Match Thread Sheffield United vs Leicester City - 24th Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LEIC
LEIC
LEIC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1566462430626.png v. 1566462396994.png

EPL Week 3 - Saturday 24th August 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-leicester-city.467/

Officials:

Referee:
Andy Madley
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Neil Hair
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-08-22 at 09.26.01.png

Last edited:

Leicester are a strong side but I wonder if they are any weaker this season with no replacement for Maguire

Leicester are a strong side but I wonder if they are any weaker this season with no replacement for Maguire

Don't think so really, Soyuncu is good, and they were hardly impenetrable with Maguire anyway.

Maguire really wasn't that good for us last season to be honest. Think United bought him off of the World Cup hype the year before. Soyuncu has slotted in nicely so far

Difference between premiership and championship there. Dilly dally around on ball you get punished

Bad mistake by Bash. We've looked sloppy. McGoldrick winning everything in the air. I'd like to see us put McBurnie on and exploit that.

Maybe a tad harsh on you that half. This formation we're persisting with really halts our quick attacks. Luckily for us we had a moment of quality from Maddison and Vardy. Don't think 1 goal will be enough

Mcgoldrick our best player of the half. Mixed bag for rest. Decent going forward. Shaky on defence. Some sloppy passing needs to be tidied up too.

Robinson has been poor for me. The ball isn't sticking to him and he seems hesitant.

McG doing great in the air against their defence, so I'd put McBurnie on for a handful at the back for Leicester.

Lundstram has been solid, Freeman has been excellent at times.

Baldock great too, reyt connection with a volley and some good play in the corner.

Norwood needs to wake up a bit.

Poor mistake from Bash, there were passes on, just didn't get it out of his feet, but we've not been overrun, can still get something from this.

Leicester are notoriously good in the second half so we need to be much sharper in the final third.

I dont rate Robinson. He looked great preseason, but very underwhelming so far. He's not a natural goalscorer.

Our defending, organisation, and intent is good.

But our finishing is of a little concern, generally speaking. Even though we’ve started the campaign well, this big step up to Prem, hopefully isn’t too much for the quality of the strike force we have.

Close one in the end. We will need to improve a our general finishing, to be comfortably placed in this league

Obvious difference in quality - as expected pre-season. Our effort there as ever and we could easily lay a glove on them so heartened for the rest of the season.

We were so much better with McBurnie and Sharp on I think, Robinson needs a bit more ragged edge, or to play someone with an unpredictable edge.

Robbo and McG is too slick.

Baldock was great today, and apart from one mistake from Bash I can't ask anymore really. Lost to a worldie but gave them a reyt game, that Lundstram effort was so close, great save.

Different situation, we're not going to win them all so that's all I want.

I'll be worried when we're not making chances.

Leicester are actually a team unlike some others in the Prem.

On to the next one.

It took a wonderful goal to win that we can take a lot of heart from that, I think we respected them too much first half

Alex the Leicester fan was doing okay until I realised he was about 13 and 3/4.

"Let’s not pretend, you lot despise Jamie Vardy because of his links with your neighbours. I am sure he is in for a frosty reception which he will revel in. The man is a record breaker and king rustler, he is our greatest ever player. "

Peter Shilton?
Gary Lineker?
David Nish?
Gordon Banks?
Frank Worthington?

No, Jamie-scroat-Vardy.

Not even in their top three strikers.

Daft cunts shouldn't be allowed on here.

I think Leicester will be top 10 and we didn't look that far behind them today so I'm optimistic we can compete with the bottom 10.

Deserved a point there. Leicester were creaking. Wonder goal from Barnes, and worldly save from Schmeichel the difference.
Some lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom