Match Thread Sheffield United v. Leeds United - 27th September 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LEEDS
LEEDS
LEEDS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1601033343834.png v. 1601033353824.png
EPL Week 3 - Sunday 27th September 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-leeds-united.511/

Officials:

Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin
Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard
Fourth Official: Jarred Gillett
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 12.28.28.png

Outstanding performances by several players. I thought Baldock was amongst the best Ampadu very impressive as was Osborne. Stephens won his battle.Burke was everywhere and Rambo proving you only get what you pay for was top drawer and Sander at times was World class. We lost but we will move on and it won’t be long before Chris Wilder turns things round

Disappointing to concede late, but a lot of positives.
Tough run of games coming,but I trust Chris to guide us through.. needs a couple more players in though.
Thought a point would have been fair, but Leeds better with the ball.. To be fair, thought Berge was fouled on the build up for the goal, the ref had blown up for far less.

Why are you looking for bites? You're on your own forum.
I'm not looking for bites its how people want to perceive a comment, people are to quick to react! Let's not move off of subject and let's debate how we get out of the bad form/situation we are in because unless we snap out of it soon we could easily end up with no points from 8 games which would be disastrous

Our midfield is worse than last year
We have no goal scorers

We will really struggle unless we get in 2 new strikers and 2 new midfielders

Our midfield is worse than last year
We have no goal scorers

We will really struggle unless we get in 2 new strikers and 2 new midfielders
How can the midfield be worse when Berge is starting to look like a class act?

How can the midfield be worse when Berge is starting to look like a class act?
That’s why I said 2 midfielders. Berge sits behind a 2 midfielders- both need to create and split open opposition defenders.

I must say there was a lot to be encouraged by in that performance. A lot of really good performances across the pitch.

i think we are a little unlucky to go away with no points as we matched leeds and had a few spells where we took the game to them but thats football. Overall there wasnt much in it apart from the quality at the top end of the pitch.

We are looking more like ourselves on the ball and in possession which was one thing that concerned me from our other games. our ability to play through the middle a bit more today was the difference. Like others have said Berge was immense today but he ran out of steam at the end and should of closed the ball down in the build up play that lead to the goal.

Once we get a couple of goals under our belt things will change. If its arsenal next then in ways i think that could be an easier game than leeds.

UTB
Agree, unlucky today, plenty of positives. We're actually going to see further evolution in our style if Berge continues at CM.

Berge was also fouled, twice, when Leeds "won possession" for the goal.

I'm really not sure why we insist on lumping the ball still. We had 25 mins in the first half where we played through them and we looked good. Apart from that we just conceded possession and sat in waiting for a break. We had to odd break at speed and we looked good but then we started slowing it down again because the game got a bit stretched.

It's like we're stopping ourselves doing what we are good at for some reason. I don't get it.

Oh and we need someone who can score a goal, not sure any of the current strikeforce are going to do so.

Back
Top Bottom