Match Thread Sheffield United v Luton Town - 22nd January 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1642796009170.gif V. 1642796035304.png
Championship Week 25 - Saturday 22nd January 2022 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-luton-town.579/

Officials:

Referee: Stephen Martin
Assistant Referee: Adam Crysell
Assistant Referee: Geoffrey Liddle
Fourth Official: Darren Bond

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Match Preview (featuring some doom, some gloom and a fascinating couple of stats which could play a BIG part):

Going to be very tough. Luton are doing very well and on a good run. Going to be a hard-though battle.

We're playing at home for first time in ages so don't see us losing.

Luton in good form however so could nick a draw.

However I'm going for a scratchy 2-1 win.

COYRAWW!

Cant see us beating these,too savvy for us,they will do a Southend of old on us,and we will be left saying.......what sort of cheese was that.

1642801442312.png
1642801476641.png
1642801550464.png

As I keep telling my bird (Luton fan) you've peaked too early for this game ... although at 16/5 I'm going to have a few quid on that ... it will ease the pain after the game!!!

Reactions: Dkc
Are Luton a good bet at 16/5? For the glass half empty brigade

They should have beaten us at thier place, hit the bar and the post that day, they've got better as the season has gone on and are on a little run of good performances.

My prediction. Draw.

After a benign showing against Derby and the capitulation that unfolded at Preston I’m expecting a reaction today back at BDTBL. After listening to Hecky I think the boys will be fired up and we will see a dominant front foot performance.
3 nil Blades!

Robbo to come good. Score from a corner and clear off the line in last min for a Blades 1-0 win.

Probably end of our season if we lose this one. 3 points would give us 4 points from 3 games since the enforced break which, while not brilliant, isn't a disaster, and we could still have a chance of 5th or 6th.

No idea what team we will put out. McG and Berge looked ineffective 2nd half v Preston, so don't expect either of them in the starting 11. Might we see Moose and Billy up front?

Can we go to the Lane today, Dad?
Can’t wait son

Seems to have been years since we last went

Good job all footie was suspended when this Covid thingy broke out

…..Europe here we come !!!

We had this ref for our 6-2 game against Peterborough.......but then he also oversaw Luton's 5-0 demolition of Coventry.

I have no idea if this has any bearing on this afternoon 😅

great to be back, it has been ages, gap between Bristol City & Luton, is only a week shorter than gap between 2022 Champ PO final & 1st game of 2022/23 season, but i didnt realise how long ago the previous home game was til id put in perspective. realised this was the big news story when the we beat heckingbottom

temp 1.png

Reckon a 1-1 draw today we score first half and they equalise about 15 mins from the end when we tire and our Bench is dogger.

There's no way we are keeping a clean sheet this afternoon,so either 2 or 3 needed, may be just to get a point,they will kill us on the counter.

Hopefully a full debut for one of the u23. Don't care who, just as a point to the senior players. You don't play to the standards Hecky wants, you get dropped. Probably won't happen though. That would take some balls.

Hopefully a full debut for one of the u23. Don't care who, just as a point to the senior players. You don't play to the standards Hecky wants, you get dropped. Probably won't happen though. That would take some balls.
Absolute madness, they're miles off it. Who do you suggest?

Back
Top Bottom