Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Bromwich Albion - 2nd February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WES
WES
WES
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1612129409853.png v. 1612129418715.png
EPL Week 22 - Tuesday 2nd February 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-bromwich-albion.530/

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC
Video Assistant Referee: TBC
Additional Video Assistant Referee: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 21.42.47.png

We've never lost a Premier League game in February so should be oreyt.

Edit: Thought it was bollocks so just checked. Must mean at home??

Last edited:

So tonight is basically a test of which approach will win out on the night:

Stick with what you know, that togetherness and squad harmony and that everyone knowing their respect roles, alongside a recent upturn in form will do the trick.

Or, gamble on a few loanee wildcards and hope that their individual magic will do the trick.

Kyle Bartley. Scored at weekend.

Theyll play hoofball and play for set pieces. not sure we have enough to keep them out. lets hope we create and score our chances

Theyll play hoofball and play for set pieces. not sure we have enough to keep them out. lets hope we create and score our chances
Maybe we should play McBurnie at LB then - best defensive header at the club

Not by any chance has someone got a BT Sport log in I could use tonight? Or any other means of watching.. dont fancy a dodgy stream for this one. Thanks in advance

Given the progression we have seen in the last 6 or so games, I’d have thought that “hoof it to McPub” would have been permanently abandoned in to Room 101. Be utter madness to revert back now.

Wouldn’t it !

UTB

We have progressed in the last 5 or 6 games but the ‘ backwards-sideways-backwards-backwards- ooh look , Ramsdale’s punting it upfield again’ routine has still been much in evidence , even against sides like Plymouth .

It’s usually totally unnecessary , certainly counterproductive and means that I have to watch every match with no solid objects to hand in case I chuck one through the fucking screen . :mad:

We have progressed in the last 5 or 6 games but the ‘ backwards-sideways-backwards-backwards- ooh look , Ramsdale’s punting it upfield again’ routine has still been much in evidence , even against sides like Plymouth .

It’s usually totally unnecessary , certainly counterproductive and means that I have to watch every match with no solid objects to hand in case I chuck one through the fucking screen . :mad:
A few games ago, I would have tended to agree.

Currently, I consider it to be a significant contributory factor to our possession retention improvements.

Even better than that, it’s possession retention WITH purpose 😀👍.

Hang on in there 😉.

UTB

TBH, that is a fucking good call. I am serious.

McPub is not afraid of the tackles, and wins anything in the air.

pommpey
I think he will start to help us to fend set pieces and to try and hold the ball up for whoever plays along side him ( hopefully Billy with Didzy just behind but CW doesnt seem to want to try this from the start if games )

I think he will start to help us to fend set pieces and to try and hold the ball up for whoever plays along side him ( hopefully Billy with Didzy just behind but CW doesnt seem to want to try this from the start if games )

Would love to see us play a vintage game tonight. Tight, accurate passing, no Wilderball, McBurnie scoring a brace, Didsy one and one of the midfielders. In control throughout the match, couple of good saves from Rammers but the last ten just stroking the ball to each other, and Allardyce stood motionless like a fucking Easter Island statue.

pommpey

There will be goals tonight. In both nets. In the same half. It will literally rain goals. A veritable goalnado. ⚽🌪️

I know many have written us off, but I still have hope and see this as a huge game tonight. It would have been a great one under the lights in front of a big crowd.

We totally outplayed them last time and came away with nothing. Just hoping that things even out tonight and we nick a win. I think it will be really tight though.

COYRAWW.

It is seriously embarrassing that folks believe McPub will walk straight back in to the side and be tonight’s hero. Bonky madness in fact.

Slightly less embarrassing than if the gaffer believes so that is 😉.

UTB

It is seriously embarrassing that folks believe McPub will walk straight back in to the side and be tonight’s hero. Bonky madness in fact.

Slightly less embarrassing than if the gaffer believes so that is 😉.

UTB
In fact, Bonky McBonk madness.
But I'm for a bit of that.

Reactions: Dkc
Would love to see us play a vintage game tonight. Tight, accurate passing, no Wilderball, McBurnie scoring a brace, Didsy one and one of the midfielders. In control throughout the match, couple of good saves from Rammers but the last ten just stroking the ball to each other, and Allardyce stood motionless like a fucking Easter Island statue.

pommpey
I really think we will...Last 2 games given them real belief and some key players finally finding form. Need to get balance right but think they’ll be reyt up for this one. 3-1 Snodgrass for them!

pommpey
1612280712667.png

pommpey

and to top it all Brewster gets his first PL goal.

Back
Top Bottom