CONFIRMED Slaviša Jokanović

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No did not go to Malham while we was up that way this time, but went around 3 years ago. We was there for 3 nights and just explored the local area on foot which I must admit some of the hills became rather hard work in the sun but definitely worth the effort.

I damned near killed myself in October walking up the steps to the top of Malham Cove. 400 I think there were - and it was hot!
Made it up and down though!
We went up Gordale Scar the next day and on the way back, I could barely put one foot in front of the other. Beautiful area.

I have a few doubts about this appointment.

Supposedly a slow starter, I feel like we need to hit the ground running after this season. Our best chance to get back up, can we afford to throw the first few games to adjust.

The fulham side he had was imo one of the best in the league on paper. Possibly should have achieved automatic?

I thought at least he has a good eye for a player but seemingly he had little to do with the transfers there.
So is his record of signing players any good? And if he's not in charge of this than who is?

Definitely not the worst option out there, infact I struggle to think of better but I am not completely sold. Anyway has my backing and hopefully he gets the best out of the lads.
In SJ´s 2 full seasons at the helm we got 80 (6th) and 88 pts (3rd). Both times we started slowly and then came very strong in the 2nd half of the season. He had a good squad with the likes of Johansen, McDonald and Cairney running the show in MF, but imo near the talent level of Newcastle or Wolves. We had Odoi and Ream as our CB pairing!! His best signing was calling up Mitrovic on 31/18, who was at the airport on his way to Anderlecht. He played to Mitro´s strengths with lots of pace, energy and athleticism in the players supporting him. He will play a very high line AND the fullbacks will bomb forward. Quite nervy at first but once the players understand the philosophy, it was a joy to watch. With the energy at Bramall Lane I can imagine it being very special once it clicks.
Just out of interest, in his 1 season at Watford - 89pts (2nd). Be interesting to see what the bookies are offering for you to get 80+ pts.

In SJ´s 2 full seasons at the helm we got 80 (6th) and 88 pts (3rd). Both times we started slowly and then came very strong in the 2nd half of the season. He had a good squad with the likes of Johansen, McDonald and Cairney running the show in MF, but imo near the talent level of Newcastle or Wolves. We had Odoi and Ream as our CB pairing!! His best signing was calling up Mitrovic on 31/18, who was at the airport on his way to Anderlecht. He played to Mitro´s strengths with lots of pace, energy and athleticism in the players supporting him. He will play a very high line AND the fullbacks will bomb forward. Quite nervy at first but once the players understand the philosophy, it was a joy to watch. With the energy at Bramall Lane I can imagine it being very special once it clicks.
Just out of interest, in his 1 season at Watford - 89pts (2nd). Be interesting to see what the bookies are offering for you to get 80+ pts.
Mitrovic 31/1/18

Reactions: SLB
Just out of Kettlewell, absolutely stunning.
Lovely place. We've stayed in The Racehorse pub in Kettlewell a couple of times and also in a B&B in the village. We have a place in nearby Hawkswick, where we'll be in September for a week. Can't wait. Not going to get chance to get up before then.

Lovely place. We've stayed in The Racehorse pub in Kettlewell a couple of times and also in a B&B in the village. We have a place in nearby Hawkswick, where we'll be in September for a week. Can't wait. Not going to get chance to get up before then.
Unfortunately the Racehorse is closed at the moment due to flood damage but looking at information online it does look like it's planning to reopen soon. Which is (hopefully) good news, we have lost too many pubs over recent years.

"don`t cross if there`s nobody there". That was the main problem with the CW system in the Prem. Too often there were not enough players there, so we messed about with it on wings without creating chances.
there were plenty of times when we had numbers in the box but no we still had to piss about playing tippy tappy triangles out wide instead of getting early crosses in and that had to be the managers tactics

there were plenty of times when we had numbers in the box but no we still had to piss about playing tippy tappy triangles out wide instead of getting early crosses in and that had to be the managers tactics

That's probably why the reaction to Kean Bryan's brilliant crosses was like we'd just witnessed the moon landing or something haha

"We've got a player that can cross! This is going to change everything!"

