Match Thread Sheffield United v. Leeds United - 27th September 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LEEDS
LEEDS
LEEDS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1601033343834.png v. 1601033353824.png
EPL Week 3 - Sunday 27th September 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-leeds-united.511/

Officials:

Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard
Fourth Official: Jarred Gillett
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 12.28.28.png

Hopefully, we will be able to get a foothold in this game and finally see what we're looking at this season.

All that can be taken from the first 2 games is that, when the game is alive and the initiative is there to be won, we have been poor. We were awful for the 6 minutes that the game was on the line v Wolves and for the 14 minutes that it was at Villa.

The gaffer can say that he was 'pleased with the reaction' in both games, and, of course, he had to say that. He couldn't throw the players under the bus as he'll be more conscious than anyone, of just how fragile our position is after a string of defeats with this squad which is what he will have to go with.

I suspect that he didn't mean it, though. On some previous occasions when we've been handicapped early in a game, Wilder has been the one to say that 'it's easy to play when you've already lost the game and are more relaxed', and that he's not interested in what the players did after they'd effectively already lost the game. It's what you do when the game is still on the line, that matters. You can see the point. And we've been worryingly weak in both games when the initiative was there to be grabbed.

Having seen Leeds against Fulham last week, they clearly have some issues in defence. It looked to be a slow defence last season and the new signings aren't settled. That gives us some encouragement. On the flip side, though, we appear to have the least creative midfield and least potent attack in the division, so they are not likely to get the chasing that Liverpool and Fulham's attacking players gave them.

I'd take a point now. Just to stop the rot and get up and running.

Ampadu in for Egan
Norwood in for Lundstram
Sharp in for Didsy
Lowe on the bench, maybe even starting over Stevens

That's what I'd like to see

Fucking come on Blades, season starts nah

This is the most anxious I’ve been before a game since I went to Elland Road and watched us beat them last year. There’s a lot of personal pride at stake with this one. Would be massive to get a result to kick start our season.

It’s the least anxious I’ve been for any Yorkshire derby ever ... no fans, it’s crap 😨

If we win then awesome.
If we lose then devastating feeling of relegation this season.

I feel surprisingly calm this morning maybe because we aren’t there in the flesh, or maybe it’s because I’m not expecting to get anything from the game that if we do get owt it will be a pleasant surprise.

Heart says 1-1

Head says 1-3 loss.

but I have been known to be wrong before.

'kin 'ell, bit of an early start*...
You REALLY need to win this.
Just think, if it ends up no fans all season (& it could), imagine if Leeds went down without ANY of their fans having gone to a game in the PL...
Look, it's me birthday today & I want to see us beat Wolves & you beat Leeds. Trouble is, I'm not sure which is more likely to happen...
Thinking about it, Traore, Neves & Jimenez etc, GULP, I think you're a bit more likely...
Best of luck, Blades!

*It's on bloody BT as well & I'm going out at 12.00... :mad:
Happy Birthday H.

Granted we haven't looked potent up front but you think that Leeds are likely to keep a clean sheet, realistically on the back of those last two performances?

All due respect but we haven’t got a Salah, Mane or a Mitrovic attacking them!

We haven’t got a Salah, Mane or a Mitrovic attacking them!

We didn't have those up front last season either and we blew Tottenham away 3-1 and Chelsea 3-0 or have you forgotten that already?

We didn't have those up front last season either and we blew Tottenham away 3-1 and Chelsea 3-0 or have you forgotten that already?
For some reason we’re not that fluid attacking side creating those sort of chances anymore.

Back
Top Bottom