Thank You Paul

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Been dealt a shit hand this season but played that hand like a poker player who’d only ever played happy families before.
The most shit hand ever dealt but the conclusion is as above, PH is a gentleman is a world of wealth (except PA)…he’s done well until reaching the dreaded, corrupt, shithousery division that is the premier league…
Good luck Paul…

If Wilder is til the end of the season I don't mind that (although I wd have Warnick over him)

We can them spend the rest of the season to scour the market for our next manager. If Wilder keeps us up or engineers a significant turnaround then his name would be in the hat too.

On past evidence of our clueless owner it will be a 5 year deal!
The way CW left us no matter the outcome of this season,if he's reappointed left a very bitter taste in many blades mouths,Will he have the balls to apologise for turning his back on us?Covid affected the 2nd season without doubt, and if the rumours are correct and he did want to bail out weeks before he did? Is he the right man,will Fleck become the new lumstrume,and the deadwood is HIS deadwood which is well past its sell by date,will Billy be back? Interesting times

Bring in a director of football to sign players and don’t let him near the cheque book, not that we have one. His signings over two seasons last time are why we are in the financial mess that we've been in. I would trust Wilder as a coach and manager, but wouldn't trust him to sign another player.

Last night I had a dream that he hadn't got the sack and I was very angry at the Liverpool match.

My dreams rarely come true, apart from the one I had about ELP reforming with a different drummer instead of Carl Palmer (in real life it was Cozy Powell, in my dream, it was someone whose name didn't begin with 'P').

hecky was completely sold down the river by abdullah but he was never good enough tactic wise for the premier league and it was more illiman that got us up than hecky im not sure about wilder although i was always a big fan of his but something had to change the club was becoming a laughing stock im sure these players were not playing for hecky there a lot better than what weve seen this season i think his negative tactics have proven unpopular in the dressing room

Did CW ever have a plan B
Before the relegation season? Yes. We would constantly change formation or personnel to counter opponents. McGoldrick was an example of this. Up top he was the link up man between the midfield and front line. Off the ball he would drop back and become a 6th midfielder. If Baldock/Stevens bombed forward, Basham and O'Connell would push wider to fill in for them if they weren't over lapping, and Norwood would drop in front of Egan as extra protection. Up until the relegation season players often played multiple roles in attack and defence. We were very adaptable. We might always start in the same formation but could finish matches very differently.

According to the mirror. Hecky has criticised the board for putting finance in front of football for the past few seasons. He had been very loyal, but guess after comments like that his days are numbered. I guess he will be hampered on comments he can make put on his conditions of payoff. It would be good to hear him talk honestly about his time at the club.

I don't like the way Wilder left last time, but I think we're probably all in agreement there. For me, the positives for having him back:-

1. We'll be more motivated although I accept that is not difficult (plus there's the "new" manager bounce).
2. The players fitness will improve, and hopefully the whole injuries issue gets better over time.
3. We know the club isn't getting run well, top to bottom. Wilder was very influential in doing that when he was here before, I think we'll be more "united" again.
4. He's decent getting a team together on little funds, which is more likely until we get a new owner. I think it will mean we'll see some movements in Jan.
5. The biggest one for me - I really can't see us dropping to League 1 under his tenure, which I think we'd be in real danger of doing.

Any negatives in appointing Wilder, for me, are overshadowed by the points above.

Thank you for all the great memories,Hecky, and for working a miracle last season in getting us up.
We have seen this season, what an absolute miracle he did pull off last season, by getting a team, so not good enough into the Prem.He was dealt the worst hand possible, by the owners, in selling our best 2 players by a country mile,on the eve of the season, and it is they who should bare the brunt of our criticism.Hecky was always their stooge.
Good luck Hecky in what ever you do next, you deserve another shot at the Championship, and I’m sure you will do well.
For all those fans, who spent most of last season, chanting Hecky and Stuart McCall, who are now giving him absolute vitriol, show a bit of class please.
Yes, he had to go, but as he says, he can leave with his head held high, and he’ll get my applause and gratitude, if he ever turns up at the Lane with a different club.

who would you have gone for tj ? im not sure about wilder either but owts got to be better than whats been happening
Tough call mate. Absolutely fed up of what I've been watching! Saturday did it for me it was gut wrenching. I understand what you say, maybe someone till the end of the season and then a perm for me, Wilder got my utmost respect for what he did for us but leaving like he did left a bad taste for me, they say never go back! I know it's not answered your question and I suppose it is better than what we've been watching but I just wish we could break away from this...its got to be a blade bolloxs!!

