The sycophants

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Has Blades Ramble stuck the Abdullah interview behind a paywall or is he just teasing it out? I’ve just searched for it on YouTube and it’s not on his channel under ‘videos’ just ‘shorts’.

It’s something I’m genuinely interested in listening to but no one should be paying for it and it shouldn’t be teased out to fluff someone’s ego, the club owner should make sure of that before he agrees to appear on a channel.

There are plenty of decent media outlets for it to be released via without one of the poorer ones trying to make money or fame from it.

It’s behind a paywall first, I assume it’ll be one that’s then fairly speedily not once people work out and moan.

He's trying to create the impression the owner has made a huge financial investment in changing manager. It's bollocks. PH and CW carried zero leverage in their times of negotiation on contracts.

Now it'll be "I know I said we'd spend in January but 1 point from Liverpool, Chelsea, Villa and City? Can't do it now". It's all so boring and predictable.

The only real protest available now is to stop going, stop buying club stuff and stop interaction on social media. Not saying people should be doung that but anything else is meaningless

When he first appeared his financial analysis was dire and simply trying - and God knows why succeeding - to ingratiate himself.

Despite his closeness with our owner he actually adds little to the debate other than covering for PA. His analysts of the accounts via podcasts added nothing that hadn’t been discussed on here by various people. Many of his followers seem to be interested in linking themselves to him because he has photos of him and his bestie PA.

Not the first time his so called thick skin has been easily punctured and not the first time he’s issued an internet suicide note. As said above, he’ll be back.

Reading above about his Wilder comments, is that he own opinion or was he given a tummy rub and a biscuit to say it?

I wasn’t overly enamored by ttt he e thought of CW coming back but even considering the results we’ve seen some positive changes on the pitch, whilst very little appears to have changed in the overall thinking.

When he first appeared his financial analysis was dire and simply trying - and God knows why succeeding - to ingratiate himself.

Despite his closeness with our owner he actually adds little to the debate other than covering for PA. His analysts of the accounts via podcasts added nothing that hadn’t been discussed on here by various people. Many of his followers seem to be interested in linking themselves to him because he has photos of him and his bestie PA.

Not the first time his so called thick skin has been easily punctured and not the first time he’s issued an internet suicide note. As said above, he’ll be back.

Reading above about his Wilder comments, is that he own opinion or was he given a tummy rub and a biscuit to say it?

I wasn’t overly enamored by ttt he e thought of CW coming back but even considering the results we’ve seen some positive changes on the pitch, whilst very little appears to have changed in the overall thinking.
Difficult to believe he has hos own opinions at this point. As Rodders Said, if you spin for long enough, everything is twisted

Prince Abdullah’s rhetoric is typical of the politician he actually is. Never thought SUFC would become one of those embarrassing ownership issues that seemed to blight other clubs…I think any goodwill the Prince may have had is now gone.

He doesn't get it does he? Keeps going on about 'if he doesn't have it he can't spend it' and implies we don't understand 'what a self sustaining club is'

There is no 'deeper understanding ' of the situation. We all know the above, what he doesn't understand is that we also remember (which he conveniently forgets) that PA said he wanted to sell the club in 6 weeks many months ago. The reason this hasn't happened yet is because he wants 170m for it which is not only way over valued but leaves PA making a massive profit.

He needs to lower the price and get out but of course his mouthpiece isn't going to admit that. That's why we are all fucked off, if he really wanted to sell he'd be asking a realistic price.
Wants to have his cake and eat it.

We are a self sustaining club that runs responsibly. The owner won't spend money he doesn't have and make risks because it's not in the best interests of the club. He cares about the future of the club and the fans, if only they weren't so ignorant with short term thinking.

Yet we were under a transfer embargo in January due to unpaid fees? Queue his massive brag about gambling last season, choosing to not sell players and put all our chips on promotion. He's tried to sell us to two conmen, leaving it up to the EFL to determine whether or not they would destroy our club (with the impeccable track record of the fit and proper persons test).

Which is it? Responsibly living within our means with a long term strategy, or being unable to pay what we owe due to gambling on promotion?

It's all on Princey here for getting in bed with these people. An interview with blades shamble is about the lowest he can go imho. I respect owners trying to get closer to the fans but his choice of profile so far is pretty piss poor to be fair. I'd love to see a nice respectful interview with Ben from bladespod however.

Wants to have his cake and eat it.

