Match Thread Sheffield United v Luton Town - 22nd January 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Brewster and Billy Sharp no service and offering nothing, no idea why robinson needs to be playing in this game.. Need an extra man in midfield

The tempo we are playing at is probably the best I've seen it this season.

In fact with everyone playing like this Sharp is looking like the weakest link and a bit like an old man compared to the rest.

Everyone busting a gut, keep playing like the way we are and we will win this one.

There’s a pattern , we start brightly plenty of chances don’t score they grow into the game , second half we huff and puff , they score on a break away we lose , repeat game after game

Last edited:
Two well organised teams largely cancelling each other out. We had the best of the first 20 and they gradually came back into it went they started to play and not just try and catch Egan with a high ball.

It's ok, we just need to up the tempo a bit and move the ball forward quicker. It's too slow at the moment and it's allowing them to get back into position.

Nothing really coming off for Ndiaye. At least Brewster is having a go.

We’ve not been terrible there we’re willing to play forward and risk possession then work hard to immediately win it back. We’re having two big issues as I see it Luton are playing a very deep defensive line and we’re struggling to cause them issues it’s the sort thing we used to rely on Duffy to unpick. Also if we don’t win the ball back quickly our midfield doesn’t have the mobility and bite to break up play so Luton are having some decent spells with the ball.

Robinson playing is deluded. Sorry, but I'd give Gordon a go. He has a mare bring on Robinson. Oh and Robinson isn't have a bad game at all but offers nothing going forward except throw ins. Defensively is OK. But it's just an opinion. Calm down

Two bang average teams cancelling each other out. They're very poor but organised, we're just very poor but sadly we always look like we have that mistake in us. Please God we get a goal early in the second half or this could be another one of those games.

Two bang average teams cancelling each other out. They're very poor but organised, we're just very poor but sadly we always look like we have that mistake in us. Please God we get a goal early in the second half or this could be another one of those games.
Agree mainly but, we've been so much better than them without looking like scoring.

I thought we were decent first half some nice play. Need to carve out some better opportunities but generally pleasing!

edit: if anyone wants a link then DM me

Agree mainly but, we've been so much better than them without looking like scoring.

They're just sitting back and we haven't had the brains to counteract that. They're fucking shite to be honest, we don't look a great deal better.

Maybe I’m just a bit down on us at the minute but I thought that half was utter shite. Created pretty much nothing, made the wrong decisions all over the pitch. Just no spark or creativity.

Norwood and Hourihane too similar, Sharp and Brewster too similar. Need to shake it up a bit and try something different. Berge has been shite lately but I’d still play him in place of Norwood or Hourihane and I’d get McBurnie on for some height up front.

Back
Top Bottom