This Chinese Investment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sorry is "Chinaman" racist these days? If so, what do we use instead? I really have nothing against our yellow friends :)

According to Chinese folklore they were the ideal representation of the human race. The great baker in the sky tried his first specimen and it was over-burnt, hence Africans, the second attempt was underdone, hence (mainly) Europeans, finally, with the temperature re-set, the 'perfect' outcome were the Chinese...at least that was the story I was told by a Chinese kid at school.

Only if you'd typed " lacist " after it.

Chinese?

chinabob.jpg

That's right, kids...silly season is officially BACK!

:D

Not the most 'Chinese sounding' name I've ever heard, but there we are.

If there is any truth in that then it sounds like bad news. Somebody posted an article a while back where investors were buying clubs just for the land the ground was on and no real interest in the club.

If there is any truth in that then it sounds like bad news. Somebody posted an article a while back where investors were buying clubs just for the land the ground was on and no real interest in the club.

But the ground isn't owned by the club - it's owned by McCabe. I've heard people claim this is so the Ground stays as it is if McCabe wanted to walk away; he's protecting the history.

But the ground isn't owned by the club - it's owned by McCabe. I've heard people claim this is so the Ground stays as it is if McCabe wanted to walk away; he's protecting the history.
Is that the freehold? Beighton?

Isn't he saying mike blundell told him?

Yup. Mike Blundell owns or owned Blundells Estate Agents naturally. He was a director at one time, may still be one, I don't know and can't be arsed to google it.

He's not Chinese though, unlike Dave.

that made me lol :D

2 + 2 I'm getting 48

What's Mike Blundell an estate agent who wants SUFC got to do with the Chinese bloke?

Alarm bells! Alarm bells! Anyone thinking that some Chinese bloke who's building China town wants Utd.................so he can flatten it? :eek:

It's a fella called jerry Cheug that's ploughing money into Sheffields china town, he's based in Sheffield but has investment from china.. not heard that he wants to buy or invest in dem blades though.

It's a fella called jerry Cheug that's ploughing money into Sheffields china town, he's based in Sheffield but has investment from china.. not heard that he wants to buy or invest in dem blades though.

Cheung is MD of New Era Development and not the Huadong Construction Group then who are involved with sponsorship at the club?

Yup. Mike Blundell owns or owned Blundells Estate Agents naturally. He was a director at one time, may still be one, I don't know and can't be arsed to google it.

He's not Chinese though, unlike Dave.

Aye Blundell was part of the board around the McDonald era. He's certainly not a billionare and he's probably not as wealthy as McCabe but that is just my guesswork. Maybe somewhere in all this there is some truth of investment but who knows and I doubt the Prince and Kevin would want to sell the club anyway, especially given the recent upturn. McCabe's got his critics but I'd still much rather McCabe than a foreign owner who you just don't know how it will pan out. McCabe's done a decent job overall in my view.

His name is all over the South stand, he's getting closer and just last week sent over his representatives:

View attachment 26838

What choo talking about Willis? :)

What's appertaining then? How's it gonna work when our two owners are now enthusiastic in taking us forward. Where do the Chinese come into this?

Perhaps potential plays a part?

Looking at the Championship, without checking the facts, I'm guessing we probably the top 10 for attendance averages. Add to that most of those clubs that have a higher attendance average have already been bought. Derby, Hull, Leeds and the pigs being 4 clubs at a glance. Boro and Gibson probably wouldn't sell. Don't know the situation with regards to Brighton. Cardiff have been taken over. Ipswich? Wolves? Burnley?

Burnley don't need to sell.

Read somewhere that they are the 5th most successful club in Europe based on income against spend.

They are now rich.

Just imagine if Blackwell didn't have the reins that fateful day?

There could be an International embarrassment if Lawrence Lewellyn-Bowen is brought in to do the interiors. #awkward

Mike Blundell is one of our Vice Presidents and likes a gossip. ☺
He was once on the board, he once owned Blundells but sold out to a national chain.
Still keeps his hand in at the Dronfield office of Blundells last I knew.
If it's come from him, summat maybe in it.
Told me Ched was coming back to us 3 years ago.

Hmmm, loaded foreign owners can go one of two ways, brilliant or absolutely disastrous. I'd be wary of selling to the Chinese but if it means we get rid of the McCabe's, it'd happily take the risk.

Serious?

Look toward the owner of Beijing construction...................

that made me lol :D

2 + 2 I'm getting 48

What's Mike Blundell an estate agent who wants SUFC got to do with the Chinese bloke?

Alarm bells! Alarm bells! Anyone thinking that some Chinese bloke who's building China town wants Utd.................so he can flatten it? :eek:

Surely the Chinese bloke wouldn't buy the whole club if he only wanted the Lane?

If he came in with a decent offer, I wouldn't be surprised if McCabe/Prince took it.

Surely the Chinese bloke wouldn't buy the whole club if he only wanted the Lane?

If he came in with a decent offer, I wouldn't be surprised if McCabe/Prince took it.

Who knows what these sorts are up to. Nowt surprises me these days

I would assume that McCabe would look for assurances/guarantees that the Lane is protected

Who knows what these sorts are up to. Nowt surprises me these days

I would assume that McCabe would look for assurances/guarantees that the Lane is protected

My thinking is that if McCabe can get a decent offer for the lane, get some cheap land on the outskirts of the city, build the new stadium along with the usual retail, hotel etc. it could happen.

I'd be surprised if it did happen but not massively surprised if a businessman takes the opportunity to make a load of money.

My thinking is that if McCabe can get a decent offer for the lane, get some cheap land on the outskirts of the city, build the new stadium along with the usual retail, hotel etc. it could happen.

I'd be surprised if it did happen but not massively surprised if a businessman takes the opportunity to make a load of money.

I know McCabe is a businessman but he is also a Blade, I can't see him allowing BDTBL to be anything but BDTBL

Back
Top Bottom