Match Thread Sheffield United v. Burnley - 2nd November 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BUR
BUR
BUR
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1572342370622.png v. 1572342379991.png

EPL Week 11 - Saturday 2nd November 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-burnley.475/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Dan Robathan
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Stephen Martin
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 17.42.19.png

Last edited:

Norwich in real trouble since thei fluke win at City they have 1 d 5 Losses scored 2 conceded 13

Just fancy that!

they also claim they should have had three pens.

Not according to VAR ! 😀

Lundstram could have got another two in the 2nd half was willing him to get a hattrick.
Since Moose and McGoldrick came off apart from Lundstram and Fleck we looked a bit toothless up front.

The M&M strike partnership is blossoming. Onwards and upwards. Just got the first snifter of my £350 winning bet for finishing top 6. ;)

Not according to VAR ! 😀
Since Moose and McGoldrick came off apart from Lundstram and Fleck we looked a bit toothless up front.

I think that was more to do with tactics & not allowing the game to stretch that not posing a goal thread. No need to take chances when you are 3 up with only half the game left.

Can't wait for Dyche's interview

Should have had 8 pens against us and 4 sent off.

Moaning git.

Reyt performance. Man City esque, blow them away and then chill.

Lundstram maybe showing his value to the people who can't deal with being wrong.

Fleck a bit too calm out of possession but dogged with the ball, can't get it off him really.

Defence as usual, absolute rock face.

Norwood accomplished performance against the team he supports.

Moose making the Bournemouth fans suicidal. £10m, he's paid for himself already.

Good cameo from Bill, would have had a goal but for a great save from Pope.

Great 3 points but that was by far and away our best performance all season. They're not up to much but well organised and we kept going through them.

Burnley don't give up many goalscoring chances. Chelsea getting 4 last week was way above their xG. We are also very tight in defence so this could very well end up 0-0, which I'd be very happy with. I'm expecting McBurnie up top with Didsy to add some physicality and get on the end of the many crosses that will fly in today 👍

Shurrup YouFUMS tha knows nowt!!! :D

Superb win!
And there was me thinking that this game was going to be our toughest yet.
It probably was but CWAK prepared the squad superbly.

What the fuck has happened to John Lundstram? Has there been a bigger turn around?

Upto 6th.

I cant stop dreaming about Europe. (i know i know early doors. But you cant help it can you!)

Moaning git.

Lundstram maybe showing his value to the people who can't deal with being wrong.

Fleck a bit too calm out of possession but dogged with the ball, can't get it off him really.

Moose making the Bournemouth fans suicidal. £10m, he's paid for himself already.

It looks like money we'll spent...... The players wilder signs that most of us don't know nothing about turn out to be the best

Wilder did say a few games ago that we will keep improving and we hadn't seen the best from his players yet.

Moaning git.

Nah... actually he said that if the decisions had gone for them it would have been a get out of jail free card, as we were miles better and they were shocking

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/11852250/dyche-we-were-miles-off

We were fantastic today, can’t pick an MotM out between Lundstram and McGoldrick.

We didn’t have a weak link at all first half.

Really surprised at the incessant hoof from Burnley, I assumed that they could actually play football.

We correctly identified Lowton as a weak link and played a lot down the left as a result, we were unstoppable first half. They slightly improved when they bought the the ‘3’ on at half time.

We let them have more of the ball 2nd half and they did hardly anything with it. We broke well and could have scored another 1 or 2.

UTB

We were fantastic today, can’t pick an MotM out between Lundstram and McGoldrick.

We didn’t have a weak link at all first half.

Really surprised at the incessant hoof from Burnley, I assumed that they could actually play football.

We correctly identified Lowton as a weak link and played a lot down the left as a result, we were unstoppable first half. They slightly improved when they bought the the ‘3’ on at half time.

We let them have more of the ball 2nd half and they did hardly anything with it. We broke well and could have scored another 1 or 2.

UTB
At one time Lowton would have been one of our best players , but not now and I think we pressed that well that they had to go long all the time as they had no choice I was really pleased with how we defended their set pieces too .
UTB NBM

Lundstram goals, brilliant, but hearing "Mousse! MOUSSE!“ before Lys played Fleck that perfect ball, almost as if he knew he was gonna score! Priceless.

Fair play to him then. I do like him, he does whinge for England though usually.

CW and Dyche are best buddies they agreed to go for a drink after the match no matter what the result. That would be interesting to be a fly on the wall.

Honestly the way some of you were going on about Burnley I thought it'd be a tough game. They're the worst we've played this season.

Maybe the toughest test so far.

Crowd will - in the majority of cases - expect three points. That hasn't happened often so far - only really Southampton where this has been the case though you might make a case for Palace and Watford too. However, one of our major strengths in other games has been our hard work and determination which, against some sides (ahem, Arsenal) works to our advantage big time. In this game, not so much as Burnley will match us in this department so it comes down to tactical nous and quality. And whilst Burnley are no Arsenal/Liverpool and Dyche is no Klopp, they are established in the Premier League for a reason. One of their key weapons is the direct ball and the set play - probably the current PL's closest to Bassett's United of the early 1990s - and we will have to be on our toes at the back. So far, the back three have been solid as a rock but they will be severely tested by Burnley this Saturday, no doubt. You can also bet that Dyche won't underestimate us at all and will have a plan to deal with our tactics; whether it works is another matter but he will have a plan.

Factor all that in and I expect it to be a tight game - the kind often won via a set piece (Burnley's strength) or a mistake. If I was betting on it, I'd go for a draw. Hoping for a win obviously but it's the sort of game where you can't throw the toys out of the pram if we draw or lose narrowly. In a lot of ways, this is as difficult, maybe more so, than Arsenal and Manchester United at home.

Head: United 1-1 Burnley (Barnes puts them in front, Sharp equalises)

Optimist: United 2-0 Burnley (early goal from McGoldrick settles it all down and Sharp adds the second late on)

Up the Blades.

Meh. What do I know? 🤣🤣🤣

What happened to the minute's silence?

I may have got this wrong but it seemed to last about 20 seconds and with what sounded like some noisy disrespect (and some shushes) coming from the away fans before some of them (maybe out of embarrassment?) then seemed to turn it into a minute's applause.

Honestly the way some of you were going on about Burnley I thought it'd be a tough game. They're the worst we've played this season.

They no doubt had their "worst game of the season" against us. Thought we made them look very poor to be honest and apart from that short spell in the second half where we let them come onto us a bit, they seemed a bit lacking in spirit and ideas to me.

I couldn’t go today in the end as I put my back out playing football. Of all games to miss. I feel quite odd, I’m crossed between being absolutely fucking gutted and buzzing my tits off all while making sure my passport is in date for our European adventure next season. You fucking beauties. UTB!

We looked the established Premier team today and Burnley the newbies.

that was tremendous performance could've made a case for giving Man Of The Match to McGoldrick, Fleck, Egan, O'Connell, Stevens & of course lundstrum . probably our best performance since Hull A at Easter. whether its 2nd half v West ham or playing team on our level. but it felt more attacking & tactically more like I was watching a championship game from last year than a premier league game. McGoldrick was fantastic again some people might critize missing another chance in penalty area but might overlook that with his brilliant layoff in tight area. we wouldn't have ended up in that situation to ultimately miss

i expected more from a dyche team. because I have been a fan of his for yrs. he been a great coach if an Italian or Spaniard had achieved what he has then he would be much more respected, without using the old quote of having an off day. because as great as we have been they must have because they were wasn't the desire & great defence im used to seeing

Back
Top Bottom