Relegation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
I know we're not down yet, but the odds are massively stacked against us and in all likelihood we're playing Championship football next season. But is it a bad thing? Hear me out because I don't want it to sound like one of those bitter "don't care I'd rather go down anyway" mardy rants.

Financially, we'd have to offload a couple - Archer seemingly automatically one of those. Souza potentially being the other but that would be interesting to how it panned out. McAtee/BBD/Larouci returning to parent clubs. Brewster too you'd think would be one to leave. Traore recoup money on via his loan option. Tom Davies - not sure of contract length. Osborn/Lowe - surely go.

However, we would have the opportunity to rebuild some momentum with a much younger set of players and a solid core to work from.

GKs - all change
Defence - RND, Trusty, Egan, Robinson, Bogle, Curtis*, Baldock
Midfield - Souza*, Brooks, Arblaster, Hamer, Peck, Slimane
Strikers - McBurnie*, Jebbison, Osula

Whatever happens it will be a huge summer of creating a blue print and moulding a young squad.

Or am I just too optimistic?

I know we're not down yet, but the odds are massively stacked against us and in all likelihood we're playing Championship football next season. But is it a bad thing? Hear me out because I don't want it to sound like one of those bitter "don't care I'd rather go down anyway" mardy rants.

Financially, we'd have to offload a couple - Archer seemingly automatically one of those. Souza potentially being the other but that would be interesting to how it panned out. McAtee/BBD/Larouci returning to parent clubs. Brewster too you'd think would be one to leave. Traore recoup money on via his loan option. Tom Davies - not sure of contract length. Osborn/Lowe - surely go.

However, we would have the opportunity to rebuild some momentum with a much younger set of players and a solid core to work from.

GKs - all change

Whatever happens it will be a huge summer of creating a blue print and moulding a young squad.

Far too optimistic

GKs - all change

I think the problem is that there have to be question marks (of varying sizes) about whether all of Egan, Baldock, Souza, Hamer, McBurnie and Jebbison are still here next season. Take some/most/all of them out and we've got a lot of work to do to even end up with a competitive squad, particularly when the more turnover there is, the longer we're likely to take to get going.

I think yesterday's squad would have a great chance of winning the Championship but there's a lot of change to come between now and August.

Don’t care rather go down anyway

Back
Top Bottom