Sydie Peck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's made 9 U18 starts & just 1 U23 start for us. In my not at all humble opinion it is far too early to be thinking loan out. He needs to work, with us, on developing his football.

Agreed. Far too early but I'd like to see him featuring in the U-23s regularly by the end of the season.

I’ve no idea how good he is. But I like that he’s a cocky little bastard.

If he develops well with us and plays for the first team, away fans will hate him. Got to love it

He looks a confident player but, from watching him last night, I didn't get that impression.

He looks a confident player but, from watching him last night, I didn't get that impression.
I’ve only seen the pen and that he scored from halfway recently. So he’s got the cockiness in his locker.

Just need to develop that side of his game. Billy can coach him on how to be hated by away fans

I did say lower league, was thinking a Chesterfield type side, think he could do well after what I've seen of him so far, looks very confident and has a decent understanding.

We're done well out of Arsenal of late. Him and Lankshear look good additions to the youth ranks. Let's enjoy their progress through the youth ranks and U23s before we expect them to take over from underperforming 30 year olds with 10 years of men's football behind them!

Look forward to seeing them develop.

UTB

We're done well out of Arsenal of late. Him and Lankshear look good additions to the youth ranks. Let's enjoy their progress through the youth ranks and U23s before we expect them to take over from underperforming 30 year olds with 10 years of men's football behind them!

Look forward to seeing them develop.

UTB
What's happened to Lankshear? Injured ? Not played for a while .

I did say lower league, was thinking a Chesterfield type side, think he could do well after what I've seen of him so far, looks very confident and has a decent understanding.
Challenges well for the ball too. Quite tall and strong. Not sure how to develop him, but if his age/maturity wasn't an issue he shouldn't be waiting long before stepping up a level or two.

It would be disappointing if he went on loan, did well and was picked up by a big club before we'd have seen much of him for the Blades. Like Walker and Calvert-Lewin.

Some of these youngsters will be able to make a sudden first team impact without loans spells, like Tonge, Maguire, Brooks and Nidiaye . I'm sure the management have a plan for Peck though.

Fair enough. But he's absolutely nowhere near National League level at the moment. Chesterfield would be crazy to take a chance on someone with so little experience outside the school playground. We have players much more experienced than him, and better, out on loan in the pyramid lower than Chesterfield

Two footed great balance can take a man on ,what's not to like

Challenges well for the ball too. Quite tall and strong. Not sure how to develop him, but if his age/maturity wasn't an issue he shouldn't be waiting long before stepping up a level or two.

It would be disappointing if he went on loan, did well and was picked up by a big club before we'd have seen much of him for the Blades. Like Walker and Calvert-Lewin.

Some of these youngsters will be able to make a sudden first team impact without loans spells, like Tonge, Maguire, Brooks and Nidiaye . I'm sure the management have a plan for Peck though.
Walker and Naughton played a few games in the first team first, Brooks defo went out on loan, and DCL and Ramsdale were plucked out by clubs willing to give them a go. Look at how Jebbison is doing at Burton......
Sometimes the lads need that experience, no matter their age, sometimes they're like De Giralamo, and it fizzled out?.....

Walker and Naughton played a few games in the first team first, Brooks defo went out on loan, and DCL and Ramsdale were plucked out by clubs willing to give them a go. Look at how Jebbison is doing at Burton......
Sometimes the lads need that experience, no matter their age, sometimes they're like De Giralamo, and it fizzled out?.....

I agree that loan spells can be great, for most kids a necessary step on the way to higher level first team football.

I expect what happens with Peck will depend on happens with Arblaster in January. He’s currently behind 4 others at 23’s level and Arblaster has been brought back after an apparently successful spell at BPA. If Arblaster is sent back out on loan to a higher level in January then maybe we’ll see Peck appear more regularly for the 23’s he’s undoubtedly talented but he’s not the only talented centremid in the academy at the moment so he’ll have to really fight for a spot if he’s to step up a level.

Tempted to agree with the view of keeping him at the club for now at least. Send him on loan maybe the back end of the season/next.

Sydie Peck! Oh Sydie Peck
Good in the air and on the deck
And he's a reyt
Cocky bastid
Is Sydie Peck oh Sydie Peck!

Needs some work, etc ...

pommpey
Get it recorded on your next album! Bound to be a huge hit.

I expect what happens with Peck will depend on happens with Arblaster in January. He’s currently behind 4 others at 23’s level and Arblaster has been brought back after an apparently successful spell at BPA. If Arblaster is sent back out on loan to a higher level in January then maybe we’ll see Peck appear more regularly for the 23’s he’s undoubtedly talented but he’s not the only talented centremid in the academy at the moment so he’ll have to really fight for a spot if he’s to step up a level.
Is Arblaster training with the 1st team as not played for development squads since he came back.
Brooks &recently Ndiah both trained with the 1st team as it aids there development .
No doubt Arblaster and others are real quality prospects giving them time with the 1st team will sure boost there confidence.

Back
Top Bottom