Match Thread Southampton v. Sheffield United - 13th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SOUT
SOUT
SOUT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1607596552548.png v. 1607596559324.png
EPL Week 12 - Sunday 13th December 2020 - St Mary's

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/southampton-vs-sheffield-united.520/

Officials:

Referee:
Andy Madley
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
Video Assistant Referee: Robert Jones
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage: TO BE UPDATED.

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 10.38.13.png

Ramsdale piss poor there. Get Verrips in. This defence has no confidence in him, and neither have I. Looks like an expensive George Long to me. Good shot stopper, but the rest of his play is very poor.

Hard to put into words how soft a goal that is to let in

That was inevitable, yet again comical at the back.

If they don't wake up for the second half, this could be an absolute tonking.

Yep didn't expect this level but the Southampton side is fullof monsters and the ref isn't giving us anything (although McB's theatrics aren't helping).

Expected a loss. Expected us to play badly.

But this badly?!? Jesus wept.

Yes and in my opinion, it killed our spirit, the amount of times we got fucked over and continue to get fucked over is just killing any and all belief we have that we can compete and play the way we know we can.
It’s so contrasting from last season it’s unbelievable. All that brilliant footy and intricate movements we performed and now we can barely string a basic pass !

Just shocking , was just about to say at least we are still in the game FFS

Up until the goal I dont think we've been that bad so far, but that defending by Egan was utter trash.

Terrible goal to concede....some bad luck but talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Wilder will be shocked by that spell of school boy defending. Terrible.
Will we ever keep a clean sheet this season?

Ramsdale piss poor there. Get Verrips in. This defence has no confidence in him, and neither have I. Looks like an expensive George Long to me. Good shot stopper, but the rest of his play is very poor.
Ramsdale did nothing wrong for the goal. Egan and Ampadu very poor for the goal

No player in a green shirt looks like they want to do that bit extra. So many doing minimal.

Chin up, we play a wounded Man Utd next

Apparently no other manager could do any better with these players.

Why the fuck isn’t Ramsdale catching that ball in? He’s already off his line. Then he gets beat at his near post by a tame effort. Surely Verrips has to get a chance soon. This is embarrassing.

Ramsdale did nothing wrong for the goal. Egan and Ampadu very poor for the goal
Im a gk coach for a step 3 non league team and ex counties level gk. I wouldn’t be happy with my keeper doing what he did,

doesn’t command the area for initial ball in, needs to be more positive in his movements towards the ball.
Doesn’t react to the second phase and ends up flat footed, can’t expect him to save it from that distance out.

However it’s the lead up play you would expect better for that level

Does any of our players deserve more than a 1/10 in this half? Serious question.

I never thought I would see a side as bad as the 1988 side again. This side is getting there. I would rather play 6 lads from the youth side, lads hungry to make an impression. Half of this team are going through the motions, half arsed, half witted. I honestly think we will struggle in the Championship. Thanks for the memories Chris but we are now becoming the laughing stock of British football, enough is enough.

Back
Top Bottom