Match Thread Sheffield United v. Tottenham Hotspur - 17th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
TOTT
TOTT
TOTT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1610750585640.png v. 1610750600016.png
EPL Week 19 - Sunday 17th January 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-tottenham-hotspur.527/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Mike Dean
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 12.25.18.png

Last edited:

A fact touted by many in the game is: a team doing well has far fewer injuries than one that is struggling. Last season hardly any injuries this season loads. Makes you wonder!!

Exactly this. I said to my dad a few week back, it looks like some players have been her so long and mentally feel untouchable. Causes you to just go through the motions comfortably

So true, you don’t change that mindset by offering support on social media and contract extensions. What you end up getting is more stubbornness and boarder line piss taking.

I'm so going to be slated to have said this, but I don't f*cking care: with all the jokes made about Callum Robinson, swapping him with Burke was plain stupid, be it that we got some cash there, too.
I said this at the time but was suggested by others that WBA wouldn't be one of our rivals this season as we'd finish mid table and were building a future where Robinson wasn't going to be good enough in the Prem.

Really poor after last week we showed so much promise. Didzy, our most prem player(a reject from ipswich) shows just how badly a team Wilder has built for the prem. Hes opted for personality and triers over any genuine quality/technical ability at the cost of 120m.

That midfield (apart from lunny) is so poor. Norwood was like pirlo last week and more akin to dean hammond today. Even if we go down we are in trouble! The midfield is in urgent need of updating.

Please tell me we’re not going to end up with Jags against Man U again!?
If we do then it should have an 18 certificate for the broadcast after what happened last time.

Too scary for kids, watching someone get that savagely murdered on daytime TV

Everyone calm down.....don’t you know we are almost guaranteed a promotion run next season. 🤔 And the sole reasons for our shite performances this season is because Lundstrum won’t sign his contract and JOC is injured.

We gave them the win. Can not defend the corner. School boy Norwood gives 2 goals away.

In another reality thats a 1-0 win for us.

Lundstrum got a yellow card. Can they give Norwood his cards. Every time he got the ball, seconds later they were on the break.

Really poor after last week we showed so much promise. Didzy, our most prem player(a reject from ipswich) shows just how badly a team Wilder has built for the prem. Hes opted for personality and triers over any genuine quality/technical ability at the cost of 120m.

That midfield (apart from lunny) is so poor. Norwood was like pirlo last week and more akin to dean hammond today. Even if we go down we are in trouble! The midfield is in urgent need of updating.
Agree - but Lunny is poor too. He was completely ineffective, just lucky he was playing next to car crash.

Agree - but Lunny is poor too. He was completely ineffective, just lucky he was playing next to car crash.
I definitely buck the trend in regards to lunny but i think he does the simple things well, always looks to find space (not so much today), is athletic and is happy to drive forward to the ball.

Egan must be thrilled. He doesn’t have to play behind Norwood or in front of Ramsdale against Man United as he’s suspended
Doesn't that put him out against Plymouth? If so good yellow that

If we have fuck all cover in the squad and the likes of Bryan are getting a run out why have we let RND go to Stoke? I'd have kept him to bed him.in for next year.
[/QUOTE]
To be fair, the is more value in RND clocking another 25 games in the Championship so we can at least sort out one position next season.

Not much point him getting a game only when we have about 7 out. Long term, he's best where he is.

Any chance we can clear out the whole effing midfield in this transfer window.
The plan now should be to get in a few loans....drop them straight in and start playing the younger players in the squad to develop experience. Brewster isn't going to improve playing in front of that lot. Didsy has to drop deep too much to make up for them. But he is putting the mid 3 to shame with his work rate and ability to hold on to the ball. The mid 3 not showing any skill determination guile or real athleticism.

Yeah, Kane never scores from outside the box. As good as he is at Champ level, Norwood is a massive fanny and a liability in
Ok then. Why have managers and coaches at all then? Just have the team and subs selected by phone in. With respect to Clough, he never managed against sides that have 40 high speed cameras positioned around the ground capable of analysing a player’s speed and technique. Or AI systems that can predict player performances, measured by a thousand data points. Of course, tactics matter, tactics made these players better than the sum of their parts. Walk into any elite sporting organisation and tell them tactics don’t matter and they’d laugh in your face.
Before applying tactics you need quality players then players that will work there balls off which should be a given then apply a system that suites what you have for example it always makes me laugh when a substitute is about to come on and a coach calls him over and shows him page after page from a folder what's he been doing all week for godsake then after the game the manager says all week we've worked on a system to beat the opposition obviously the sub hasn't been concentrating not only that the sub takes ten minutes to come on he hasn't got a shirt on no shin pads this modern game......do me a favour

I definitely buck the trend in regards to lunny but i think he does the simple things well, always looks to find space (not so much today), is athletic and is happy to drive forward to the ball.
And doesn’t give the ball away!

Back
Top Bottom