2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Watford - 25th February 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WATF
WATF
WATF
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sufc.gif
vs.
watford.png

Championship Week 33 - Saturday 25th February 2023 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-watford.638/

Officials:

Referee: Keith Stroud
Assistant Referee: Sam Lewis
Assistant Referee: Mark Stevens
Fourth Official: Ross Joyce

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

That's more like it! Everyone seem to give an extra 10% today.

Yes, Thank you Weird Brummie Arseholes

0/3 isn't bad

Today feels like whatever day it was during the second Wilder promotion season where we played an early kickoff (want to say we lost to Millwall) but then Leeds shat the bed against someone awful like Wigan

Good game today, too decent sides both going for it and a vital 3 points gained to settle any nerves that might have developed had we not won. UTB

Exciting game but I don't know how their 44 didn't get booked for one of his two blatant dives

Good to see this comment from a Middlesbrough fan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230225-180508_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230225-180508_Chrome.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 100
1 of the most tense league games i can remember for a long time as i was worried about derailment if we lost. but credit every Sheffield United player today. that 1 of our best performances when its was most vital. Watford had there moments but i thought we were the better team through out

what a crazy turnaround in 10 days.
-15 mins in on 15th feb it was 13 with game in hand.
  • then last Saturday it was 4
  • couldve been 1 if we lost & things went against us
  • yet today ended up 7pts with game in hand

all that momentum Middlesbrough have. has almost come to nothing as its back to 7pts

more an indictment of decline in standards the last decade. & but mid 2nd half. Keith Stroud overall was 1 of better refs ive seen, dropped a few clangers its keith Stroud, but didnt fall for all playacting. like most naive refs i regularly see

So have you finished wetting your pants for now? 😜
I identify as a Drypanter, just not a blindly positive one. We were looking very vulnerable. We still are, but less so after today. Gaining 3 pts back so soon is a big bonus. I hope today is the start of a similar run of defensive resilience and professionalism that saw us up last time

I identify as a Drypanter, just not a blindly positive one. We were looking very vulnerable. We still are, but less so after today. Gaining 3 pts back so soon is a big bonus. I hope today is the start of a similar run of defensive resilience and professionalism that saw us up last time
To be fair we have just played 3 of the top 6 🤷🏼‍♂️

It all feels much more comfortable now with the points cushion and game in hand. However, I’m sure that they’ll be more update downs before the season ends. Fingers crossed it’ll turn out okay !

In my 25 years at the Lane, I’ve never seen the crowd take up different sections chants and join in unison, rather than do their own thing. That was a first for me today.

And I think the being positive nearly killed most of us …. But it obviously worked!

March games are all tough. End of the month will be really see what this team is made of. This result goes a long way in showing they are ready to battle for that number 2 spot. Bring on Blackburn, WBA etc

Seem more positive about our team on here than our own fans but then we’ve seen it before.

Play ok but give a goal away and don’t really create enough.

Had too many key players out or off form .

Manager getting it in the neck too ( we are used to seeing them leave !)

Good luck for the rest of the season.

I doubt we’ll be seeing you next term (only on MOTD etc !)

We’ll try to beat that Blue and White lot for you instead.

Seem more positive about our team on here than our own fans but then we’ve seen it before.

Cheers mate
But you do realise that you've no chance against that Blue and White lot don't you?

They will be the best team that's ever been in the Championship and they will expect to be given extra points when their 20,000 attendances get uplifted in their own heads to 30,000.

An average that they have not achieved in almost 60 years.

We’ll probably do better against them if they think they will be a top team !

as neutral view it was a fantastic match to watch. end to end both teams going for it.

whats gone wrong at Watford is it like us last season under slav. as i expected a team to dominate this season but in my preseason predictions i thought it wouldve been you to run away with it as on paper your team is very good

as neutral view it was a fantastic match to watch. end to end both teams going for it.

whats gone wrong at Watford is it like us last season under slav. as i expected a team to dominate this season but in my preseason predictions i thought it wouldve been you to run away with it as on paper your team is very good
Yea we do have a good looking team but Pedro , Louza been out long term whilst Sarr is hit and miss .

Davis does ok as striker but doesn’t get goals and there is no real back up .

Yea we do have a good looking team but Pedro , Louza been out long term whilst Sarr is hit and miss .

Davis does ok as striker but doesn’t get goals and there is no real back up .
I really rate Davis. He was even better for Forest when they played us last season. The ball seems to stick to him and he lays it off well, but as you say, a goalscorer he is not.
I really wish we could have got Choudray. What a player.

I really rate Davis. He was even better for Forest when they played us last season. The ball seems to stick to him and he lays it off well, but as you say, a goalscorer he is not.
I really wish we could have got Choudray. What a player.
Could be for 6 million as we have agreed that fee if we go up which probably won’t happen but Leicester must be happy to sell .

Great second half especially when Hecky changed to the team that should have started the game. Christ knows why he brought Sharp on instead of Jebbo though.

Thankfully I'm back on the humble pie again tonight!

UTB

PS: Burnley could be promoted with 6 games of the season remaining if they continue at their current rate!

Could be for 6 million as we have agreed that fee if we go up which probably won’t happen but Leicester must be happy to sell .
leicester arent fully safe yet as you would probally have 8 still be in that mix, so could be coming down & pleased for the money

Thank fuck for that. The two results we craved went our way today. Wasn't bothered how we scored/won as long as we did, and that God Almighty scramble at the end, heart stopping, edge of the seat moments that make the win even better. COYRAWW!!!!

Back
Top Bottom