2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Watford - 25th February 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WATF
WATF
WATF
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sufc.gif
vs.
watford.png

Championship Week 33 - Saturday 25th February 2023 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-watford.638/

Officials:

Referee: Keith Stroud
Assistant Referee: Sam Lewis
Assistant Referee: Mark Stevens
Fourth Official: Ross Joyce

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Side note: West Brom may be having a blip, but they're undefeated at home since we beat them. They've won pretty much all their home games since.

Hope the players realise the situation and normal service should be restored. 2-0 blades

Tough game and definitely a must not lose. I could easily see this being a score draw. They are very good going forward and have the players to beat anyone on their day. 2:2.

The massive games have turned up earlier than expected!

Let’s hope we’re back on track after today’s game and I’m back to eating humble pie served up by Hecky & Co.

UTB.

A heavy home defeat (0-6) and a couple of sendings off.
Dreamt it two nights back.

I also dreamt that i'd put £3000 on Sunderland to win at Rotherham United (edit).

2-2, not keep a clean sheet against these they’ve got too much pace going forward for us.

I reckon we will need WBA to do us a favour today otherwise it’s likely to be down to a one point lead by this evening.

I think we will play better than at Millwall but Watford are the very last team I would have chosen to face this weekend, the strength and pace of that Watford front three is our absolute Kryptonite.

Hope I am wrong and we can pull out a result but I think we may a see a very similar game to the Boro one.

Cant see us keeping a clean sheet, but cant see Watford keeping one either..

2-2 draw and Boro to lose, extending our gap by 1 point.

Have to choke the midfield to stand a chance. 5 at the back, 4 in the middle and 1 upfront. Lose the midfield battle again and we lose the game.
If we had Baldock and RND I'd fancy us to prioritise defending and maybe nick it but the problem with 5 at the back is that Lowe and Bogle are poor at defending. They're going to be up against some of the best attacking players in the league with little help from the midfield.

At least Baldock will be on the bench by the look of it.

I'd go:

----------------------------------------------Wes
-------------Bogle------------Anel--------Egan--------Clark----------Lowe
------------------Berge-----------------Norwood-----------Osborn
--------------------------------Ndiaye-----------McBurnie

Subs: Davies, Baldock, Bash, Doyle, Fleck, McAtee, Jebbison

The midfield is a shitshow whoever you play to be honest. Fleck doesn't look fit enough to start. You could argue Doyle would start in place of Osborn or Berge, but I think Osborn is better at tracking back and has much better energy, which we'll need today. Lowe and Clark will need a lot of support and I don't trust Doyle to give it. Starting Berge gives us more height and at least he can manage 90 minutes.

On the plus side, that bench is improving every week. Actual options on there.

My hot take is that if Boro gain points on us tomorrow, we've fucked it

I hope we win

There's still a quarter of the season to go mate. Boro are going to drop points during that spell and even if they do nudge in front of us, there is no saying how it will effect both teams.

If we had Baldock and RND I'd fancy us to prioritise defending and maybe nick it but the problem with 5 at the back is that Lowe and Bogle are poor at defending. They're going to be up against some of the best attacking players in the league with little help from the midfield.

At least Baldock will be on the bench by the look of it.

I'd go:

----------------------------------------------Wes
-------------Bogle------------Anel--------Egan--------Clark----------Lowe
------------------Berge-----------------Norwood-----------Osborn
--------------------------------Ndiaye-----------McBurnie

Subs: Davies, Baldock, Bash, Doyle, Fleck, McAtee, Jebbison

The midfield is a shitshow whoever you play to be honest. Fleck doesn't look fit enough to start. You could argue Doyle would start in place of Osborn or Berge, but I think Osborn is better at tracking back and has much better energy, which we'll need today. Lowe and Clark will need a lot of support and I don't trust Doyle to give it. Starting Berge gives us more height and at least he can manage 90 minutes.

On the plus side, that bench is improving every week. Actual options on there.
Osborn is not good enough. Berge manages 90 mins because he only plays about 10 mins.

I’d have Doyle and McAtee in front of Norwood.

Osborn is not good enough. Berge manages 90 mins because he only plays about 10 mins.

I’d have Doyle and McAtee in front of Norwood.
So, your answer to shipping 6 goals in the last two games is to play midfielders who can't defend? Sound great. Let's not bother.

The Watford attack is Davis playing infront of Sarr, Sema and Joao Pedro. Best attack in the league.

Last edited:
2-1 loss written all over we’ll score first quite early then let Watford piss all over us like boro game

So, your answer to shipping 6 goals in the last two games is to play midfielders who can't defend? Sound great. Let's not bother.

The Watford attack is Davis playing infront of Sarr, Sema and Joao Pedro. Best attack in the league.
They're had horrendous injury problems so far this season, much worse than ours.
Unfortunately most of their top players are back for this one. 😪

They're had horrendous injury problems so far this season, much worse than ours.
Unfortunately most of their top players are back for this one. 😪
When you see they have Choudhury and Kone behind that lot, they possibly are vying with West Brom and Burnley for best squad in the league.

We are screwed then. Let’s just carry on with the same old.

Back
Top Bottom