Sheffield United - Championship 2024-2025 Season Preparation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
Okay, let’s get the only negative out of the way, we are 100% down. From what I saw last night against Arsenal there is no coming back.

It is time to start preparing for next season…

What does this mean? Start giving the youngsters a run out in our remaining games. We’ve beaten Derby’s record so in my eyes we need to focus on the youngsters who could really make an impact in the Championship for us next season.

There are 3 questions that need to be discussed…

1. Is Wilder good enough to make us bounce back up from the Championship next season? If not then who could we bring in as a replacement?

2. Who do we let go in the summer?

3. What positions do we need to bring in?

In my opinion, one of the most important things that needs to happen in the summer is for Prince Abdullah to sell the club. His asking price is clearly too much and he needs to decrease it. We need an owner who will care about the club and someone who will invest their time into the club. For example, most owners go to every single game and watch their team play whereas the Prince is just sat on his arse in Saudi Arabia, shows he does not care one bit.

I believe we can go back up next season, I really do but there’s a few things that need to change. If we do go back up, we need to be more prepared. I actually think if the youngsters like Arblaster, Brooks, Osula, Jebbo (if he signs a new deal) and Peck get the experience they need in the Championship next season, they can be a real asset for us moving forward.

UTB ⚔️

First thing is money, will PA sell up and new owners arrive?
Either way
1, Get rid of Wilder, this shitshow can't go on. bring Cooper, Rosenoir or anyone but CW
2, I'd keep the youngsters ,obviously, the rest I'd ditch or listen to offers
3, new centre backs, LWB, a goalscorer

TBH, I'm not sure I want Wilder or anyone else to get us back in the Premier League next year.... . the chances we will have another season like 2019/20 without fundamental medium & long term change at the club are nil to zero ... and until then I think I'd enjoy honest toil in the championship for a season or two.

Back
Top Bottom