We are a self sustaining club that runs responsibly. The owner won't spend money he doesn't have and make risks because it's not in the best interests of the club. He cares about the future of the club and the fans, if only they weren't so ignorant with short term thinking.

Yet we were under a transfer embargo in January due to unpaid fees? Queue his massive brag about gambling last season, choosing to not sell players and put all our chips on promotion. He's tried to sell us to two conmen, leaving it up to the EFL to determine whether or not they would destroy our club (with the impeccable track record of the fit and proper persons test).

Which is it? Responsibly living within our means with a long term strategy, or being unable to pay what we owe due to gambling on promotion?
Neither, it's just ownership by numbers. There's no plan past "I can't put any more money in".

I don't mind him being skint. I do mind the scattergun way the club is run and the lack of skilled staff in the UK. As far as we now now, thete are no 'football experienced' staff left at United World (JVW left last year and the other lad left in 2023) and yet United still don't have any either

Neither, it's just ownership by numbers. There's no plan past "I can't put any more money in".

I don't mind him being skint. I do mind the scattergun way the club is run and the lack of skilled staff in the UK. As far as we now now, thete are no 'football experienced' staff left at United World (JVW left last year and the other lad left in 2023) and yet United still don't have any either

:)

Yes. JVW, who to a man we all welcomed with open arms. Let’s not build him up now, as some are doing with (the unfortunate) young lad Jebbinaldo.

similastly UW, what have they done that would have us bemoaning their possible decline? An organization that the majority don’t and never have believed in and and that many see as a negative.

:)

Yes. JVW, who to a man we all welcomed with open arms. Let’s not build him up now, as some are doing with (the unfortunate) young lad Jebbinaldo.

similastly UW, what have they done that would have us bemoaning their possible decline? An organization that the majority don’t and never have believed in and and that many see as a negative.
My issue with them is United use them as a reason not to have any senior staff in football roles other than 1st team manager and it's not cheap

Wasn't commenting on JVW's competence, more that his role was seen as vital due to his football background.

My issue with them is United use them as a reason not to have any senior staff in football roles other than 1st team manager and it's not cheap

Wasn't commenting on JVW's competence, more that his role was seen as vital due to his football background.
We don’t have any info save the services United paid for and the £5m loan from UW in the last accounts.

You seemed to be bemoaning the fact that we no longer have JVW or similar in position and my point was what did he do anyway. You’d expect if that expertise isn’t there, we don’t have to pay for it. And let’s face it, what benefit have we had for what we have paid?

We don’t have any info save the services United paid for and the £5m loan from UW in the last accounts.

You seemed to be bemoaning the fact that we no longer have JVW or similar in position and my point was what did he do anyway. You’d expect if that expertise isn’t there, we don’t have to pay for it. And let’s face it, what benefit have we had for what we have paid?
But we are still paying 🤷‍♂️

Given the club has its own podcast - why is stuff being fed through fan outlets and not via our own? I get the idea of trying to get down with the fans, but there needs to be a degree of control and parameters in place that those that work for the club and fans remain in these roles. Blurring positions of fan/accountant/advisor/mouthpiece can only add to the confusion and seemingly, haphazard way the club is being run.

It's been a minimum of £1m a year for either 2 or 3 accounting periods
Now. Not then.

I’m not saying we aren’t but if l didn’t know l would state it as a fact. I may suggest if we are what is it for. Based on your comment that there’s no one now providing the services which are apparently vacant. And which no one can see provided any tangible benefit to SUFC. What do you think any new incumbent would bring? Personally l’d prefer to keep the money within the football club and let the UW set up whistle, rather than wonder why there’s no replacement.

Now. Not then.

I’m not saying we aren’t but if l didn’t know l would state it as a fact. I may suggest if we are what is it for. Based on your comment that there’s no one now providing the services which are apparently vacant. And which no one can see provided any tangible benefit to SUFC. What do you think any new incumbent would bring? Personally l’d prefer to keep the money within the football club and let the UW set up whistle, rather than wonder why there’s no replacement.
Spend considerably less to allow someone to take on the football duties Bettis handles and the admin duties that the 1st team boss handles. An experienced advisor for everyone on the football side. A person specifically charged with organising recruitment requirements, monitoring player contracts/renewals, performance management etc

I struggle to understand why, because that’s exactly the sort of ownership we’ve had pretty well continuously since the 70s.
Yes, we’ve always had our ambitions tempered by a perpetual lack of funds, and many would argue even thought we are being ritually humiliated in the Prem…These are our good times. Unfortunately I’m struggling to see it, and the transfer embargo was a new low in my eyes.

