Team vs Fulham?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou

Loyal blade ⚔️
Reaction score
Wes

Anel Trusty Robinson

Bogle Souza Slimane Thomas

Hamer McAtee

McBurnie

Subs;
Davies
Sekiri
Basham
Larouci
Norwood
Davies
Brewster
Archer
Traore

Was tempted with Davies but I still think he won't be ready to start yet, him and Brewster ideally need to come on around 60 minutes.

I've not included the 10 injured/back on grass players who could be fit for Saturday?

----------------------Wes-----------------------
---------Bash------Anel---------JLT----------
Bogle---------------------------------Thomas
---------------Souza-----Davies-------------
----------Slimane------------McAtee--------
----------------------McB-----------------------

Subs:
Davies
Trusty
Larouce
Sariki
Norwood
Hamer
Traore
Archer
Brewster

-------------------Wes-------------------

Bogle Bash Anel Trusty Robbo

-------------------Souza----------------
-----Hamer----Slimane------Davies

------------------McBurnie----------

Bogle to get forward when he can, Robbo to play as a more orthodox full back.

McAtee to come on second half when Davies/Slimane tire.

Listening to talksport last night the commentator was talking about fulham playing the long cross to the back post but chelsea nullified this by playing a centre half at full back, i think united should do the same so for me id have 4 at the back - bash. Anel , trusty, robbo
Norwood, souza
Archer,Hamer, slimani
Mcburnie

I'd go with:

Wes

Baldock/Bogle Anel Trusty Robbo Thomas

Norwood
Hamer Souza

McB Brewster

We need to freshen it up.

Wes
Seriki (to cope with the pace of Ant Robinson), Anel, Trusty, Robbo, Thomas.
Slimane, Souza (needs to do more)
Hamer (just tell him to do whatever the fuck he wants) McAtee
McBurnie.

Archer, Brewster and Traore to come on against tiring legs if needed. Ream and the like looked very leggy last night so this could be an option? Norwood, Davies or Bash to be utilised in midfield when we need some fresh legs in there?

Wes

Anel Trusty Robinson

Bogle Souza Slimane Thomas

Hamer McAtee

McBurnie

Subs;
Davies
Sekiri
Basham
Larouci
Norwood
Davies
Brewster
Archer
Traore

Was tempted with Davies but I still think he won't be ready to start yet, him and Brewster ideally need to come on around 60 minutes.

I've not included the 10 injured/back on grass players who could be fit for Saturday?
Same - but switch Slimane and Hamer. Hamer is a DM by trade, Slimane is an AM by trade.

I don't see too many changes.

Cannot see Egan being fit though so that creates a quandary for defence.
So far hecky seems to opt for Basham over Trusty every time. Moving Anel to the middle.
I do wonder if Robinson could be a good fit for the central role?

In midfield it didn't have a good game overall last weekend.
Souza frustrates me, at times he looks pretty bad and other times offers strength and composure to move the ball on.

One thing that is for sure, the midfield aren't controlling possession well enough. We sometimes treat the ball like a hot potato, trying to force a ball through and invariably losing it. Norwood could potentially help here. Slimane also looked quite bright too.

Up top we aren't getting Archer in the game enough. He's struggling to hold up but then we are often blasting it at him and that's not his bag.

I feel like alot of our issues in possession are from gaps between defence-midfield-forwards. We need players to be offering themselves as an outlet more.

My guess it will be:
Wes,
Bogle, Basham, Anel, Robinson, Thomas
Hamer, Souza
McAtee
Archer, McBurnie

Think there is a slight chance of Slimane or Norwood coming in for McAtee...

I don't see too many changes.

Cannot see Egan being fit though so that creates a quandary for defence.
So far hecky seems to opt for Basham over Trusty every time. Moving Anel to the middle.
I do wonder if Robinson could be a good fit for the central role?

In midfield it didn't have a good game overall last weekend.
Souza frustrates me, at times he looks pretty bad and other times offers strength and composure to move the ball on.

One thing that is for sure, the midfield aren't controlling possession well enough. We sometimes treat the ball like a hot potato, trying to force a ball through and invariably losing it. Norwood could potentially help here. Slimane also looked quite bright too.

Up top we aren't getting Archer in the game enough. He's struggling to hold up but then we are often blasting it at him and that's not his bag.

I feel like alot of our issues in possession are from gaps between defence-midfield-forwards. We need players to be offering themselves as an outlet more.

My guess it will be:
Wes,
Bogle, Basham, Anel, Robinson, Thomas
Hamer, Souza
McAtee
Archer, McBurnie

Think there is a slight chance of Slimane or Norwood coming in for McAtee...
Away from home I don't think we can play with that front 3. Slimane/Davies/Norwood need to boost midfield up.

Biggest team we can do and bully them.

We know they are going to pass it and be neat and tidy we have to make it horrible.

-------------------Wes-------------------

Bogle Bash Anel Trusty Robbo

-------------------Souza----------------
-----Hamer----Slimane------Davies

------------------McBurnie----------

Bogle to get forward when he can, Robbo to play as a more orthodox full back.

McAtee to come on second half when Davies/Slimane tire.

This is a decent pick. Hecky has clearly been keen to include attacking footballers in the hope we find some rhythm with the ball. So far that’s just not happened*, and the defence has collapsed.

Therefore it’s dogs of war time for me. Experience, physicality, mentality are what we need. Let’s bring on McAtee when the opposition have an hour in their legs. No space between the defence and deep midfielders. Make it ugly for a while.

* Although bizarrely the first quarter vs Newcastle did show promise. 🕣💣💥

---------------Wes------------------
Bogle----Anel---Trusty----Thomas
--------Souza------Norwood------
--------------Hamer----------------
--McAtee--------------McBurnie--
-------------Archer-----------------

Archer’s the only striker with a goal to his name this season so ideally needs to be on the pitch.

Give Brewster some PomPoms and a skirt.

Sod it...

-------------Wes--------------

----Anel---Trusty---Robbo---

Bogle--Souza--Davies-Larouci

-----------McAtee-----------

-----Brewster---McBurnie----

Here's my tactical effort. We pick a side that looks very cautious. Marco Silva suspects we'd be happy with 0-0 at half time, especially as Archer is benched:

Wes
Anel - Trusty - Robbo
Bogle - Davies - Souza - Hamer - Thomas
McAtee
McBurnie
But actually we shape up to surprise Fulham, guns blazing. We're extremely front foot and terrorise them with our press, much like Chelsea did to them on Monday night. Fulham didn't stop trying to play it out even though they were really struggling and getting robbed time and again. We hopefully can get two goals up by 30mins, before actually dropping into quite a defensive setup (as above).

If they beat the press, Davies and Souza win the ball. If those defensive midfielders are beaten, then Robbo body slams someone.

So, start like this:

Wes
Anel - Trusty - Robbo - Thomas
Davies - Souza

Bogle - McAtee - Hamer
McBurnie​

We need 2 upfront, defend from the front as well with McAtee and Hamer just behind,
Wes
Bogle Anel, Trusty,Robbo,Thomas
Hamer, McAtee, Slimane
McBurnie, Archer

i think we have to start souza and davies together in midfield whether we play 3 or 4 at the back i would stick with archer but have mcburnie dropping a bit deeper to link up with midfield mcatee and brewster on the bench for me get both on for the last 20

Wes
Baldock-Bash-Trusty-Robbo-Thomas
Slimane-Souza-Hamer
Mcatee-Mcburnie

Back
Top Bottom