he’s offside initially but that doesn’t matter as I think he’s just trying to give Fleck space. My issue is Brewster doesn’t offer anything he neither makes himself an option as he’s offside nor does he take a defender away from Fleck. Yes at the end of the move Fleck could square it but he’s also entitled to have a go.

Agree to an extent, Billy is on the right holding his position and occupying a defender , he’s offside initially but that doesn’t matter as I think he’s just trying to give Fleck space. My issue is Brewster doesn’t offer anything he neither makes himself an option as he’s offside nor does he take a defender away from Fleck. Yes at the end of the move Fleck could square it but he’s also entitled to have a go.
Brewster makes the early dart as fleck is in the centre circle he’s the first option which fleck elects not to take after this he checks and drifts into a scoring position either as a later option or for the second phase should it bounce off the keeper he’s in prime position I’ve no issue with a striker doing this billy made his early career out of doing it finding space in the box and on this occasion Brewster does that. Fleck is entitled to take it on but if he does he has to score which he didn’t because the other options available to him are certain goals and with the game at 1-1 it arguably wasn’t the time for selfishness.

Correct, if Brewster runs to the left he gives Fleck three options 1/ go it alone down the middle 2/ slip it right to Sharp 3/ slip it left to Brewster all he did was get in the way meaning Flecks options are cut he should have scored mind.

View attachment 121061

2nd

3rd

4th picture

You've just screenshot the view once the opportunity to play him through has gone and he can't disappear, can't go left else he pulled the defender towards Fleck and they let him go anyway because he'll be way offside. If he goes right then he's into Sharp's run and his defender. He literally has nowhere to go once the pass isn't released. This is shown by your screenshots.

If we had an infinite number of Brewsters and an infinite number of goal scoring opportunities, then eventually one of the Brewsters would score one of the opportunities, although it may take a while.

However, we just have the one Brewster and so far he has failed to score a single league goal, in goodness knows how many appearances.

Fleck should have scored for sure, but does anyone think that Brewster would have, based on his record so far with us?
What is his XG and the XG of the separate chances we've created for him?

You've just screenshot the view once the opportunity to play him through has gone and he can't disappear, can't go left else he pulled the defender towards Fleck and they let him go anyway because he'll be way offside. If he goes right then he's into Sharp's run and his defender. He literally has nowhere to go once the pass isn't released. This is shown by your screenshots.
I disagree with that it’s literally a split second when the ball arrives at Flecks feet unexpectedly and you’re saying he should instinctively knock it forward straight away first time for the split second Brewster is on side? I mean it’s possible but most footballers would take a touch to control it and look up. As soon as he does that then Brewster should peel to the left and that is what the pictures show.

I disagree with that it’s literally a split second when the ball arrives at Flecks feet unexpectedly and you’re saying he should instinctively knock it forward straight away first time for the split second Brewster is on side? I mean it’s possible but most footballers would take a touch to control it and look up. As soon as he does that then Brewster should peel to the left and that is what the pictures show.
I think my screenshots show that he could play it first time, or even on his second forward touch, both captured above.
Once that opportunity has been lost (which is something that I've now seen several times when Brewster is in space) Brewster is then offside but has nowhere to go which won't impede Flecks run or take Sharp out the picture as a potential option.

If you're adamant that he should run left, where does the defender go, why would he follow him and ultimately nothing changes, apart from the fact he's not there for the pull back.

1631697092824.png

Back
Top Bottom