What has Belfast got to do with Danny Wilson
Wilson was born in Wigan
86C7E74A-0041-49E3-B421-A3A7F8CDCB4C.jpeg
Birthplace doesn’t equate to national or racial identity.

He represented Northern Ireland and apparently identified as being of Northern Ireland heritage.

Thus our first ‘overseas’ manager.

View attachment 114459
Birthplace doesn’t equate to national or racial identity.

He represented Northern Ireland and apparently identified as being of Northern Ireland heritage.

Thus our first ‘overseas’ manager.

He may have identified as being of Northern Irish heritage (which is part of the UK) so he could play international football. On his Wiki page he is identified as being English
He was born in Wigan is a Lancastrian and is English it will say so on his passport he will identify as English. Thus not our first overseas manager

Biggs saying that he knows for a fact Wilder thought Jokanovic was best man for the job..

Vaguely remember Biggs saying that Wilder recommended Appleton to the board upon his departure...🙈

Yep, Biggs just writing any old shite.

Just seen some of the United Twitter feed. slav looks so much like an assassin for an eastern block mob it’s unreal. I bet his dicks got a fucking silencer on it

When does his backroom team join?

Two things that concern me about Slav that ive read and I'm happy to be corrected on.

1. I believe James Shield reported that Heckingbottom put together the training plan for pre season and Slav is happy with it, why wasn't it Slav that did this?

2. Steve Bettis said that Slav is happy for the club to sign players without his input however they have said they'd want his input.

Maybe this is the normal way now for head coaches and I'm just used to the wilder way of being in control of everything.

Two things that concern me about Slav that ive read and I'm happy to be corrected on.

1. I believe James Shield reported that Heckingbottom put together the training plan for pre season and Slav is happy with it, why wasn't it Slav that did this?

2. Steve Bettis said that Slav is happy for the club to sign players without his input however they have said they'd want his input.

Maybe this is the normal way now for head coaches and I'm just used to the wilder way of being in control of everything.
Point 2 is bs . He’s gonna be heavily involved and nothing forced upon him. He’s the Manager, not head coach

I was about to mention - what is happening regarding his back room team?

1 is probably just contractual. Plans needed putting together but he was still under contract with his former employers.

I don’t know about the second point but in terms of hecky setting out preseason schedule it was likely broad strokes stuff at the time. Stuff like start date provisional dates for friendlies, maybe sounding out some potential opponents perhaps a location for a training camp away from shirecliffe. As a lot of the stuff is pretty generic from club to club no need to tear it all up and start again. It won’t have been the specific details of what sessions are being run on what days and the intricate details of what happens in those sessions.

Point 1 was more down to us getting a manager that was still in work. So I doubt he will have been able to do much prep for joining us as he was still working.

1. Slav wasn't the Manager and Heckingbottom based on his performance as Caretaker Manager probably earned the trust of SJ to make the pre season arrangements.

2. I doubt very much the club will be signing players without consulting SJ. Imagine if in January we have 1 fit defender and Bettis brings the Belgian leagues top scorer with him down to Shirecliffe to make introductions? I doubt it'll happen.

Yes, Slav isn't going to be as hands on with transfers as Wilder insisted upon but that is a good thing after some of the dross CW has burdened us with. The signing of Coulibaly is proof enough to me that PA's people have a good eye.

How can SJ calloborating with JVW to recruit players be any worse then any of the transfer business we did since 2019?

Very rare that a manager sets training anyway, that’s usually left to the assistant and coaches. Believe Wilder was generally involved more towards the end of the week and Warnock never made it on the training pitch at all some weeks. At this stage they’ll also be doing so little actual ‘coaching’ it’s pretty irrelevant anyway.

Reactions: Dkc

Back
Top Bottom