Although I didn’t like how Wilder acted towards the end this current crop of players have a terrible attitude and CW has the arrogance to get in their face and call them out which is much needed.
Some of the criticism of Wilder before, like laying into them after losing away to Leicester was justified.

But I also think the current lot could do with someone who is perhaps a bit more edgy with them.

The lack of discipline and application of late is unacceptable. One week we look to McBurnie as a leader, the next he’s doing his best to sabotage the ship.

I don’t mind McBurnie these days and he was good in the promotion team, but last Saturday he let us down a bit, just as we’d started to build him up.

I don’t think Wilder getting into these would do them harm. They probably need it.

At least he built a team. Hecky kind of just took a team on and tweaked it and benefited from Ndiaye, a player he, to be fair, had helped develop.

If it does need change in personnel then of the two I’d say Chris has far more experience of this than Hecky.

Hecky can sit back and think of what might have been if backed but the whole mantra of him getting the job was that he was under no illusions. He seems a decent man though and I wish him well a thank him for taking us back up when a far more hyped manager failed to do so in Slav.

Losing Berge and Ndiaye were hammer blows. But Archer was a coup to some degree, Hamer was productive last year as well but he’s struggled to get a tune out of them consistently. Others like Thomas show a strange lack of judgment somewhere.

I think the job has just become a little too big for Hecky now. Maybe Wilder will have broader shoulders this time.

He comes in and gets a few wins, the nature of his departure will be forgiven if not forgotten.

Let’s also not forget how the Pigs thought of him. They spent each summer begging he would be poached by another team. If he’s back, then let’s get behind him.

I think he should be thanking us....he got the job by default, inherited a team that was one of the strongest, if not the strongest in a poor Championship and fluked promotion....he will get a decent Championship job on the back of it when his true level is probably League1 at best, in fact, he is probably best placed as an Academy manager bringing young players through. I would still like to see him work with our U23's but can't see that happening.

Lets be honest here, Hecky, as much as I like him as a bloke, is a career failure, as is McCall as his No2. Hecky did the same at Barnsley, inherited a side that I could have got promoted, then jumped ship to Leeds where he bombed and was sacked after just 16 games. Then he was out of work for 8 months before rocking up at the sunday league level Scottish Prem where he lasted just 32 games before getting the tin-tak.

Why on earth we gave him a 5 year contract, (or whatever it was) thinking he would all of a sudden morph into a capable Manager is beyond me, apart from the obvious cheap option of course!

Whoever takes over will be an instant improvement, even if that person is Wilder, which I don't want at all.....

So it's a good luck Paul, but good riddance from me....
His crap post match interviews did my head in
Newcastle after the worst defeat in our history "these things happen"
After Bournemouth "our running stats"
After Saturdays embarrassment against a team at that time worst than us"i can leave with my head held high"
No rants against the players or apologies to fans for diabolical performances
Good luck but good fuckin riddance! UTB

I really couldn’t be arsed going on Wednesday if Hecky was in charge. OK, Chris is not what everyone wants but fuck me, it couldn’t be any worse with him in charge. At least he gets what we’re about, total effort, peak fitness with good conditioned players. I for one will be grateful just to see that, at least go down with a fight,

It’s a shame that a thread for expressing gratitude to Hecky has turned into another argument about Wilder. Aren’t there threads enough for that already?

Hecky does deserve our thanks. He picked us up off the floor and gave us two pretty enjoyable and successful seasons. To get this team promoted despite the crisis behind the scenes was a massive achievement. In terms of getting the best out of young players he’s second to none.

He has been found out this season and doesn’t have what it takes to manage at the top level. But I wish him well and hope he gets another good job.

Hecky has always come across as a decent bloke. I wish he'd got us into the top half, and gave the big teams lots of difficult games but alas, it was not to be. He got us promoted, and I hope he does well elsewhere. Just a shame it all turned quickly to shite when he didn't get the financial backing he perhaps should have.

Back
Top Bottom