Those with "advice" for Chris.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Genuine question.
I know you like to give your views on the current situation, on here, but if asked, would you share that advice face to face with Chris if given the opportunity?

Yes. I’d certainly ask the question why Jags at left centre back when there are old ladies that can move faster than him. So why isn’t he picking my Nan ahead of Jags instead.

Genuine question.
I know you like to give your views on the current situation, on here, but if asked, would you share that advice face to face with Chris if given the opportunity?
My question would be along the lines of would you value a 2nd opinion on anything football or are you content with the “my way or the highway” mantra currently adopted ?

Every day a school day 😉.

UTB

Seems a very stubborn man and his reasoning for any selection is, 'I see them every day in training,' consequently I imagine additional 'advice' would not be welcome. Now if he were to ask for help that would be a different matter.

This is actually a good question.
there are certain things (formation being the big one) that I think he is getting wrong. But I have zero experience of football management and have no idea what’s really going on in the club.

If CW came in to my place of work and started to tell me all the things he thinks I’m doing wrong I would ask him for his experience/qualification in my field and then politely tell him to mind his own.

Therefore no I wouldn’t say anything.

I'd knock him out for leading us to the worst ever PL start and steal his face Mission Impossible style so I could right his wrongs

Hi, Stegosaurus here

I would. I'm sure Chris would value my input. Especially when I tell him how I guided Dover Athletic to a top half finish in the Premier League in just 8 seasons on Football Manager.

He'll know a tactical genius when he sees one.

Think youd be better having a chat with Tony your manager
He deffo needs some help

Genuine question.

Depends on the context. I wouldn't shout it across a room at him, or hassle him in a pub.

If I found myself in his company and he was comfortable talking about it then I probably would. Why not?
He's just a bloke like you, or I. He's obviously far more qualified than any of us, but managers do get things wrong and sometimes a bit of observation from outside can help provide some wider perspective.

To be honest though, if I were Wilder's mate right now I'd probably just be checking in on his mental state rather than bothering him about formation tweaks.
Lockdown has been really tough on a lot of people and he genuinely seems to be suffering. He doesn't seem the same bloke.

Think youd be better having a chat with Tony your manager
He deffo needs some help

Hi, Stegosaurus here,

The manger of my soccer team is named Chris. Easy mistake to make.

Remember it cos Chris rhymes with pish, as in, we are playing pish.

I wouldn't ever presume to give the great man advice, but I would probably, maybe ask (as diplomatically as possible) why we suddenly look (and sound) so afraid of everyone.

Why not? Do you think he'd want to fight?
“Evening Chris”

“Alright mate”

“Whats bloody going on this season?”

“Few things mate, if we keep going we’ll be alright. It’ll turn”

“I dunno, I wouldn’t mind seeing a number 10 again, do you not think that’s workable in the prem?”

“You want a number 10 do ya? You fucking cunt. You fucking insufferable prick. You twat. I’ll give you a fucking 10 count, how’s about that?”

My question would be, "Chris, despite having a team that plays great football to watch and has been successful in producing results when playing that style, why do you feel the need every season to revert to a big man and play long ball football which is clearly to the detriment of the team?".

Many of us didn't like it with Hanson and Madine but we got promoted with both so were happy to shrug it off. This persistence with McBurnie is just causing me disillusionment now though.

I’d break the ice with a bit of banter “ you drink shit larger, Wednesday are wank, how tight are Farke underpants for him to talk like that” etc Then hit him with the big question, “when the fans are back, which door are you walking out of? You might not get out of front as there’s a thousand sandal wofters on this forum who will be waiting for you in car park”

Hi, Stegosaurus here,

The manger of my soccer team is named Chris. Easy mistake to make.

Remember it cos Chris rhymes with pish, as in, we are playing pish.
Trish rhymes with pish. Chris rhymes with kiss.

I bet he gets advice all the time,he knows what the crack is.

I would ask him,are you sticking with your guns if so come what may sink or swim.

I'd just ask why not pass it on the deck, as hitting into the sky and hoping mcburnie controls it, knocks it forward and runs onto his own pass to score is a bit of a tough ask in this division..

Were going down with the dinasaur hoof to oli mc burnie. We've nothing to lose now..

If he says once more “we didn’t want to turn it into a basketball game” after another defeat against Man Utd..............I’d challenge him to a fist fight.
11 men behind the ball ain’t gonna win games of football against anybody.

I'd just ask why not pass it on the deck, as hitting into the sky and hoping mcburnie controls it, knocks it forward and runs onto his own pass to score is a bit of a tough ask in this division..

Were going down with the dinasaur hoof to oli mc burnie. We've nothing to lose now..
its baffling whats happened to chris this season he must know that the current tactics are not gonna win us games in this division personally think hes given up and accepted relegation and a campaign in the championship next season joc has been the crucial blow for us without the stability of a settled defence our wing backs are not getting high enough up the pitch to give our midfield more options were just playing 532 every game

its baffling whats happened to chris this season he must know that the current tactics are not gonna win us games in this division personally think hes given up and accepted relegation and a campaign in the championship next season joc has been the crucial blow for us without the stability of a settled defence our wing backs are not getting high enough up the pitch to give our midfield more options were just playing 532 every game

I think we're nailed on already BTW.. So let's not look like a set of longball twats on the way down.. The rough and tumble of Fashanu, Dublin and Deane in this day and age only brings free kicks, loss of possession, and yellow cards.. Thought we'd moved on from all that..

It's like Scottys beamed Wilder up by mistake and captain kirk's in the dug out.

Back
Top Bottom