The amount of abuse Jack Robinson gets is shameful

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dear John Egan. That is how you attack a header in the opposition's box.

Kind regards,

Jack Robinson.
On a serious note , I would have Egan in extra training how to head a ball down , I love the guy , but he could be in double figures this season with all the headers he puts over the bar and we could be 6 plus points better off !

That's patently untrue. He's a L1/L2 player
Shome mishtake surely?
Dear John Egan. That is how you attack a header in the opposition's box.

Kind regards,

Jack Robinson.
It wasn’t just the goal either. He had another one well saved wherein slow motion he had to twist his body to get proper contact and it looked like it came off the back of his head.

He guarantees commitment, aggression and professionalism in a way few of the others do

Need a few of these in the squad, especially when many of the others are on the slide

Shome mishtake surely?

It wasn’t just the goal either. He had another one well saved wherein slow motion he had to twist his body to get proper contact and it looked like it came off the back of his head.
Put it in Shoutbox last night. He's cut out the errors and he gives a shit. Fair play to him, proved me wrong.

What a header it was

Interesting how Norwood said that he was one who was really getting into the players at half time
Yeah, we need some of that in the changing room, and on the pitch.. Well done Robbo, great goal aswell.

Even if you discount the massive effort from him last night, he's still done enough for at least a 1yr deal in my opinion.
He's come on leaps and bounds since November time. Start of the season you were waiting for the mistake to happen because it was every week. Either a stray pass leading to an attack or a slip. He's cut those out. Been one of the better players since then.

You want him on the pitch now.
Shows how quick some people are to want to destroy a Blades player. Well, fuck 'em.
Well done JLT turned into a terrace hero.

That header, followed by Connors goal, could set the tone for our last 4 games.

COYRAWW.

Back three and wing backs didn't put a foot wrong until they left Kane unmarked in the last minute. Rattled their forward line.

Incredible performance from him tonight. Struck the perfect balance of aggression and composure. A few really big but fair challenges seemed to really put a few spurs players off.

What a man.

He was outstanding tonight. His best performance in a Blades shirt I thought.

Big question surrounding him is whether we keep hold of him if we go up with his contract expiring at the end of the season.

When he's bad, he's a walking disaster zone but when he's on it, he's bloody fantastic. An old school defender in terms of effort, commitment and doing the ugly stuff while being competent enough on the ball.

The pussies in the Premier League wouldn't know what hit them when they're on the receiving end of a crunching tackle or they have to deal with a throw whizzing towards a flapping foreign goalkeeper.

I'm just a bit fearful of the likes of Foden, Rashford, Saka, Salah and the likes giving him the runaround at the top level.

Big question surrounding him is whether we keep hold of him if we go up with his contract expiring at the end of the season.

When he's bad, he's a walking disaster zone but when he's on it, he's bloody fantastic. An old school defender in terms of effort, commitment and doing the ugly stuff while being competent enough on the ball.

The pussies in the Premier League wouldn't know what hit them when they're on the receiving end of a crunching tackle or they have to deal with a throw whizzing towards a flapping foreign goalkeeper.

I'm just a bit fearful of the likes of Foden, Rashford, Saka, Salah and the likes giving him the runaround at the top level.

Players who wouldn't be given a runaround by the likes of Foden, Rashford, Saka and Salah would cost/be worth north of £60 million.

Robinson's wage is probably less than a million a year, I'd say keep him regardless of what division he's in.

I put this on the 'confess your unpopular opinions thread' though felt it worth repeating here on a thread of it's own:

'1. He only cost £500k
2. He's a back-up player
3. He's a back-up player being asked to play out of position
4. It's not his fault he's picked and that we don't have better options.
5. He's not been great, but not terrible either, and his great piece of skill against Everton last year got us a fantastic win that we should be grateful for.'

To add to this, anyone who was at the Peterborough game after his mistake would see that he really cared and he showed great character to have a decent second half.

Contrast to how Brewster has been treated, with so many making excuses for him, the fantastic reception he got after scoring against Carlisle etc.

We should not expect much from Robinson at all. Even when he was last in the Championship at Forest he was hardly top class for this division.

Do I think he's ultimately good enough for us for where we need to be now and in the future? No, and stating so is not abuse. Do I think he tries his hardest and his best? Absolutely. The fact that we need to play him is the club's fault, not his. The fact that he was signed for us is the club's fault, not his.

Some of the comments on here, Twitter, Facebook, shout-box, has been absolutely embarrassing. I struggle to understand it. He's not punched one of our own fans or anything (which even that wouldn't justify the abuse), or ex-Wednesday etc.

We as fans, can and must do better. If he's reading this, which I doubt though not impossible, I'd say that the true Blades are behind you.

UTB
Excellent post.
One observation : despite his limitations, he has definitely been great for most of the season. And that, friends, is a UAB FACT. 🤣😭😂

Last edited:
Reckon the coaching staff should also get credit. When we have time off to reset and practice the defence generally looks solid and we have seen lots of improvement in key defensive players at important times in the season.
It would be interesting to see if they could sustain this level of 'Spurs game' style performance for a whole premier league season or whether they would just melt like they did in the relegation season (Egan/Robinson/Osborn/Norwood/Lowe/Bash were all wretched that year). Also I am beginning to feel like having competition for places may also keep performance high - ie Robinson knows that if he eases off then Clark takes his place.

The most astonishing example from zero to hero I have ever seen for Sufc
Disagree that he has EVER been zero for us. Yes he has his "bomb-scare" moments, but as others have said, if you want someone as good as him who never makes mistakes, you will be paying £40m . I will happily take his mistakes for the pleasure of watching him delivering retribution on the opposition

Can anyone put together a "Best of JLT Tackles" video?

Has improved massively since he first joined, the past couple of games are some of the best he's had for us.

Still think he has noticeable deficiencies on the ball which are often targeted by teams, sloppy passes in dangerous areas are a key part of the JLT experience. But he always puts himself about and is a threat from set pieces. Not sure whether I'd be comfortable with him being the main backup at LCB - especially in a higher division - but if he's in competition with someone else for that spot then he's a solid option. Seems like he's good in the dressing room and gets on with everyone as well.

Don't think he'd get away with throwing attackers to the ground in the premier league which is a shame.

Back
Top Bottom