Match Thread Sheffield United v. Leeds United - 27th September 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LEEDS
LEEDS
LEEDS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1601033343834.png v. 1601033353824.png
EPL Week 3 - Sunday 27th September 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-leeds-united.511/

Officials:

Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard
Fourth Official: Jarred Gillett
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 12.28.28.png

Billy presser and indication he's starting?

Billy presser and indication he's starting?

It’s certainly not always the case that the player offered up for the prematch interviews starts – I think it’s more due to Sharp’s history with the two. That being said, I could see it happening – he does have a habit of playing well in the games against them.

As long as he’s paired with Burke and not Macburnie.

We need to have pace upfront against Leeds. Break on them. Give them something to think about. Stop them coming forward. If it's Sharp and McBurnie then we could be overrun.

He was looking up for the game before he went off last time. Either that or Sharpe and Burke.

I think we will start Oli Burke and McGoldrick but this wouldn't be my prefered strike partnership, I'd like to see Sharp and McGoldrick.
I was actually hopeful we'd have a new face through the door before Sunday, maybe Daniel Sturridge will arrive at some point?

First Yorkshire derby in the Premier League for decades needs a proper preview and here it is:

'kin 'ell, bit of an early start*...
You REALLY need to win this.
Just think, if it ends up no fans all season (& it could), imagine if Leeds went down without ANY of their fans having gone to a game in the PL...
Look, it's me birthday today & I want to see us beat Wolves & you beat Leeds. Trouble is, I'm not sure which is more likely to happen...
Thinking about it, Traore, Neves & Jimenez etc, GULP, I think you're a bit more likely...
Best of luck, Blades!

*It's on bloody BT as well & I'm going out at 12.00... :mad:

Anyways don't see us keeping a clean sheet, but if we can't score against a defence with bigger holes than a Chinese hooker then we've got serious issues..

I think we at least need a poor performance and a win or a good performance and a draw. Getting nothing from this would worrying given the run we're on and the games coming up.

Well this should be fun. We can't score for toffee, and they seem to be trying to be the same as us, but in a can't defend way.

Doesn't really give any clue as to how this might go.

Egan out obviously gives them a lineup advantage...

But anyway...

Any team news?

Does he have to bring his own bucket?

Will Vera be happy he's out on a Sunday lunchtime in Sheffield?

Unchanged apart from the enforced?

Definitely gonna change the formation?

I see this a simple situation, we don't let them score, we get a point. 0-0 and we stop the formidable, and we draw three blanks in a row. I hope to be wrong if it's in a positive way.

UTB

This is the most anxious I’ve been before a game since I went to Elland Road and watched us beat them last year. There’s a lot of personal pride at stake with this one. Would be massive to get a result to kick start our season.

If we score an early goal this should be a walk in the park, 3-0. If we don't, it's gonna be a long day, because Leeds creates a lot of chances when they are not trailing.

I just want the lads to show us and everyone else what we are actually about, the last 2 games have been a poor advert for who we are. In wilder we trust UTB!

If we don't score today it will be first time in our history that we've failed to score in the opening three matches of a season.

Back
Top Bottom