Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Bromwich Albion - 2nd February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WES
WES
WES
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612129409853.png v. 1612129418715.png
EPL Week 22 - Tuesday 2nd February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-bromwich-albion.530/

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC
Video Assistant Referee: TBC
Additional Video Assistant Referee: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 21.42.47.png

If mcburnie starts and we're re hoofing it I'm switching off. Fuck watching that shit.
Come on KN. Don't be like that. We've been playing much better since he 'swan-dived' onto his shoulder, so we need to arrest this sudden upturn in form, and he's a reight weapon!
We could consider chopping his head off and sticking it to his right boot as "he's the best header in the club", apparently. A good covering of fly paper to improve his close control, perhaps?
I mean, you can't be happy all your life, can you?
UTB

Given this a lot of thought. Last chance Saloon for our boys this one. Even then, looks a mighty task.

Everything considered, given where the game is right now and the struggles of clubs financially from the Championship down, has there been a bigger game in the clubs entire history ?

I am not sure there has been tbh.

Huge game. 3 points the only satisfactory outcome.

UTB
The Wigan game in 07 was way bigger.Garunteed to stay up with a result.Win this one tonight and could still be comfortably relegated.

Referee: Paul Tierney.
Assistants: Lee Betts, Harry Lennard.
Fourth official: Darren Bond.
VAR: Peter Bankes.
Assistant VAR: Neil Davies.

Tierney was shocking in the cup game v Arsenal last season. Wish it was still TBC, he's oreyt.

The Wigan game in 07 was way bigger.Garunteed to stay up with a result.Win this one tonight and could still be comfortably relegated.
Agreed.

But 14 yrs ago clubs had gate receipt income.

Big clubs (Them Lot / Derby / Sunderland) have the spectre of extinction hovering !!!!

UTB.

A few games ago, I would have tended to agree.

Currently, I consider it to be a significant contributory factor to our possession retention improvements.

Even better than that, it’s possession retention WITH purpose 😀👍.

Hang on in there 😉.

UTB
Possession retention with purpose ends at the point when we pass it back to Ramsdale , whose only option normally is to hoof it back upfield where defenders have the advantage .

I’m not at all averse to it when it eventually leads to progressive forward play , but that’s not what I’m talking about .

Reactions: Dkc
Possession retention with purpose ends at the point when we pass it back to Ramsdale , whose only option normally is to hoof it back upfield where defenders have the advantage .

I’m not at all adverse to it when it eventually leads to progressive forward play , but that’s not what I’m talking about .
I respectfully disagree.

Teams are often faced with the option to “push a bad position” when possession naturally turns over in any event. The conditions to transition are sub optimal. Happens dozens of times every game.

In such circumstances, my opinion is that it’s better not to continue pushing the bad position (going down blocked alleys), turn out, go back and recycle.

UTB.

I respectfully disagree.

Teams are often faced with the option to “push a bad position” when possession naturally turns over in any event. The conditions to transition are sub optimal. Happens dozens of times every game.

In such circumstances, my opinion is that it’s better not to continue pushing the bad position (going down blocked alleys), turn out, go back and recycle.

UTB.

But with us it’s often not from a bad position , but from a position where the player receiving the ball around the halfway line has time and space to take a touch and look for a progressive option .

Rather than doing so , they abdicate responsibly and give it back from whence it came starting a cycle which ends up back with the goalkeeper .

No other team I have watched this season does this even remotely as often as us , which is almost certainly one of the reasons why none of them have such a poor attacking record .

Come on KN. Don't be like that. We've been playing much better since he 'swan-dived' onto his shoulder, so we need to arrest this sudden upturn in form, and he's a reight weapon!
We could consider chopping his head off and sticking it to his right boot as "he's the best header in the club", apparently. A good covering of fly paper to improve his close control, perhaps?
I mean, you can't be happy all your life, can you?
UTB
If McB plays his desperation to prove a point and score leads to poor touches and a frustrating watch.
Unusual for me to make such predictions but I'm with Knowsnowt on this. Just don't like watching him. Subjective I know but there you have it.

See no sense in changing the team that's finding it's winning feet.😊UTB

If we lose surely that puts to bed the people still thinking we have a chance of staying up!

FWIW i think we will win...and still go down.

Proper Championship team, good test for next season.

So in which minute will Snodgrass score against us then? Or maybe he'll just assist Robinson...

Who's gonna score against us then...snodgrass, robinson, bartley, phillips? Too may "nailed on to score" playing for them tonight

Bloody Snodgrass

I'm not overly sold on this Warnocking of strikers. Seems a little odd.

He was on the pitch for 10 seconds on Saturday before he won his first defensive header.

He's been a big miss in our box at set pieces.
Could he make a centre half ? We have conceded so many goals this season from poor aerial defending.

Robinson to be this season's Usworth?

Can understand that front two, they enjoy playing together and I reckon West Brom will sit back so pace is not really necessary without space in behind.

P.S I hope McBurnie comes on and wobbles in a beauty of a header, like the one against Chelsea at home last season 🤫

I'm round the corner from the Lane and it's tipping it down right now. Forecast to continue all night. May have an impact on the game.

View attachment 104580

Snow on t' pitch, orange football. Marvellous.

View attachment 104581
Can understand that front two, they enjoy playing together and I reckon West Brom will sit back so pace is not really necessary without space in behind.

P.S I hope McBurnie comes on and wobbles in a beauty of a header, like the one against Chelsea at home last season 🤫
Nah. Night like this need bit of pace up front. Get em turned get a pen or two. Brewster and Burke for me ( what do I know) . Not a night for one touch.

Just seen that Snodgrass is starting. Please God, no.

Back
Top Bottom