The amount of abuse Jack Robinson gets is shameful

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Threads like this:

I appreciate that's only two examples, tongue in cheek and one is from a wum. Though as others have said there have been than that and it's totally unnecessary.

Calling him not good enough to play for us = fine

Saying that he's a c*** and should **** off = abuse, and not fine, not proportionate and uncalled for.
Oh, you mean threads like this...

Agree with you. Lundstram's gone , unfortunately someone as to take his place and they've chosen Jack Robinson. When he goes, who's the next target ?.
My guess is another player who can't perform the tasks he's paid handsomely to do. :)

Stegosaurus
I'd like to meet Jack Robinson in person and show him this. You can then defend your action.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-161914.png
    Screenshot_20210922-161914.png
    152.2 KB · Views: 37
Robinson has been used in an analogy of being flushed round a u bend and I’ve put that politely

he does get criticism which is fine but the abuse isn’t - not in my book

Some of the abuse dished out on here from some posters to others because they dare post criticism of the team - similar criticism / comments as professional pundits - is unreal

Fact is that he’s playing football at the second level of English football and come through Liverpool’s academy I believe.

He’s already at a level most haven’t or every will play at. And I find it quite incredible that fans have the temerity to say such a player is shit/not a pro footballer. To have the right to question someone’s ability for me you have to be in a position to be better at it than them. IMHO that is of course.

I suspect I’m falling for a wind up here.

Robinson doesn’t get any stick, as I’d define it. By that, I mean abuse in the real world.

in the virtual world, where we discuss footballing matters, it’s regularly pointed out that he falls far short of the required quality for a promotion chasing side.

Given his lack of quality (more mistakes), I’d say he gets away lightly. The same goes for all our high value purchases (he wasn’t) , who’ve failed miserably yet are still vocally supported by the crowd.
Well, well, well....

I rest my case.

Hi, Stegosaurus here,

Which part of the statement is wrong?
Your OP on your screenshot title unless you're a pro footballer at a higher level and mate's with him. IMHO only.

I put this on the 'confess your unpopular opinions thread' though felt it worth repeating here on a thread of it's own:

'1. He only cost £500k
2. He's a back-up player
3. He's a back-up player being asked to play out of position
4. It's not his fault he's picked and that we don't have better options.
5. He's not been great, but not terrible either, and his great piece of skill against Everton last year got us a fantastic win that we should be grateful for.'

To add to this, anyone who was at the Peterborough game after his mistake would see that he really cared and he showed great character to have a decent second half.

Contrast to how Brewster has been treated, with so many making excuses for him, the fantastic reception he got after scoring against Carlisle etc.

We should not expect much from Robinson at all. Even when he was last in the Championship at Forest he was hardly top class for this division.

Do I think he's ultimately good enough for us for where we need to be now and in the future? No, and stating so is not abuse. Do I think he tries his hardest and his best? Absolutely. The fact that we need to play him is the club's fault, not his. The fact that he was signed for us is the club's fault, not his.

Some of the comments on here, Twitter, Facebook, shout-box, has been absolutely embarrassing. I struggle to understand it. He's not punched one of our own fans or anything (which even that wouldn't justify the abuse), or ex-Wednesday etc.

We as fans, can and must do better. If he's reading this, which I doubt though not impossible, I'd say that the true Blades are behind you.

UTB
I'm all for calling out players for lack of effort and appearing to not care or give 100%, but I firmly believe that this is certainly not the case with ANY of the current squad.

For that reason, mistakes or no mistakes, they will continue to get my support - after all isn't that why we are called supporters?
I might have a joke about one or two of them for their ability (or perceived lack of), but that is as far as it goes.

He gets less abuse than Brewster and McBurnie and those two haven't cost us any games this season.

He's not worth bothering getting irate at really, he's a nice enough lad, technically proficient, he's just at slightly the wrong level.

On a good day he's a top half Championship player but he's playing on the red line when he is, and the chance for a mistake is high, be it direct (falling over, own goal, oppo assist) or in his decision making leading to an opposition attack.

Last edited:
I’d love the abuse Jack Robinson gets for £30k a week

For £30k a week there isn’t much I wouldn’t do

#poorjack

Well, well, well....

I rest my case.
Is your case the building of a straw man?

Or are you redefining “scapegoat” as a player who isn’t good enough, and where people point that out?

Let’s settle for that and then we can agree. :)

Get back to crayoning and homework. School tomorrow for you. Oink.😎🐕‍🦺 Draw this dog for show and tell lol!

Abuse? It's really a two pronged argument as to what you define as abuse.

If I say he's a wank footballer, I'd call that abuse.

If I say he's wank playing out of position at LCB I'd say I'm not abusing him, just stating a fact.

I think he's the latter.

Whilst he wears the famous red and white shirt he's a blade and I will never turn or abuse anybody in our famous colours whether it's a player fan or what ever. Voice an opinion by all means. I've crossed the line before in the heat of the moment during match. Let's stick by him UTB FTP

At the Southampton match I was sat next to a guy who sighed and said "Jesus" to everything that Norwood, Robinson, Brewster or Mcburnie did - irrespective of whether what they did was shite or great. Like they're on some list somewhere and watching them and making a judgement based on their actual performance was beyond him.

Maybe he ju
At the Southampton match I was sat next to a guy who sighed and said "Jesus" to everything that Norwood, Robinson, Brewster or Mcburnie did - irrespective of whether what they did was shite or great. Like they're on some list somewhere and watching them and making a judgement based on their actual performance was beyond him.

Maybe he just found Jesus? Hallelujah!

There are Blades fans are too harsh and too confident in their own ability to assess players.

During their careers players have ups and downs. There may be spells where their good attributes are just what a team needs to complement the rest. Despite certain weaknesses, they may do very well. In other spells the team may struggle and lack balance, and any shortcomings of a player are highlighted because other players can't compensate for them. Their good attributes may be wasted because the team can't make use of them.

Tactics, team morale, confidence, injuries, competition for places, mental stuff, all play a part. We shouldn't expect 11 world beaters, but there will be seasons where a lot come together and we'll have a strong side to support. I enjoy other people's views on how to get to that.

I never pay much attention to posters who just make their mind up about a player and look for stuff to back that up. So some geezer says player X is shite... it's just not very interesting.

Opinions, debate, discussion.
But is it ?

The abuse on here by some posters is juvenile and laughable ,both about certain players or certain posters

Read through this thread or any other for that matter and you will find posters who regularly don’t respond with reasoned arguments but with ‘you’re a pig ‘ ‘pig alert’ ‘school tomorrow’ ‘I smell pork’ ‘rinse your dummy under the tap’ whatever - that’s the juvenile tame stuff , there is much darker and sinister stuff that wouldn’t be allowed in general society - just look it’s easy to find - as soon as they don’t agree or can’t compose a reasoned response in comes the abuse .

There is banter which is great and some really funny comments that make you laugh out loud but the ‘abuse’ is getting out of hand

Just because you are a professional footballer or a poster who has a different opinion - this doesn’t give people the right to abuse others

Repent 3:16 John did they have a LGBT coloured wig on

He needs to endear himself to the fans by doing a good job on the pitch,and cut out the mistakes.

Wearing the red and white shirt not enough to endear us fans I make mistakes each and every day if he learns from them all well and good

Back
Top Bottom