Match Thread Sheffield United v. Bournemouth - 25th November 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BOUR
BOUR
BOUR
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1700600119277.png vs. 1700600127738.png

Premier League Matchweek 13 - Saturday 25th November 2023 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-bournemouth.669/

Officials:

Referee: Andy Madley
Assistants: Harry Lennard, Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Sunny Gill
VAR: Peter Bankes
Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt

🚗Matchday Parking:

Stuck for somewhere to park near the ground? CLICK HERE for parking near Bramall Lane

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 20.54.43.png

We just sitting back letting them have the ball!!!

Hecky is just about staying in a game for 70 mins and keeping it tight.

Hecky starting to fucking boil my piss now.

Get him fucked off out of here.
Never realy a fan but not against hecky til now we're playing Bournemouth for fucks sake.
Have a go hecky playing for a draw at home disgrace get him fucked of

Somebody said McBurnie was decent today… bollocks! He was fucking shit! Just like every single one of them today! If he’s at home happy with his performance cos he scored then he can get to f’!!!

If 'hecky' isn't sacked in the next 24 hours. I'm selling my season ticket to a homeless person for 10p. Those so called professional footballers aren't worth my time anymore. I'd rather eat shit.

I will always give praise to the opposition when they deserve it. Thought 24 Semenyo was brilliant for them - the way he ran at us! We can but dream of players that do that!
Agree, Tavenier had Bogle, Baldock and Souza on toast all game and their little No 4 absolutely ran the game for 97 mins.
Thought Bournemouth were quality throughout, having loads of money and investing it wisely is something we can only dream about .

Agree, Tavenier had Bogle, Baldock and Souza on toast all game and their little No 4 absolutely ran the game for 97 mins.
Thought Bournemouth were quality throughout, having loads of money and investing it wisely is something we can only dream about .

Agree….at times it reminded me of the Man City game. There was such a massive gulf between the 2 sides.

Fair enough they had more quality but they also had more effort, more athleticism and more organisation, more well drilled. After just 10 minutes we all commented these look massively better than us.

The Bournemouth players played like it was a vital 6 pointer, like it was a cup final they needed to win.

We started like the target was to contain Bournemouth and aim for 0-0 at half time. We conceded an early goal and even then our plan seemed to be to aim for losing 0-1 at half time.That 1st half was disgusting, all about damage limitation, incredible to think we never entered the AFB penalty area.

At half time we chatted about what our tactics were?
We guessed it must be about conserving energy for the 2nd half and maybe being so inferior in the 1st half that it lulls the opposition into false over confidence, like what happened last home game against Wolves but then our goalie committed an amazing blunder gifting AFB a 2nd goal, at half time our crowd knew the game was over.

2nd half we came out much better, forced AFB to defend in numbers, this was more like it. Why didn’t we start like this?

We showed signs we were still in the game, then we mess up from a drop ball, it was our ball and assume our player expected the AFB player to pass it back to us, they went on the score on the break.

At 0-3 definitely game over, our players relaxed and tried a few attacks but we are regularly caught on the break with AFB missing about 3 or 4 excellent chances.

The only positive is 1-3 is a very flattering score line. A fair result would be a 1-5 home defeat.

I'm fed up of seeing the hot potato football, nobody has the skill to actually hold the ball and distribute it to give us a chance of starting a move, they actually carved us up today and Bogle and Souza(n) stood and watched them, (if they ever play for us again just keep your eye on them both and watch what they contribute to the team................in fact i'll save you the time.....................absolutely NOTHING
Agree with that but most Blades knew before a ball was kicked at the start of the season we would be back down come the end of the season .So what does that tell you? No matter who the manager was the writing was on the wall ,we knew it would happen . Hecky has not helped playing a system that is not working but refuses to change .If you play a system that fails and you do not alter it you get the same results time and time again over over again the result will be the same . Having said that we knew that the lack of investment in the team and selling our biggest assets with the prem on the horizon we were never ready for the prem so it's not just the manager that wants changing .

If Bournemouth were as good as Newcastle they would have got eight goals. The insipid display is not good enough in the championship nay mind the Premier League. You can't stand off and give the space to do whatever Bournemouth or any other team in the Premier they want. they made it easy for them. I don't mind losing but the lack of effort is just not good enough. Hecky can see what's going on and does little to change it which is not acceptable. very low on confidence now. some players should be nowhere near the first team. but at least fight for the badge on your shirts. My player ratings after that display nil for all of them.

Agree with that but most Blades knew before a ball was kicked at the start of the season we would be back down come the end of the season .So what does that tell you? No matter who the manager was the writing was on the wall ,we knew it would happen . Hecky has not helped playing a system that is not working but refuses to change .If you play a system that fails and you do not alter it you get the same results time and time again over over again the result will be the same . Having said that we knew that the lack of investment in the team and selling our biggest assets with the prem on the horizon we were never ready for the prem so it's not just the manager that wants changing .
Totally Agree :)

Totally Agree :)
We're a car crash of a club,some supporters will say,we'll be be o.k. in the championship,the clubs I've seen in the championship would turn us over,with pace and agility and ability,things we don't possess.

Nerves. Think we've become too afraid of conceding goals and Hecky has them ultra cautious in their play from the start, therefore the whole team look nervous and not really knowing what they're doing. The defence are nervy as the midfield are non existent in terms of tackling, when opponents run at us and it's spread throughout the side, all the stats about tackles made are hopeless, it's the tackles they don't make that count, even the keeper has the crowd nervy when he goes to kick the ball as his distribution is awful.

Back
Top Bottom