Match Thread Southampton v. Sheffield United - 13th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SOUT
SOUT
SOUT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1607596552548.png v. 1607596559324.png
EPL Week 12 - Sunday 13th December 2020 - St Mary's

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/southampton-vs-sheffield-united.520/

Officials:

Referee:
Andy Madley
Assistant Referee: Eddie Smart
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
Video Assistant Referee: Robert Jones
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage: TO BE UPDATED.

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 10.38.13.png

We are stuck with what we have I’m afraid this season mate. How come we don’t seem to attract/sign proven attacking midfielders ? Lunny last year was good but is a shadow of that form this year, maybe due to the contract wrangle. Not since Michael Brown have we had that type of player.

Because Premier League quality costs Premier League wages.

Next season we will replace ours with League One players because Championship players cost Championship wages

Then in League One we will have a shed load of League Two players because League One players cost League One wages.

Always the sane, always trying to do something cheap, like a bunch of dodgy fucking builders who wonder why the house they built has fallen down

I had it on record as I was watching my 10 year old (Goalkeeper) at 12 noon play footy (he got MOTM). Really entertaining football game.

Getting home after being frozen with great trepidation watched it. Switched off at 62 minutes I could not watch anymore (plus tired of the commentators calling us Sheffield Wednesday) and looked on my phone for the result.
Depression set in.

Do you know what it reminded me of the exhibition matches where one was the All Stars Team and the other was the team just there to make up the numbers and play a game. Not expected to win but put up a little bit of fight before losing in a whimper.

Like when you used to see the Harlem Globe Trotters and the "other" team. You know the HGT were going to win as it was their show.

Thats what the green kit reminds me of. The team thats there just to show up and take a beating.

If they played my kids' team they would lose.

Relegate us now and furlough the team.

We are stuck with what we have I’m afraid this season mate. How come we don’t seem to attract/sign proven attacking midfielders ? Lunny last year was good but is a shadow of that form this year, maybe due to the contract wrangle. Not since Michael Brown have we had that type of player.
Price i suppose. As we see with Berge, we paid 22 mil for the lad, he’s clearly a good player but far from the finished product and we nabbed him from the Belgian league. If he was in any of the top 5 European leagues we’d be looking 30+ mil. Unfortunately he’s not shoehorned into our squad maybe the way we would have liked.

Can’t let Wilder and/or recruitment off with the poor club excuse though. We aren’t the richest club but we have thrown some big money about & have just overlooked a gaping hole in our squad. The midfield trio has pretty much been the main part of our success over the last 5 years imo and we stood still this season. In fact we arguably let it get worse by loaning out Freeman, not bringing back Besic and basically accepting that Lundstram will leave.

I know it’s like beating the same drum but I cannot believe we didn’t make a real effort to sign someone like Connor Gallagher on loan. Low risk, high reward. And passing up on Swift for 6 mil seems crazy after signing Brewdog for 24 to sit on the bench. (I know Swift has since been injured but butterfly effect and all that, he may not have got injured for us).

God even Harry Wilson or Harvey Elliot from Liverpool. Playing in a midfield 3 is not exactly their game but we’re dying for someone with that quality to make something happen from nothing.

I almost don’t know what we expect playing this (extremely) flat midfield without Didzy to attempt to link it up.

Back
Top Bottom