Match Thread Sheffield United v. Leicester City - 6th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LEIC
LEIC
LEIC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1607032452367.png v. 1607032463814.png
EPL Week 11 - Sunday 6th December 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-leicester-city.519/

Officials:

Referee:
Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: David Coote
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 21.56.22.png

Last week after West Ham we had reasons to be positive against a similarly struggling baggies. This week not so much. Leicester punished us last year when we were on form...... cmon lads UTB ⚔️⚔️

Another loss coming then.

Last week after West Ham we had reasons to be positive against a similarly struggling baggies. This week not so much. Leicester punished us last year when we were on form...... cmon lads UTB ⚔️⚔️

They did, and on the back of a 4-1 tonking by Bournemouth. I'd happily take a draw to stop the rot and help start rebuilding the confidence.

The Leicester game last season is where it all started. As stated above, we were in good form, they'd just lost heavily to an all but doomed Bournmouth side, we were playing for the chance to get into Europe for the fist time in our history...and then ran over us like we weren't there.

Maybe it'll end against Leicester, too.

Match Preview, team news for both sides, players that played for both (there's a surprisingly high amount but it's hard to think of them) and memorable matches:

Reactions: Dkc
Leicester a very generous evens with the bookies. I’ve bet on us to lose every week since we went up. So far this season is paying for the last one..

I've used my triple captain on Vardy ... United win then
I captained Vardy and got 2 other leicester players in defence and midfield for this very reason! Suddenly confident about tomorrow (of course we'll lose 2-1 with all goals being own goals).

I captained Vardy and got 2 other leicester players in defence and midfield for this very reason! Suddenly confident about tomorrow (of course we'll lose 2-1 with all goals being own goals).
Hoping Rodgers gives us a chance by leaving Harvey Barnes out, if he plays I fear the worst.

Start well, miss a chance or two

Go 1 nil down

Barely touch the ball and struggle to string more than 3 passes together

Bring subs on, go 2-0 down.

Leicester sit back, we have more possession and pressure but still don't test the keeper.

Game finishes 2-0 to Leicester. Comfortable victory.

Another weekend ruined

Go 1 nil down

Leicester sit back, we have more possession and pressure but still don't test the keeper.

Another weekend ruined
I am one of the most optimistic Blades around, but the truth is it's hard to argue with your prediction.

I honestly have no clue. Hopefully we can score one early, so we get a bit of confidence back. That being said, Leicester is a solid team with their last two losses, they will in no way underestimate us.

Hoping Rodgers gives us a chance by leaving Harvey Barnes out, if he plays I fear the worst.
That worldie half volley into top corner to win it last year still rankles. Best shot Barnes will do in his career and every time I watch him fluff something since it grinds my gears.same with West Ham Haller absolutely crap v manure yesterday.

So after yet another defeat in a bizarre game in which the home goal seemed to be protected by an alien force field. Now Leicester come to BDBL with their fans seemingly not impressed with recent performances. I'm not as confident as their fans, who seem to think we'll turn them over....

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Ampadu and Stevens both facing late fitness tests?

Mousset still not fit enough to start?

Bring Sharp back to show how to score?

What with weasel face bound to score I'm not sure we can get 2 to secure the win. So illogically with that said, Brewster brace in a 2-1 Blades victory. And it's still 3 weeks to Christmas.... :)

UTB

Working today so don't have to watch the game (thank god) going for a Leicester to win 3-1 (if we're lucky, we might score)

Reactions: MKY
Working today so don't have to watch the game (thank god) going for a Leicester to win 3-1 (if we're lucky, we might score)
Same here, working that is, but would rather be watching.
Leicester have had a few injuries, and I watched them v Fulham, and they were poor.
Hopefully the same Leicester will turn up today and we can take advantage.

Happy to be proved wrong but can’t see anything other than a loss I’m afraid.

If we lose I hope it’s not because we didn’t take our numerous chances,I don’t think I could take it.
A comfortable 3 nil loss would be a better accompaniment to a Sunday dinner at mi moms.
A battling draw might just lift my head of the floor.
A jammy win with a dubious pen in the last minute having been outclssed for 94 minutes.....I’ll take that.

Let's have a decent performance if we have to lose, another Keystone Cops style defeat and I'll get my money on United being relegated.

Go 1 nil down

Another weekend ruined

At least only part of the weekend will have been ruined with the match being on a Sunday.

Let's have a decent performance if we have to lose, another Keystone Cops style defeat and I'll get my money on United being relegated.
Another defeat and the bookies will stop taking bets on us being relegated.

When Mardy Vardy scores in front of an empty kop, what will he do to boast and rub it in?

Maybe run over to wilder and flick the V’s an inch in front of his face?

It won’t matter anyway

2-1 blades.

More misery today unfortunately....but live in hope

Back
Top Bottom