This Chinese Investment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"The chips last night I bought tasted wubbery"
"Ahh, vewy good,fwank you vewy much Sir, You wann more chip tonigh?"

Can't beat a humour with a slight slant towards casual racism...

It's a joke. I have lots of Chinky mates.

Yeh, Mee Chew have many Chinese fiends on interwezybob I help them with money twansfwers.

We're the chips rubbery or lovely, reading your post again it's hard to tell.

Slightly racist but you've got to love em providing all those jobs for poor kids

There was talk of Chinese investment.

What they didn't tell you was it was Wai Hong takeaway on London road, and they're putting a small ad in the match day programme.

Anyone noticed those black and gold ad hoardings in the ground with Chinese writing and the word 'Hualing'?

Wonder if it's a company belonging to this potential Chinese investor, am just putting 2 and 2 together like.

Anyone noticed those black and gold ad hoardings in the ground with Chinese writing and the word 'Hualing'?

Wonder if it's a company belonging to this potential Chinese investor, am just putting 2 and 2 together like.

You mean the commercial partner: http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/sheffield-united-hualing-group-3162423.aspx

All seem to be linked to the investment in Sheffield: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d4e77252-4e6b-11e6-88c5-db83e98a590a.html

Not read the thread but isn't that big tower under construction opposite the lane some kind of Chinese led thing?

Further to that, im currently at Leeds Bradford airport about to board and fly to Portugal. I was sat next to a Chinese guy and started asking him about this investment and if he knew "Dave"

I spent 30 minutes talking about how investment would be really good for us and slagging George long off for him to turn around and say "im Japanese"

Ffs.

Further to that, im currently at Leeds Bradford airport about to board and fly to Portugal. I was sat next to a Chinese guy and started asking him about this investment and if he knew "Dave"

I spent 30 minutes talking about how investment would be really good for us and slagging George long off for him to turn around and say "im Japanese"

Ffs.
Did he say it in English?

Ffs.

When I was a kid you only got nutters on the bus.

James Sheild writing some clickbait today hinting that more Chinese cash could be coming our way.

James Shield’s Sheffield United Column: Where will Chinese partnerships lead at Bramall Lane?

Visitors to Bramall Lane will have noticed that, earlier this summer, the famous old stadium got a brand new look.

Gone were the posters bidding supporters welcome with banners advertising The Hualing Group, a major conglomerate from Ürümqi in northwest China, emblazoned across the walls of the South Stand instead.

Sheffield United co-owner Kevin McCabe with Xin Yang, president of Beijing-based BCEG International. Sheffield United co-owner Kevin McCabe with Xin Yang, president of Beijing-based BCEG International. Few people will have been surprised. After all, a delegation from Sheffield United had visited the city, recognised by the Guinness Book of Records as being the most landlocked in the world, 12 months earlier. But I wonder if this makeover is merely part of a run-of-the-mill sponsorship agreement or is the first step towards something potentially much more lucrative.

United and China go back a long, long way. Kevin McCabe, co-owner of the League One club, has done plenty of business in the People’s Republic and was surely the driving force behind Sheffield’s decision to enter a twinning arrangement with Chengdu. The capital of Sichuan province, 1279 miles away from Ürümqi, was also the home of Chengdu Blades, one of several foreign ‘sister’ clubs United acquired at the time, before being sold. In 2009, they also opened a youth academy there with Britain’s deputy consul-general, Bora Milutinovic and even a former world gymnastics champion all on hand to inject some extra razzmatazz.

Chinese money has been flooding into English football for the past few months while, closer to home, major infrastructure projects in the city are also being funded by hitherto unknown companies including, of course, The Hualing Group. Liverpool and Leeds are rumoured to be next on the Middle Kingdom’s hit list. Intriguingly, just like Sheffield, they also lie on the proposed HS2 rail route which is known to interest Chinese investors. The same goes for Aston Villa, Wolverhampton Wanderers and West Bromwich Albion who have been acquired by the Beijing based Recon Group, Fosun International from Shanghai and Guangzhou Entrepreneur Guochuan Lai in recent months.

Last month, it was announced that Liverpool City Region had signed a memorandum of understanding agreement with Inner Mongolia. Hohhot, located in the Chinese autonomous region, is set to become the country’s first ‘football city’ in a national programme, directed by President Xi, that aims to create 20,000 football schools. Sheffield Council has also forged strong links with China in recent years. Sheffield Council has also forged strong links with China in recent years. Bai Xiangqun, Inner Mongolia’s vice-governor, said Liverpool has “strong heritage and great experience in this area” when the deal was confirmed. Sheffield, home of the world’s oldest club, the oldest ground and, as United followers know, the first place ever to stage a floodlit match, has plenty of both too. Eleven years after Bramall Lane made its play for China, I wonder if China will soon contemplate some sort of play for Bramall Lane.

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...e-partnerships-lead-at-bramall-lane-1-8180131

Golden Dragon have had a bumper year, pretty sure they can afford the 50p stake to buy out the Saudi Prince.

So Shields lists about 20 places that the Chinese are looking to invest in and talks about their interest in HS2 but still peddles the line that their interest in Sheffield is down to KM.

If the Chinese bought us, we'd be playing at Don Valley before you could order fried rice. Bramall Lane would be ideally located for the new China Town expansion... Be careful what you wish for.

Could happen, unless it was written into an agreement that BDTBL would remain as the home of SUFC, so no silly ideas about moving to another ground. I can't think of a better placed location, with room for expansion and whatever other facilities might be required, than t'Lane.

Back
Top Bottom