The amount of abuse Jack Robinson gets is shameful

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Incredible performance from him tonight. Struck the perfect balance of aggression and composure. A few really big but fair challenges seemed to really put a few spurs players off.

What a man.

Certainly a psychological battle that can be won when you stick a firm but fair challenge in on a player.

One good game a season does not make. He's not the future of this club and makes many mistakes. Abuse is excessive but that's what fans do when they are passionate
Not like 50p head, eh? Somehow his endless errors, crap awareness, positioning, and just sheer crap football, is forgotten.

Don’t agree with abusing players never going to help anyones confidence. He’s not great and not a player who should be with us going forward, he struggles with the basics and you alway have your heart in your mouth when he’s under pressure, today he could have caved in knowing he was awful on Tuesday but to his credit he played well today.
Egan and Basham..?.. Are they great?

Agree…..it was brilliant to see 2 heavily criticised players low on confidence score today.
Will have worked wonders for their confidence and both Robinson and Brewster can sleep tonight with smiles on their faces. Well done!
Smiles in their sleep.... Did they have a cuddly toy..?...

It's one of those things. It's always right to question the value a player brings to the team, of course you can always do better and not everyone turns things around like Robbo. But, we have seen it time and time again with many players. So, I just don't know why people make these full stop statements about the quality of players, not good enough for this or that, national league level, not fit for the shirt etc... Of course, we can't give everyone 50 games to find their feet, but everyone is a professional footballer for a reason. We won't have a squad of 25 premier league quality players next season, so we will always need to call on a few who can at least bring heart, fight and commitment.

Played well & is definitely a good championship player. Doesn’t change my opinion that we should upgrade him if we go up

My MOTM also, defended well and bravely when we were under the pump a bit with some vital headers, and then scored a vital goal aswell.

Whenever Robbo makes a clanger he always seems to come back from it stronger.

Would definitely have him as part of our premier league squad,

Won me over. Not the greatest technically and will drop bollocks but the plusses outweigh the negatives. I remember folks slagging Morgs off when we got promoted, talking about him not being quick enough and suggesting he'd get sent off every week. Couldn't have been further from the truth as he was one of our best players.

Robbo hitting some of the pansies in the Premier League will be a joy to watch. Definitely hope he's sticking around, he offers as much as Egan does, probably more.

If he could cut the errors out and maybe use his head a bit more, he'd be a top Championship defender. Probably MoM for me today. Either him or Illy

If he could cut the errors out and maybe use his head a bit more, he'd be a top Championship defender. Probably MoM for me today. Either him or Illy

I think Jack has one pace, full tilt

When he doesn't play riled up he is not as good, but he does walk the rope

I personally love his old school defending. Attack the ball, leave a bit on the man. I'll bet he has steak and Guinness before the match and a sneaky drag on a woodbine at half time. I can't wait to see him against Jack Grealish.

F***king loved his goal, launched himself at it, it was having it come what may then his momentum carried him over the line right behind it.
That’s football for me, not poncing about falling over and feigning injury.

What a fucking signing he's been

Not that surprised either. He is just the sort who does well here

Amazing achievement for him this season

I know there's another thread on this but thought to bump this up as well as a reminder of how far he's come and to congratulate him on his new contract! Not many would have thought this would not only happen, but would be a vital development

Back
Top Bottom