This Chinese Investment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good evening stringjunior after what I think might be one of the most interesting social weekends in a while bro..(!) I've hurried back with the promised Intel... Only this time I have to protect some confidences, because Chinese Dave is a real person...(who said he wasn't I here you cry!) Anyway Scarborough are in talks with a Chinese 'state sponsored' Industrial Conglomerate (Ive had sight of the name), they are a Beijing based, Fortune 500 company with huge turnover as one might imagine... What progress at this stage with Scarborough remains to be seen (I'm on it..) ...⚔

Oooooh, juicy!

'til Kev lets slip that we're actually a mid-table third division club and then they really will think he's having a laff.

Here's a list of the 500, stating which ones are Beijing-based. The list is from 2015, but as of 2014, 52 of the 500 were Beijing-based.

Let the games begin!

http://fortune.com/global500/

Didn't Kev get us some Game Changing Investment 2 years ago?

While we're about it what happened to that Nigerian who was gonna make us millions

What a fucking laughing stock we are.

Oooooh, juicy!

'til Kev lets slip that we're actually a mid-table third division club and then they really will think he's having a laff.

Here's a list of the 500, stating which ones are Beijing-based. The list is from 2015, but as of 2014, 52 of the 500 were Beijing-based.

Let the games begin!

http://fortune.com/global500/

it's more likely to be that firework place at the bottom of London Rd

Didn't Kev get us some Game Changing Investment 2 years ago?

While we're about it what happened to that Nigerian who was gonna make us millions

What a fucking laughing stock we are.

Jacob Esan. Who's Plc was in the process of being struck off at Companies House when we appointed him as a Director?

Jacob Esan. Who's Plc was in the process of being struck off at Companies House when we appointed him as a Director?

Yes that waste of fucking space that presumably got hold of mcabes email address and got him to fall for one of them Nigerian scams.

Wasn't there a Nigerian guy a while back supposed to be doing something? I can't remember his name, but he also got introduced at a Sheffield Steelers game. Probably an elaborate version of one of those dodgy e-mails and he just wanted to score some tickets for the footy and Ice Hockey ;)

Wasn't there a Nigerian guy a while back supposed to be doing something? I can't remember his name, but he also got introduced at a Sheffield Steelers game. Probably an elaborate version of one of those dodgy e-mails and he just wanted to score some tickets for the footy and Ice Hockey ;)

You mean this guy?

I am sure McCabe got wired the monies eventually.

You mean this guy?

I am sure McCabe got wired the monies eventually.

it might as well have been! It explains a lot, the Game Changing Investment got a bit lost in translation, the "millions" were Ugandan Dollars as opposed to pounds ;)

We're so desperate we'd consider Martians taking us over...

I know the chances of an interstellar consortium are quite a long shot, but if it were to happen then you can bet that the Martian leader would quickly announce his intentions to have a sex change, he/she would most likely have a massive unpaid space tax bill, and in effect have no "space cash" when all the facts finally started to emerge......

I actually think it will be a sad day when we finally end up under 100% foreign ownership
It's coming at some point Grappler. The football landscape has changed so much since I first started watching. Some of it for the better it has to be said, but the bigger picture just leaves me feeling a bit empty.

Magic beans three pound, get yer magic beans, magic beans three pound......

It's coming at some point Grappler. The football landscape has changed so much since I first started watching. Some of it for the better it has to be said, but the bigger picture just leaves me feeling a bit empty.

I know mate, it's just the way of football, you need billionaires these days, and we don't seem to have any in the UK who are Blades fans.

We're so desperate we'd consider Martians taking us over...

I know the chances of an interstellar consortium are quite a long shot, but if it were to happen then you can bet that the Martian leader would quickly announce his intentions to have a sex change, he/she would most likely have a massive unpaid space tax bill, and in effect have no "space cash" when all the facts finally started to emerge......

This will be on VIP Blades as fact by tonight, guaranteed :)

If you read the thread...... :)

I actually think it will be a sad day when we finally end up under 100% foreign ownership

It depends how it happens, doesn't it? It's the luck of the draw. You can get Man City's oil money or Blackburn's chicken money. Could be Leicester or Forest. Liverpool or Orient.

Either way, that's just how it is these days. It has to be embraced if you want your club to compete, and a club like ours really needs to be competing.

Either way, that's just how it is these days. It has to be embraced if you want your club to compete, and a club like ours really needs to be competing.

Are there no rich Brits?

Are there no rich Brits?

McCabe wants to sell, and I am sure if there was a rich Sheffield United fan, who could afford us, he would have bought us. As others have said, it's foreign money now.

Are there no rich Brits?

Of course there are. We have one part-owning us. But for whatever reason, it's mainly foreign money funding English football clubs these days.

I wouldn't give a fuck if our owners were English, Chinese or from Jupiter. If they're pumping the dosh in and not fucking the club up, I'm happy. I get the anger against the way football has gone over the past decade or so, but I don't get the angst against foreign ownership if it's done right. Money is money.

Back
Top Bottom