Match Thread Sheffield United v. Swansea City - 19th February 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
SWA
SWA
SWA
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1645267174217.png V. 1645267183682.png
Championship Week 31 - Saturday 18th February 2022 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-swansea-city.584/

Officials:

Referee: David Webb
Assistant Referee: Adam Crysell
Assistant Referee: Geoffrey Liddle
Fourth Official: Jeremy Simpson

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1645267113944.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Excellent team display. It wasn’t perfect - should have scored more, we were sloppy at the back at times - but it was very good and we were a class above the feeble opposition.

We were at them from minute one, never let them rest, were better on the ball and did well at winning the ball. A lot of free kicks to them but that was in part due to a pretty generous ref.

MGW was super today with only the missed header blotting his copybook. Fleck had his best game for some time, snapping at their heels constantly. Berge looked like a good fit in that advanced role. A little too casual at times but still very good.

A goal and an assist for Billy. A normal day at the office really.

Super goal from Baldock- and Norwood should have joined him off the goal drought chart!

What a pathetic performance from Swansea. Peterborough were limited but at least they had a go. There has to be a purpose to possession. They seem to have forgotten that. How are you going to score playing the ball around in your own area? They got what they deserved. Nothing.

If we play like that on Wednesday we’ll hammer Blackburn.

Excellent result, great goals, clean sheet and totally bossed the game.

All this while being incredibly wasteful at times but in the words of Alexie Sayle "mustn't grumble."

Hecky for manager of the month anyone?

The quality on the ball the quick closing down and strikers who knew the way to goal says it all brilliant performance

Great performance, MGW was magic again, thought we pressed well, some decent link up play, really positive.

All this while being incredibly wasteful at times but in the words of Alexie Sayle "mustn't grumble."

Remembering it can be the "kiss off death". I'd sooner it went to another Manager, one who has also done well in the cup?

that was outstanding, alot of end of the season awards come from that game, with the performance of the season. Gibbs White & Baldock were having goal of month competition between them. as they were 2 finishes of the highest quality

im very glad that we had that referee. when we 3-0 as i didnt mind when was stop start & many soft fouls but i hate the inconsistencies. it felt like 1 rule for them 1 rule for us, also joys of football Gibbs white can score 2 beauties for 1-0 & 4-0 but then misses that sitter

Remembering it can be the "kiss off death". I'd sooner it went to another Manager, one who has also done well in the cup?

🤔 Now who could that be...?!

Anyway, that's not the kiss of death, this is the kiss of death!SaltyDependableIsabellinewheatear-max-1mb.gif

A really complete performance. That's the best I've seen a team play off the ball in a long time, everyone knew exactly where to be and who to mark at different times which allowed us to press right up to their keeper with no fear Swansea would ever attempt any sort of long ball over the back.

Bloody typical.

Season ticket holder here.....there's been 2 matches I've had to miss this season.
Peterborough and today's Swansea game.

I'm also not able to make the Blackburn game on Wednesday....so probably another big win.

Unlike Hull the other night, who weren't adventurous but worked hard to defend without pressing too hard, Swansea didn't really come with any kind of plan today. They just seemed there for the taking from the off. They were passive, but we went after them and we were super clinical.

Gibbs-White, Berge and Sharp MOTM in that order for me, but everyone played their part in a great team display. Norrington-Davies had a very steady game. Charlie Goode also looked decent when he came on. Looking forward to seeing him get a chance at some point.

We were solid for the whole 90 minutes, and we didn't give them a sniff. We always looked like scoring on every attack. A professional, clinical performance. What's also great to see, is that all of the four goals were a result of well worked moves. Great stuff, enjoyed it today.

The finishing off today was hells better than on Tuesday v Hull even though it should of been more like 6/7 nil win with the chances we had today against the Swans. Brilliant performance and team spirit today @ BDTBL.

Really impressed with the aggressive way the team pressed whenever Swansea had the ball today. It was relentless!

NO!!! MotM is a death wish. Let's give the poisoned chalice to Middlesborough or Forest.

Really impressed with the aggressive way the team pressed whenever Swansea had the ball today. It was relentless!
Big thumbs up for this. Relentless is the right word.

I've also noticed we've adopted something new when we concede possession - a chaotic 3 or 4 seconds trying to win it back, crowding the man with the ball and doubling up, then retreating into position if we don't. I'm not equating it to Guardiola tactics but he used it a lot in his early years. It's really effective and not risky if done right.

Their keeper and defenders must’ve got the other 62% because they barely got into our half
Possession stats are a complete red herring in assessing most matches, meaningless tbh. It’s what you do that counts.

Back
Top Bottom