Thank You Paul

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

His crap post match interviews did my head in
Newcastle after the worst defeat in our history "these things happen"
After Bournemouth "our running stats"
After Saturdays embarrassment against a team at that time worst than us"i can leave with my head held high"
No rants against the players or apologies to fans for diabolical performances
Good luck but good fuckin riddance! UTB
what can anyone say after an 8-0 defeat that you'd like to hear
"I thought 6 were offside "

He wasn't good enough. Nor is Wilder

No manager is ever good enough in the long term, thats why 99% of managers get the sack.
We only need to focus on this season, we are in serious danger of becoming one of the worse top flight teams ever.
With Wilder we are gauranteed an injection of positivity, motivation and effort, thats a good start.

Also Wilder had this knack of turning average players into a well drilled team.
We haven't played as a team for over a year.....so that will be a novelty too...we'll even have some tactics.

Don't think Wilder can fail to improve us.
We currently look like losing every single match between 4-0 and 6-0.
So if Wilder loses every match 2-0, we have a few attacks and win the odd game, then that's a big improvement.

Thank you for getting us promoted. He got us promoted with the club sailing very close to the wind financially.

I will save my criticisms of him for elsewhere on the forum.

Hecky might fall into the Rovrum job if he's lucky, but his time with us is done, good luck to him I say. CW or whoever can't do much worse than what we have now, even Adkins!, but lets not go crazy, lets build for the future, hopefully a better future UTB

Well said. I think it is time for Heckingbottom to go, but I hated hearing the fans turning on him at Saturday's game.

It wasn't all though was it? Just a smattering and I think most of us realise that it's not all his fault.

We have 5 main problems.

1 Owner who has lost interest.
2 Bad recruitment
3 A fitness/medical team second to all
4 A manager who can't motivate the team
5 A team under performing and devoid of confidence.

Of these he is only to blame for the last two.

In fairness how many of the current Premier League teams would retain a manager after a start like this?

Did a very good job with his hands tied, this season though regardless of our budget size and the 2 being sold, he didn't find what we needed with the budget we had

But I wish the guy nothing but the best, this season was just a step too far, not for just hecky but the club from top to bottom

Fair play to Hecky - took over when we were in a sorry state, turned it around, restored some pride and nearly got us promoted in the first season, got the job completed in the second. Then he was given a near impossible job to compete in the Prem with his assets sold from under him. Can leave the club with dignity and be proud of what he's achieved. I wish him well and I'm sure the majority of our fanbase do too. I dread to think where the club might be financially if he hadn't achieved promotion.

It wasn't all though was it? Just a smattering and I think most of us realise that it's not all his fault.

We have 5 main problems.

1 Owner who has lost interest.
2 Bad recruitment
3 A fitness/medical team second to all
4 A manager who can't motivate the team
5 A team under performing and devoid of confidence.

Of these he is only to blame for the last two.

In fairness how many of the current Premier League teams would retain a manager after a start like this?

Regards the team it's not just about motivating the team.

What about having a plan A
Why do the players always look like they've just met each other for the first time a few days ago. What do they practice in training?
Why don't we have a functioning midfield, there's zero interplay, no one runs into space wanting the ball.
What about devising some tactics to try and win.

It's a tricky one. There is a lot of stuff that isn't Heckys fault, the big one is he lost his main man (N'diaye) the week before the season started and that means Hecky has hardly had a pre-season so he's experimenting on the big stage in the PL, when experiments are usually done in pre-season friendlies. Basically he has a very tough job that was almost doomed to failure so he deserves to be given some leeway and understanding but it appears he's already packed in/ given up/ accepted relegation and this attitude has transferred over to the players several weeks ago. We look like we could become one of the the worse top flight clubs ever, so have no choice but to make a change and Paul will receive a healthy pay-off, good luck regards his future and never forge that last season he saved the club from financial turmoil.

Last edited:

Thank you for getting us promoted. He got us promoted with the club sailing very close to the wind financially.

Thank you Paul. Will be eternally grateful for your services ... especially last season.
The perfect captain to calmly guide a very chaotic ship through extremely choppy waters.
But the 8-0 defeat by Newcastle was the final back-breaker.
What little remaining confidence shattered and the feeling about being 'found out' was too much for even Hecky.
It's lonely at the top. When the motivator needs motivation there is no one left to turn to.

I am confident that after a rest and recuperation Hecky will be back and stronger for the experience.
Best wishes for the future Paul and have a brilliant, stress-free Christmas with the family.

Will be forever grateful for the journey Paul took us on. Deserves lots of respect for the amazing work he did in the Championship considering the many hindrances in his way. Yes it is time for a change, and performances may improve but I would be amazed to see any manager get a tune out of the current situation, hopefully I will be proved wrong.

The football world understands what a poisoned chalice rising to the Premier League can be so I am certain he has done more than enough to warrant a decent managerial appointment in the near future. Thanks Paul.

Fair play to Hecky - took over when we were in a sorry state, turned it around, restored some pride and nearly got us promoted in the first season, got the job completed in the second. Then he was given a near impossible job to compete in the Prem with his assets sold from under him. Can leave the club with dignity and be proud of what he's achieved. I wish him well and I'm sure the majority of our fanbase do too. I dread to think where the club might be financially if he hadn't achieved promotion.
100%

Did a good job overall,but it was always a tough gig to keep us up.
I'm sure he'll get another Championship job soon enough..GLTTL,and good luck to Chris coming back in.

Hecky gave us some pride back after the Covid season and the non-entity that was Jokanovic.

Gave Ndiaye his break. Oversaw one of our more memorable games in recent years when we beat Blackburn to get to Wembley. Took us up automatically in his only full season, despite the turmoil behind the scenes.

All in all, I’d say he definitely out-performed my expectations of him.

However, despite being absolutely shafted in pre-season, this season’s results and performances have been woeful and the general feeling around the club is the lowest since the Adkins days, for me.

The timing is right.

Thanks Paul - you kept your head and always sounded professional in interviews, representing the club very well. Good luck in your next challenge and thanks in particular for a great promotion season. All the best to you.

Top man PH

Integrity , calm , determined --- thank you for saving our club because god only knows where we would be if we hadn't gone up . You got no help whatsoever , despite what anyone says imo - you managed the club through madness last season , with a squad that couldn't fail to go up (many said - what dross) . You were, and are still, a credit to yourself and your profession and i thank you for everything you have done for us - you have reached your ceiling in the prem but managing these woeful resource in this competition must have been horrendous - again , you received no help whatsoever

Thanks for the Promotion to the Prem - only the fifth time in the 53 years i have been going through the turnstiles - thanks for the playoff , thanks for uniting the club after Slav , thanks for the FA Cup semi , thanks for providing a solid platform for someone else to try to move forward with - no matter what division we will be in next season.

You had your faults , but my goodness they were far outweighed by your strengths.

Good luck in the future - imo you will forever be welcome back to BDTBL - And finally

Thank you for saving the Princes backside - i hope he shows you the gratitude you deserve .

Bell4

A fan......

Despite what has happened this season. The man still did a good job last season in getting us promoted with the problems we had last season.

Good luck to him and hopefully he gets a new club soon.

Back
Top Bottom