Match Thread Sheffield United v. Leicester City - 6th December 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LEIC
LEIC
LEIC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1607032452367.png v. 1607032463814.png
EPL Week 11 - Sunday 6th December 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-leicester-city.519/

Officials:

Referee:
Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: David Coote
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-12-03 at 21.56.22.png

Second half was ok I thought, without much threat.

We looked better organised than the first half and you could see that they were struggling to find space and passes due to good marking. They were always the more likely though and they didn't play very well. I feel like we go forward with more hope than expectation!

Oh come on apart from that goal what did we create? we are awful but some fans don't see it

Being awful doesn’t change the fact that one of our most experienced players made a stupid mistake in a dangerous position. Had that been Bryan or McBurnie, the torches and pitchforks would be out in numbers.

"You just can't open up against these quality teams" "we'll never walk out the back door"

Can't open up yet in the 90th minute our defensive line against Jamie Vardy of all people, was practically stood in Shoreham Street car park it was that high.

Can't open up yet in the 90th minute our defensive line against Jamie Vardy of all people, was practically stood in Shoreham Street car park it was that high.
Didn't see the game. Was working but had some downtime in which I probably could have stuck it on. Just couldn't be arsed as I knew we'd be shit, we'd score, hang on till the last 5/10 mins then absolutely fucking bottle it in true blades style.

Didn't see the game. Was working but had some downtime in which I probably could have stuck it on. Just couldn't be arsed as I knew we'd be shit, we'd score, hang on till the last 5/10 mins then absolutely fucking bottle it in true blades style.

Lucky you 🤣

We had 5 minutes after we scored in first half where we got in their faces and looked similar to last year. They looked rattled for all of 5 minutes.

As soon as the game settles down we look second best all over the pitch. It's like watching us under Warnock in the Prem. Sit back and wait to get beat, especially against the top half teams.

It was time for a change of shape about 3 games ago.

You can't blame wilder for the lack of effort being put in by some of these players but our system no longer works.

He's got one more game before people turn on him for real. Can't keep playing the same old tactics week in week out when you're bottom.
Every player is one mistake away from people turning on them ... Fleck

This result and the manner of the defeat is a sure fire hammer blow. How Chris somehow picks these players up after this is anyone's guess.

I don't think anywhere near enough is said about how vital he is at defensive set pieces. Another couple of great headers today and a Jake Wright-esq block as well.

Thing that annoys me now at the other end is we would need to put a frickin plane flying over Bramall Lane with the banner "Get ready for McBurnies flick on" to the frickin attackers/midfield because its sacrilege to keep booting it up for him to win the header then have nobody there to collect it.

He wins nearly all of them its not like they dont know just get on the end of one of them.

The way we’re performing, we could go down from The Championship. And people on here think we’ll come straight back up with this shower of shit? We’re becoming a fucking laughing stock. I’d never play Fleck again after that. Half arsed, half witted prick. Fuck off United, and fuck off to the Chris Wilder love in we’ll still have on here after another insipid display. £100 million spent and I’m watching this cack every week. Suppose I’ll get the red faced emojis etc, you lot can fuck off as well.
Start of the season all we needed was a couple of (proper) goal scorers, and possibly another premier league midfielder! Even CW suggested that’s what we needed! So then he goes out and buys NO! premier league players? He buys some young kids and some average championship players and still manages to spend 100 million quid! at the moment I would suggest we have only one player asset at the club (I’m sure that you can tell me who that player is?) and he will be off in January. Then JOC gets injured and CW KNOWS! he urgently, definitely needs a perm Center Half but doesn’t go out and get one!? and this is why we are where we are now, to be fair we have had a lot of injuries but you can’t excuse that he and his recruiting team have made a right royal mess of bringing in players who are not good enough to play in this League, all of whom have got long contracts on good money and who are not saleable, (Lundstrum wants £65k a week! Good luck on that Lunny) I actually enjoyed the Championship but obviously it’s not going to be good for the finances of our club
P.S some of us on here have seen United in division 4 and all will testify that we enjoyed that season enormously!

Thing that annoys me now at the other end is we would need to put a frickin plane flying over Bramall Lane with the banner "Get ready for McBurnies flick on" to the frickin attackers/midfield because its sacrilege to keep booting it up for him to win the header then have nobody there to collect it.

He wins nearly all of them its not like they dont know just get on the end of one of them.
Spot on. We need players waitin to pick up what bounces off his bonce, but they canr be arsed. McBurnie is a good striker and in a team that can provide him with the right service he'd be banging them in. He's a nuisance in the box but no fcker can deliver a decent cross.

This result and the manner of the defeat is a sure fire hammer blow. How Chris somehow picks these players up after this is anyone's guess.

I don't think he should bother. He should tell them to fuck off.

While I really want Wilder to change the system a little due to our injuries, our players despite the social media, look not to give that much of a shit outside of a few like Baldock, Sharp, Egan, Bash.

I don't think the effort shown is that of players who are willing to "die for the shirt".

Fleck looked gutted, but fucking try a bit harder to get on the ball instead of being constantly on the back foot.

Our midfield on merit would be Berge and Osborn and that's kind. No-one else has done anything to show they should be playing in the Premier League.

How in your masterplan would Sharp have stopped Fleck mis-controlling it then?

We had fuck all up front because Burke and McBurnie were knackered. We needed someone to stretch them at the back, and if we are planning on holding the ball up, we need someone he can eventually lay it off to. You dont hold onto a point by sitting there inviting pressure and then hoofing it up to someone to hold it up and eventually lose the ball.
CW said “if you can’t get a win, don’t get beat” end of discussion👍

CW said “if you can’t get a win, don’t get beat” end of discussion👍

Bringing Billy Sharp on wouldn't have changed that result today, and that was the main point of your original post. 👍

The whole team bar the keeper and Egan need drilling on crossing the ball almost everytime it's a super high overhit cross with no pace on it or they hit the first defender

Does anyone know if the final decision on transfers is Wilders. At a lot of clubs it is done by committee
Turns out, missing out on Watkins has been huge for us. If only we'd had a bit more backing in the wage department.

Ollie Watkins has looked really good so far. He would have looked good In a Sheffield United team. That's why I wonder who is calling the shots on transfers.

Back
Top Bottom