Match Thread Sheffield United v. Tottenham Hotspur - 17th January 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
TOTT
TOTT
TOTT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1610750585640.png v. 1610750600016.png
EPL Week 19 - Sunday 17th January 2021 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-tottenham-hotspur.527/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Mike Dean
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 12.25.18.png

Last edited:

Every team he has been at he has probably been the quickest player in their squad.

But you've got to have more than just pace.
His positioning is terrible, he's neither linking up play or playing on the last man.
I'm so going to be slated to have said this, but I don't f*cking care: with all the jokes made about Callum Robinson, swapping him with Burke was plain stupid, be it that we got some cash there, too.

I have supported Chris Wilder this season but I honestly think this shower will struggle in the Championship. I think it’s coming to the point of a change in management. I do not trust Chris Wilder with transfer funds. He has his favourites at the club who he has rewarded with stupid and idiotic two and three year contracts. Case in point Norwood, Fleck, Sharp and the ultimate piss take in Jagielka. A huge rebuild is required and I do not Chris will be ruthless enough. What’s the betting Fleck, Norwood, Sharp etc still being at the club next season? Who would take over, I don’t honestly know but it needs fresh ideas and the dead wood shipping out. Chris has been found out as one dimensional and will not change his approach due to stubbornness. I’ve just about had enough after today’s showing.
Exactly this. I said to my dad a few week back, it looks like some players have been her so long and mentally feel untouchable. Causes you to just go through the motions comfortably

It’s men against boys today, I’m not sure our midfield is even mid championship standard.

You must be so happy....it’s weird how you always go into hiding when we win or play well.
At least we won’t be playing your boys next season. Is Sheffield football cursed? Both teams seem so crap.

Last edited:
I'm so going to be slated to have said this, but I don't f*cking care: with all the jokes made about Callum Robinson, swapping him with Burke was plain stupid, be it that we got some cash there, too.

I didn't get the discarding of Robinson so early.
Robinson scored as many goals in his last full season in the Championship than Burke has in his whole career.

You must be so happy....it’s weird how you always go into hiding when we win or play well.
At least we won’t be playing your boys next season. Is Sheffield football cursed? Both teams seem so crap.
You disagree that it’s men against boys?? We are a mid table championship table team in the making, it’s there for all to see.

The joke is written within your post. Nobody to play instead of Norwood & why only 7 subs when other teams seem to be able to manage with injuries. We've now had 15 days of a transfer window so: why have we only got 7 subs & no replacement midfielder makes the questions even more poignant!!!!
It’s ridiculous, and clearly a petty statement to the board. Full the spaces with academy lads. It makes us look completely amateurish.

You disagree that it’s men against boys?? We are a mid table championship table team in the making, it’s there for all to see.

True but do you agree you’re team will be playing in league 1 next season....both our clubs are shit....it’s embarrasing.

I suppose at least it’s not a thrashing. We’ve scored a goal and the match day stats look decent.....we’ve had more shots t goal than them
I’ve seen us play much worse and be outclassed more....but it’s not good enough.

Last edited:
Norwood, Fleck and Sharp are definitely good enough for next season.

Good enough for what? Genuine question.

Base it on the last 12 months...

First eleven of a promotion chasing team? Not a chance.

Backup / Squad players in a middling to lower end team? Possibly.

Realistically, we need a rebuild and the aging players who have let us down this year really shouldn't be part of our future rebuild.

Back
Top Bottom