The amount of abuse Jack Robinson gets is shameful

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He is poor and not a top end championship player or probably top end league 1 standard player, just like the manager really.
So a similar standard to you as a fan, so where is the problem? Maybe he does his best but hopes to improve and maybe you’re the same as a fan so, really, you are made for each other 😁

I think we are completely setting the bar with Robinson, when his best game in a Blades shirt, was in a victory against a very average Luton team.

It was a very well taken header and in a sense he has perhaps achieved what he wanted to achieve today... In his pre match interview, he did state how he needs to up his performance to keep the shirt after all.

I don't agree with personal abuse... but I do still very much agree that he isn't very good and is a defensive liability.

He had a decent, rick-free, all-round game today. Very well done JLT.

To be absolutely fair, he had a completely free header for the goal. Their defending was rubbish. The one he scored at West Brom, under serious pressure from two of their players, was better in my book.

All our players make a mistake or two most games, but Robinson has an unfortunate habit of his ones being punished. Good to see him get a decent goal so he can hear the crowd happy with something he's done for a change!

To be absolutely fair, he had a completely free header for the goal. Their defending was rubbish. The one he scored at West Brom, under serious pressure from two of their players, was better in my book.

Agree…..it was brilliant to see 2 heavily criticised players low on confidence score today.
Will have worked wonders for their confidence and both Robinson and Brewster can sleep tonight with smiles on their faces. Well done!

You’re right - that was a very good header at The Hawthorns. He had his back to goal & everything.
Looked solid today, won some great defensive headers & don’t recall him giving the ball away. As much.

I put this on the 'confess your unpopular opinions thread' though felt it worth repeating here on a thread of it's own:

'1. He only cost £500k
2. He's a back-up player
3. He's a back-up player being asked to play out of position
4. It's not his fault he's picked and that we don't have better options.
5. He's not been great, but not terrible either, and his great piece of skill against Everton last year got us a fantastic win that we should be grateful for.'

To add to this, anyone who was at the Peterborough game after his mistake would see that he really cared and he showed great character to have a decent second half.

Contrast to how Brewster has been treated, with so many making excuses for him, the fantastic reception he got after scoring against Carlisle etc.

We should not expect much from Robinson at all. Even when he was last in the Championship at Forest he was hardly top class for this division.

Do I think he's ultimately good enough for us for where we need to be now and in the future? No, and stating so is not abuse. Do I think he tries his hardest and his best? Absolutely. The fact that we need to play him is the club's fault, not his. The fact that he was signed for us is the club's fault, not his.

Some of the comments on here, Twitter, Facebook, shout-box, has been absolutely embarrassing. I struggle to understand it. He's not punched one of our own fans or anything (which even that wouldn't justify the abuse), or ex-Wednesday etc.

We as fans, can and must do better. If he's reading this, which I doubt though not impossible, I'd say that the true Blades are behind you.

UTB
He cost double that

Encourage them not to be abusive? Tell them that being passionate is not excuse, and true passionate support is not to be abusive?
“I say old bean, would you mind awfully if I politely requested that you be not quite so vicious in your singing towards Jacky Long-Johns Throw? After all I’m sure you’d concur that true passionate support is to not be abusive! What do you say old chap?”

It's bizarre, there won't be many jobs out there, where people think, do you know the way to get the best from the workers, personal abuse!!🤔

Or maybe the abusers aren't bothered about getting the best from players....as long as they have their vent... 🤷‍♂️

A very average/inconsistent player. Excellent at Fulham, very good yesterday (not his fault the opposition were awful). Hit and miss on Tuesday at Preston and absolutely dreadful at Wolves before being hooked at half time. I think he’s Championship standard but not for a team with aspirations

I think my bar for him is “just don’t do anything fucking stupid” if he’s just an average Championship player without that fine. Getting Davies available again would help at least insofar as there are then alternatives

Agree…..it was brilliant to see 2 heavily criticised players low on confidence score today.
Will have worked wonders for their confidence and both Robinson and Brewster can sleep tonight with smiles on their faces. Well done!
And with about 20/30k in the bank for last weeks work

Bless ‘em

“I say old bean, would you mind awfully if I politely requested that you be not quite so vicious in your singing towards Jacky Long-Johns Throw? After all I’m sure you’d concur that true passionate support is to not be abusive! What do you say old chap?”
I’d say

As you put it like that then I’ll stop

Thanks - never looked at it like that

Robinson struggles with concentration. It looked like they'd been working on it from the way he played yesterday. You could see him getting in a position to play the ball before the ball arrived every time yesterday. Get his feet right so, when he received the ball, he had more time to pass it on. Concentrating on making that pass.

So a similar standard to you as a fan, so where is the problem? Maybe he does his best but hopes to improve and maybe you’re the same as a fan so, really, you are made for each other 😁
I didn't know that fans were employed by the club as professional sportsmen and rated upon performance supporting? Fu@@me, this is what I have been missing all these years then! or it could be that you are talking sh@t, you bellend.

Definition of a bell end at the football, is someone shouting abuse at our own players.
IMHO of course.

Cant imagine many folk would last long in their day jobs if they had someone stood next to them being abusive, insulting and downright offensive as soon as they made an error.

I didn't know that fans were employed by the club as professional sportsmen and rated upon performance supporting? Fu@@me, this is what I have been missing all these years then! or it could be that you are talking sh@t, you bellend.
On this occasion I’ll give you a free pass because you are relatively new around here so you probably don’t understand the etiquette. So, you’re not getting reported. 😊

But for future reference, and to assist your understanding, once you descend to calling people names it generally results in a ban, so I suggest you watch your mouth in future. You’re welcome 😁.

Nobody deserves abuse but criticism when it's warranted is justified in my opinion.

The fact that we've recognised that Jack Robinson actually had a decent game (i.e. one where he actually managed to do what you'd expect a paid professional to do...and score a goal!) shows how inadequate he is the rest of the time. It's not his fault that Chris Wilder for some unfathomable reason decided to sign him but in his shoes, it's a pay rise and Premier League football so of course wouldn't turn that down.

His contract is up at the end of the season and he's not been good enough to be kept on if we have any aspirations whatsoever of finishing towards the top end of the table. One good game against Luton doesn't change that

Think JLT would walk into most championship sides (barring Maybe those going for promotion)

Definitely too good for league 1 and plus with a long throw on him they'll snap him up just for that alone.

Back
Top Bottom