So where's Archer then?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thank you, a few glasses of Merlot and so would you, however, i do know this...................Alt means high, Tring was a Saxon chief and Ham as in Hamlet.............do i pass the test oh erudite professor?

Please say it was French Merlot and not the South American shite.

He's with the media team with his bow and arrows waiting for the doggers in the woods to clear off so we can shoot the welcome video.

As a turgid as this transfer window has been at times it's brought out some decent Blades Humour.

I've been watching the Blades since 1971, have you? And why does it make you feel big to be so rude. I've probably been to more matches than you, more 'other' grounds than you and watched the Blades relegated from the old third division against Walsall......................have you?
My first game was probably 1972 (born in 64), I’ve been a season ticket holder every year since 1978 despite living in Sale since 93 and, yes, I was on the pitch at the Walsall game. My comments weren’t meant to be rude, just light-hearted, so I’d better not mention that I’d expect somebody who lived in Altrincham to know how it’s spelt……

Thank you, a few glasses of Merlot and so would you, however, i do know this...................Alt means high, Tring was a Saxon chief and Ham as in Hamlet.............do i pass the test oh erudite professor?

Ham was one of Noah’s sons………

Im hoping Father Christmas comes tomorrow. I know it’s a bit early but hey ho. Or should it be hohoho

Ok, let m be the cynic I am, he isn't gonna sign!
It could be like the ITV quiz show 3-2-1 where the clues were so obtuse they could mean anything.

(Ted Rogers voice) So, the clue in the media was that SUFC were interested in an Archer . . . . . . you thought Cameron from AV . . . .. BUT what else could it mean . . . . WELL. . .. SUFC have a Brazilian player . . . .. Brazilians speak Portuguese . . .. Portuguese is a bit like Spanish . . . . . there is a joke about a Spanish archer called El Bow . . . . elbow leads to elbow grease . . . . which is another way of saying put some effort in . . . . . . so SUFC are signing nobody and the rest of the squad are just going to have to roll up the sleeves and get on with it . . .. which means instead of the car you've won dusty bin

download (16).jpeg

What the fuck is happening with this signing it’s all gone quiet the business side of the Blades is the worst run in all four divisions absolute bollocks

I heard they were doing the announcement video last night, got a little bit out of hand as they tried to replicate William Tell and stuck an apple on Archer's bonce while Hecky tried to spear it using a crossbow blindfolded. Archer is now in A and E looking like Gabriel...and I dont mean the Arsenal CB.

Though as Man City are making some moves in the transfer market this may free up James McAtee for a return.

Knee jerk reflex, signing the first player available isn't always the wisest choice.

What the fuck is happening with this signing it’s all gone quiet the business side of the Blades is the worst run in all four divisions absolute bollocks
After the unusual speed of the Hamer signing, normal service has been resumed

It could be like the ITV quiz show 3-2-1 where the clues were so obtuse they could mean anything.

(Ted Rogers voice) So, the clue in the media was that SUFC were interested in an Archer . . . . . . you thought Cameron from AV . . . .. BUT what else could it mean . . . . WELL. . .. SUFC have a Brazilian player . . . .. Brazilians speak Portuguese . . .. Portuguese is a bit like Spanish . . . . . there is a joke about a Spanish archer called El Bow . . . . elbow leads to elbow grease . . . . which is another way of saying put some effort in . . . . . . so SUFC are signing nobody and the rest of the squad are just going to have to roll up the sleeves and get on with it . . .. which means instead of the car you've won dusty bin

View attachment 169223

That was hilarious.....thanks for that :)

In the early days of 3-2-1, the clues had validity and were interesting to work out.
However after a while....probably because they were giving away too many top prizes and were ordered to make cuts to the expenditure.
So they changed the clues, making then so tenuous, the show become a farce,
the way Ted Rogers used to make it sound like they'd won the car then he's backtrack at the last minute telling them they'd won the bin.
Exactly like the example you quoted above.

a9ed5a80-08e0-428c-b6dc-28ce7006b718_text.gif

This thread gives me an idea for a book; it's full of crowd scenes and you have to find the United player in the picture, the big giveaway is the red and white top.
edit: And I'm going to call it, 'Billy and the Clonosaurus'.

Oh you have GOT to be kidding me. First you think of an idea that has already been done, then you give it a title nobody could possibly like.

Where's Wally was on the best sellers list for over 18 months.

It's one of the most popular franchises of all time 8lade, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

I mean yes, sounds good.

Says the man with the name of Man U’s ground 😀
Says the man with a Danish name, which is only one step removed from the pigs 🤣 And yes, I am only joking. Commuting 4 miles to Old Trafford every fortnight would be infinitely quicker and easier than to BDTBL as I have for the past 30 years

Back
Top Bottom