Team vs Gillingham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
Good opportunity for the likes of RND to get some match fitness with the benefit of a 2 week break straight after

So what's your team?

Players that could/should see game time;

Davies
Seriki
RND
Osborn
Larouci
Thomas (still not sent back yet?)
Brooks
Slimane
Brewster
Onè

I am impressed that you have managed to pick a side that has scored one goal this season between them (oh, and Slimane is at AFCON).

I am baffled as to why people want to see the Kean Bryan all stars.

We have no league game until 21 January. There is no need to rest anyone.

Let's play the best team we can, and try our best to win.

Slimane's away at AFCON, Thomas is going back so won't want to be cup tied, we want to ease back RND steadily so why risk him on an inferior pitch v cloggers, and finally, it's a chance to actually gain some confidence and score so why would we rest out strikers?

Go strong, gain confidence then rest up with the break. We need any confidence boost and momentum we can get.

I am impressed that you have managed to pick a side that has scored one goal this season between them (oh, and Slimane is at AFCON).

Plus Hamer, McAtee, Ahmedhodzic and McBurnie would go almost a whole month without any football. I’m going to be fuming if we’ve not got our best team out there, it’s not like we have anything else to play for anyway.

Fuck the cup.

A deep run would cripple our remotest 0.01% chance of staying up to absolutely zero.

All eyes focused on the league, nothing else is important.

I’d be tempted to give Osula 90 minutes to see if he can get a goal and start building some real confidence in front of goal. Outside of that I’d play our best most attacking 11 and push for a result

Agree. Let the players get some more time together, put into practice for 90 minutes what Chris and Alan are coaching them and hopefully get a morale boosting win.

I don’t remember last year’s cup run derailing our league form
Agree, this team needs to start winning, doesn't matter how, where or against who but I think a good run would help our league performances.

The Kean Bryan All Stars is fantastic.

Obviously we should play the best team we have nothing else to play for and even if you think we do, a defeat would completely destroy any confidence the squad has left.

Fuck the cup.

A deep run would cripple our remotest 0.01% chance of staying up to absolutely zero.

Bollocks to this.

We are down this year. Low on confidence. Likely to win less than 5 games between now and the seasons end. A few weeks until the next game.

Let’s play a full strength team at full throttle and try to absolutely hammer them.

Edit - your view is normally one I share *

Wes

Bogle Anel Trusty RND

McAtee Hamer Souza Brooks

Osula Brewster

Other than there is no reason on God's earth to be giving Brewster game time, this is much more like it.

I'd go for a strong team but would love to see the likes of ammisah given a chance
Perhaps even seriki , , buyabu and one involved too either from the bench or start
Would just love to see them in action in a competive game

Fuck the cup.

Nah. Prem only has 38 games. We can handle an FA Cup win alongside it.

Definitely want a strong team out. But slightly flexible on that as RND, Brewster etc need as many minutes as they can handle.

Davies

Anel Robinson Trusty

Bogle Hamer Souza Brooks Osborn

Brewster Osula

Strong enough to avoid an upset, with a low risk setup. Would like Osula to get his first goal. RND should get 30 mins, at LCB

Egan, Basham, Lowe, Thomas, Larouci, Slimane and Traore not for selection now then.
Can see a few young uns on bench possibly if some I've mentioned are carrying knocks.

Amissah

Anel Robinson Trusty

Bogle Hamer Souza Osborn

McAtee

Brewster Osula

Subs;
Wes
Baldock
RND
Fleck
Norwood
Coulibaly
Brooks
Archer
McBurnie

Davies

Anel Robinson Trusty

Bogle Hamer Souza Brooks Osborn

Brewster Osula

Strong enough to avoid an upset, with a low risk setup. Would like Osula to get his first goal. RND should get 30 mins, at LCB
Is Hamer one of the players that he says he will not risk ?

Is Hamer one of the players that he says he will not risk ?
Don't know. If it is the case then one of McAtee or Archer can start

Or maybe a last ever start for Fleck? That would be quite fitting at Gillingham away, where the journey under Wilder truly started

Genuinely not bothered about this. Would rather us get knocked out to be honest!

Would throw Fleck / Osborn in and some youngsters.

We fall over ourselves when we let players like Neal leave so let’s see what the current crop can do against a LG2 side.

I shall be placing a large bet on Gillingham knowing our propensity for fuck ups, playing a weakened team in the cup and requirement to rest better players.

Wilder has said in preview he’s going to play his strongest team but 2 or 3 of them that might’ve been in that aren’t going to be risked. I think McBurnie & Baldock have been carrying injuries so probably won’t feature.

Back
Top Bottom