This Chinese Investment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know McCabe is a businessman but he is also a Blade, I can't see him allowing BDTBL to be anything but BDTBL

Like I say I'd be surprised, but in football who knows, anything can happen.

Lots more developments in the pipeline around Bramall Lane/St Mary's Gate, other than the ones already under construction/announced. The value of the ground's land will continue to increase, however I cannot see it being sold. There's still large swathes closer to the centre that will be developed well before Bramall Lane even enters the question.

It'd be more likely to be investment rather than a takeover in my view. Very welcome of course

Very much doubt there's anything in this. Why would McCabe and HRH sell now as they'd get a negative return on their investment?

Since HRH came in and the new Board was formed, Mike Blundell and the other VPs don't get anywhere near the Boardroom discussions.

There is always the possibility of a leak but I'd imagine if the story has come come Blundell it is part of a bid to get his money back out of the club - something certain other VPs were struggling to achieve.

If this Chinese investment is going to boost land prices in the immediate area surely McCabe will play the long game rather than sell out now?

Anyway, until Chinese Metalblade throws his hat into the ring with Chinese Dave I'm keeping my powder dry.

Very much doubt there's anything in this. Why would McCabe and HRH sell now as they'd get a negative return on their investment?

Since HRH came in and the new Board was formed, Mike Blundell and the other VPs don't get anywhere near the Boardroom discussions.

There is always the possibility of a leak but I'd imagine if the story has come come Blundell it is part of a bid to get his money back out of the club - something certain other VPs were struggling to achieve.

Mother than shares do they have any money in the club? And by "club" which company do you mean?

Mother than shares do they have any money in the club? And by "club" which company do you mean?

No idea which entity their money is in - all I know is several others had great difficultly extracting their investments when they wanted to.

Kev & the Prince will have tied things up with a JV. I think potentially to do anything further with a third party would be complicated as someone who have to buy out half but still commit to / match the same level of investment. I doubt they'd want to dispose outright unless both parties are absolutely determined to sell.

True mate, but I really don't see it

I don't know KM very well at all; but well enough to know that won't happen unless and until it's in the best interests of the club. For now, it's not even close to the agenda, still less up for discussion.

Milan just got taken over

1600.jpg

Would anyone be surprised if it turns out that Sheffield City Council have ballsed up somewhere?

'If something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is...'

Yep, can't argue with that. We should have known that anything as good as a1billion investment just doesn't happen to this city, without some predictable level of bullshit being involved.

Would anyone be surprised if it turns out that Sheffield City Council have ballsed up somewhere?
Sheffield Shitty Council f****d it up again

Amazing the people in charge can be so easily hoodwinked again. Doesn't bode well for devolution they'll blow all the money on improving swillsborough :mad:

Quality journalism, that artice. Shame it appeared in the Asia Times and not our local paper of record.

Yes, how amazing that the Asia Times has more knowledge of the Sichuan Guodong Construction Group, and sources from Chengdu, than the local in Sheffield. Can't get my head around it

Yes, how amazing that the Asia Times has more knowledge of the Sichuan Guodong Construction Group, and sources from Chengdu, than the local in Sheffield. Can't get my head around it
Point taken but the article used multiple local sources too, and asked some uncomfortable questions of the council.

Back
Top Bottom