I’ve seen a supposed Darren Smith quote on here somewhere stating that ‘we had 3 players lined up but that is to be pulled now as we are down’. ……Really?????

Wilder has been here 24 days and has got 4pts from 5 games. I’d have predicted 4 from 5 when he started - but with a win against Luton & a draw with Brentford. I’d written off Liverpool, Villa & Chelsea. So in my eyes nothing has changed - but actually the team is better organised with a vastly reduced injury list also.

So if Darren Smith is The Prince’s mouthpiece …are we honestly saying that he has pulled the plug on all transfer activity purely on the basis of 4pts from 5 games … that we could have expected????

If that is true, then The Prince screwed up big time by panicking and sacking Hecky…. He may have well saved him self the money used to pay Hecky’s compensation.

What a way to run a Premier League club!

I’ve seen a supposed Darren Smith quote on here somewhere stating that ‘we had 3 players lined up but that is to be pulled now as we are down’. ……Really?????

Wilder has been here 24 days and has got 4pts from 5 games. I’d have predicted 4 from 5 when he started - but with a win against Luton & a draw with Brentford. I’d written off Liverpool, Villa & Chelsea. So in my eyes nothing has changed - but actually the team is better organised with a vastly reduced injury list also.

So if Darren Smith is The Prince’s mouthpiece …are we honestly saying that he has pulled the plug on all transfer activity purely on the basis of 4pts from 5 games … that we could have expected????

If that is true, then The Prince screwed up big time by panicking and sacking Hecky…. He may have well saved him self the money used to pay Hecky’s compensation.

I wouldn't be surprised.

I can't remember where I saw it, but another Blade was saying it's been a while since we've been fed any type of medium, or long-term goals for the club. Unsurprising, given the owner wants to (allegedly) sell.

I think we are stuck in this reactive decision making purgatory world for a while yet.

I wouldn't be surprised.

I can't remember where I saw it, but another Blade was saying it's been a while since we've been fed any type of medium, or long-term goals for the club. Unsurprising, given the owner wants to (allegedly) sell.

I think we are stuck in this reactive decision making purgatory world for a while yet.

Reactive is the key word, there has never been a sign of a long term plan, to repeat my oft-used phrase, it’s back of fag packet stuff, no idea of “big picture”.

Quite a few posters (myself included) predicted a relegation season even before Ndiaye and Berge left a week before it started - we are where are because we’re not good enough. Someone earlier posted “what a way to run a Premier League club”, but that’s only half right. We are a club marooned in the Premier League because we are unable to think or plan like a PL club, and that is down to the owner and the board.

Reactive is the key word, there has never been a sign of a long term plan, to repeat my oft-used phrase, it’s back of fag packet stuff, no idea of “big picture”.

Quite a few posters (myself included) predicted a relegation season even before Ndiaye and Berge left a week before it started - we are where are because we’re not good enough. Someone earlier posted “what a way to run a Premier League club”, but that’s only half right. We are a club marooned in the Premier League because we are unable to think or plan like a PL club, and that is down to the owner and the board.
You predicted a relegation season ?

Wow they are paying good money for proof of the paranormal you're missing a trick with your obvious gift

He did say this but I wouldn't take much he says with any credence. Yes, he gets told stuff and will act on behalf of The Prince in getting certain things out but the vast majority of things he says are opinions or guesses written as facts. Whether he's being disingenuous with how he writes things is up to the reader I suppose.

He got loads wrong in pre-season. The image seems to be that he's on call with The Prince 24 hours a day talking about the club. He gets told certain things in the same way other people prominent on social media do but he's not acting like some sort of medium for The Prince.

Given the club has its own podcast - why is stuff being fed through fan outlets and not via our own? I get the idea of trying to get down with the fans, but there needs to be a degree of control and parameters in place that those that work for the club and fans remain in these roles. Blurring positions of fan/accountant/advisor/mouthpiece can only add to the confusion and seemingly, haphazard way the club is being run.
Radio Sheffield, for all their shortcomings, would be a 10x better outlet than Jimmy Ramble. I think I’ve tried listening 2 or 3 times to the bloke and it’s really poor stuff.

Just an 18 month window in the 90s, when Mike Mcdonald gave Howard Kendal a few bob, but otherwise you are spot on.
Didn't the share issue give Howard a few bob ,which thousands of blades invested in

Back
Top Bottom